Fadediesel
+15|6433|Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Ok I added another 512 stick of ram to my pc to get 2 gigs, but after i turned my pc on and the load screen did not pop up on my montior.  It was just a black screen and my monitor shut off because of no activity from the computer.  Did i fry my motherboard or is there something wrong with my video card.
DeCon_1
+16|6538|Atlanta, Georga U.S.A.
Remove the 512 stick from your motherboard. The board most likely doesn't support the ram you put in or you have overshot the maximum amount of ram that the motherboard supports.
Fadediesel
The thing is I did take it out and the same thing happened , so it must be the motherboard?

*Edit*  My motherboard has 4 slots so I dont see how it could be too much for it and it is the same ram stick as the others.

Last edited by Fadediesel (2006-11-02 13:00:37)

DeCon_1
Does the computer boot to the BIOS at all or does it just sit there when you turn it on?
Fadediesel
It doesnt do anything, it just starts and there is a black screen, nothing comes up.  Like the screen to enter the bios doesnt even come up.  The monitor then shuts off to inactivity mode because there is nothing going on.

Last edited by Fadediesel (2006-11-02 13:07:04)

DeCon_1
Turn off the computer. Pull out your CMOS battery on the motherboard and leave it out for 15 to 20 seconds. Then reinsert the CMOS battery back onto the motherboard and turn the computer back on. This resets the BIOS and might fix your boot problem.
Fadediesel
My dad is getting a free motherboard with  a 2.8 ghz cpu which is better than my current 2.4, so If i cant fix it then Ill just use the other.
DeCon_1
did you try pulling out the CMOS battery and reinserting it?
Fadediesel
My dad took it with him to work to see what he could do, so I cant do crap right now.  Might as well just use the better motherboard.

Last edited by Fadediesel (2006-11-02 13:16:16)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6654|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Does it bleep when you turn it on at all?
Fadediesel
No, but something was making a weird noise every  like 5 seconds when it wasnt working.  It wasnt a beeping noise though.  It sounded like something tried to start, but it couldnt. The noise went away after I took the new stick of ram out, and the computer still discontinued to work.

Last edited by Fadediesel (2006-11-02 13:31:19)

MECtallica
+73|6522|jalalabad
aids
spud924
+12|6470|The Sticks, WA, USA

MECtallica wrote:

aids

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard