straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6553|Edmonton Alberta
Attention soldiers,

We would like to explain here how committed we are to increasing everyone’s experience with Battlefield, especially regarding the updates for Battlefield 2142. We acknowledge that the patching process could have been smoother for Battlefield 2; we have listened to the feedback and learnt from it.

To accomplish this goal Dice has recently formed a Live Team with the purpose of making sure your playing experience on the Battlefield is as solid as possible after the game is launched. Among other things, the team works closely with the community and handles the patching process, together with the Ranked Server Providers.

Your Dice Live Team is located at the Dice Studio in Stockholm and is made up of key people from the game project teams. This means that the same people who actually built Battlefield 2142 will be responsible for updating it. It has the clear advantage of involving people who are fully knowledgeable about the code and design of the game. The patches will also be thoroughly tested in closed beta tests before being released.

The patches will also be entirely dedicated to correcting bugs and making fixes instead of introducing new gameplay mechanics, thus significantly reducing the risk of introducing new bugs with the patches.

With all this said, we would like to announce patch 1.05 for Battlefield 2142. The patch includes more than 25 fixes which will improve every player’s experience on the Battlefield.

The following fixes will be included, along with many others:

* Titan will no longer be able to move once its shields are down, so that lag within the titan should be significantly reduced and revive inside the titan shouldn’t be a problem any more

* Changes in EA master server communication to greatly reduce disconnects

* Players are now able to receive the Titan Survival Pin

* All players will see the same missile silo location numbers in Titan Mode

Patch 1.05 is scheduled for release later in November so keep watching this space for detailed release information. Also, stay tuned for more information on an upcoming competition allowing you to make your mark in 2142.

See you on the Battlefield!

/Your Dice Live Team

official post on ea forums
http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre … dID=143089
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

Those assholes still need to fix the game that got them to 2142 in the first place.

EDIT: At least they admitted that BF2 was a testing bed for BF2142.

Last edited by Hurricane (2006-11-02 14:00:56)

Techworld
Banned
+17|6421
* We realized this game is crap and will be recalling all copies and refunding all customers
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6645|Los Angeles, California, US.
* Titan will no longer be able to move once its shields are down, so that lag within the titan should be significantly reduced and revive inside the titan shouldn’t be a problem any more

Hello Nerf #1 .
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486
Horay! The tumbler pin is back!
straz_mataz
Banned

DaReJa wrote:

Hello Nerf #1 .
the lag inside the titans when botha are moving and when you have like 30 players in one titan is crazy and it should ahve been like this from the beginning

hurricane: bf2 is fixed so stop complaining
tech: 2142 actually is a good game so stfu
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin

straz_mataz wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

Hello Nerf #1 .
the lag inside the titans when botha are moving and when you have like 30 players in one titan is crazy and it should ahve been like this from the beginning

QFT about hurricane and tech.

But the titans moving with shields down was part of the fun, First, it isnt lag, 2nd, Its not their fault if 80% of peoples computers suck.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-11-02 14:07:26)

MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6769|the middle of nowhere

The Dice Live Team wrote:

Wow! Something right for a change LOL!

Last edited by Darkhelmet (2006-11-02 14:12:28)

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6645|Canada
so how do u get titan surviver pin?
Perfeck.kirby
IT's Perfect.kirby
+2|6784|Winterpeg Manitoba
survivng on the titain when it blows up (jump off of it)
Dex Luther
+32|6456|Canukastan

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Survive the exploding titan. It'll actually make it worth trying to get off the titan after the core goes down.

Also, BF2 IS fixed. The only reason you say it's not is probably because you were one of the fag bunny hoppers/dolphin divers. Give it up. It's not coming back.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6660|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Dex Luther wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Survive the exploding titan. It'll actually make it worth trying to get off the titan after the core goes down.

Also, BF2 IS fixed. The only reason you say it's not is probably because you were one of the fag bunny hoppers/dolphin divers. Give it up. It's not coming back.
it never went away:

http://game-monitor.com/GameServer/69.1 … _VA_1.html

granted, it's empty right now. but that server runs BF2   v1.12

the good version.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6466

thats cool... all of the bugs i noticed are going to be solved.... WELL DONE EA:D
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6711
I am thoroughly happy. Nice job DICE.
Hurricane
Banned

Dex Luther wrote:

To say BF2 is fully fixed is to say that the Middle East is at peace. I'm guessing daddy gets the whip out if you badmouth EA and DICE?

-J10 imbalance... F-35 needs better tracking missiles and a smaller hitbox

-I heard the USS Essex's missiles are the ones used in jets, which dont track as well as those of the Stinger and IGLA. Replace the Essex's missiles with the Stinger's missiles if this is true.

-G36E needs higher deviation or less damage

-Fix the bug where you fire a TV missile, switch to guns, then when you switch to the TV missile it does another reload process (without actually reloading) before you can fire. It's like you never reloaded in the first place.

-Fix the bug where you aim and click at a target with the TV missile, hear the sound, but nothing happens.

-transport time not recorded in EF

-poor hit registration on everything... vehicles, infantry

-Perhaps a stinger at the back of the TV station on sharqi? Or even a Linebacker?

-performance has gotten worse, a guy on totalbf2 did a test and BF2 1.0 runs far better than 1.4

Also, I still hear your mongrel group of people whining about my bunny hopping. It's somewhat good DICE isn't patching BF2 in a sense, since you idiots would probably bitch until all we do is go into control centers and launch nukes at each other.

Last edited by Hurricane (2006-11-02 14:39:48)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6466

Hurricane wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

To say BF2 is fully fixed is to say that the Middle East is at peace. I'm guessing daddy gets the whip out if you badmouth EA and DICE?

-Perhaps a stinger at the back of the TV station on sharqi? Or even a Linebacker?
Perhaps u don't need to say anything more... cuz we don't care!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6711

Hurricane wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

-I heard the USS Essex's missiles are the ones used in jets, which dont track as well as those of the Stinger and IGLA. Replace the Essex's missiles with the Stinger's missiles if this is true.

-Fix the bug where you fire a TV missile, switch to guns, then when you switch to the TV missile it does another reload process (without actually reloading) before you can fire. It's like you never reloaded in the first place.

-Fix the bug where you aim and click at a target with the TV missile, hear the sound, but nothing happens.

-performance has gotten worse, a guy on totalbf2 did a test and BF2 1.0 runs far better than 1.4

Also, I still hear your mongrel group of people whining about my bunny hopping. It's somewhat good DICE isn't patching BF2 in a sense, since you idiots would probably bitch until all we do is go into control centers and launch nukes at each other.
well said, but unfortunately I doubt DICE will bother updating BF2 anymore.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6793|EUR
For fuck sake, the titan now cannot move just because its shields are down? When will they FIX the problem not stop you from doing it.
Viller-Valle
Svensk Tiger
+15|6446|Sweden

straz_mataz wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

Hello Nerf #1 .

No, Bf2142 is not good, should be called Star Wars and Bf2 is not fixed. So STFU yourself.
Hurricane
Banned

rabee2789b wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

Perhaps u don't need to say anything more... cuz we don't care!
I'll say all I want. Evidently the moderation team doesn't have any qualms with it, so I will exercise the freedom of speech that has been granted to me by the mods. IF you don't like it, you can just skip my post.

Or was it my idea for preventing the inevitable Sharqi Mi-28 rape that struck a chord?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6498|Somewhere else

Hurricane wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

I hear ya man. They need to fix the shock paddles too...BUT asking EA to fix something is like asking a surgeon to do surgery with a chainsaw.  They might fix the recognized problem, but fuck up the living hell oughtta something else.  It doesn't crash anymore. ME happy.

still,I do shed a tear for the days when the blackhawk was a sweet ass ride and laying waste to an open field of troops was a shining moment.......
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin

Viller-Valle wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

Hello Nerf #1 .

No, Bf2142 is not good, should be called Star Wars and Bf2 is not fixed. So STFU yourself.
How is it like Star Wars? C'Mon, I wanna hear Why 25% of People think its like Star Wars.
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
straz_mataz
Banned

Hurricane wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

High school dropout?
where does that idea come from?
and no im not a high school drop out
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6855|Dundas, ONT, Canada

straz_mataz wrote:

* Titan will no longer be able to move once its shields are down, so that lag within the titan should be significantly reduced and revive inside the titan shouldn't’t be a problem any more
Lag occurs when titan is moving and when you bring to Titans together, game play is unbearable even on the ground.

P.S. Hurricane you make excellent points about some stuff that needs to addressed in BF2, but this is tread about upcoming patch for BF2142. Most of us do enjoy this release of Battlefield series. Could we please stay o the topic of this thread. Thanks
Viller-Valle
Svensk Tiger
+15|6446|Sweden

DaReJa wrote:

Viller-Valle wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

How is it like Star Wars? C'Mon, I wanna hear Why 25% of People think its like Star Wars.
the titan is hovering, on what? Water? In 140 years we are not gonna have a star fleet that can hover in atmosphere and we are not gonna have a hover tank and not have EMP weapons and a moving two-leg vehicle... It is not realistic enough to be called BF. BF is a series of games that is realistic, BF2142 is not and perhaps it is a good futuristic game, but it is not a Bf game. My opinion of course.

Edit: Not EMP hand-guns.  Of course there are EMP already, but not in the way the game show it. The science isn't that fast.

Last edited by Viller-Valle (2006-11-02 15:05:44)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard