panderiz
+32|6766

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

panderiz wrote:

SGT.Slayero wrote:

what do u think about a Battle Field 2142 expansion pack? maybe with the US ARMY and the titans ary the NAVY? i think that would be awesome! what do u think? what would u want in a 2142 expansion pack.
Are you retarded?

2142 is a mod, for BF2.
Are YOU retarded? You must be if you think BF2142 is a BF2 mod.
Are you serious, its the same fucken engine with the same problems.  Go have a look at some of the mods out there, they have made huge changes to the vanilla BF2.

Did you notice in BF2 there was a game mode component already (insert 2142 here).... and this wonderful *cough* gamemode titans which are the biggest load of shite ever, performance goes to absolute dismal levels for the majority of the playing community.  And the likelyhood of them ever correcting this is little to fucken none.

Also, how can you even consider a expansion before the geniuses at EA have a crack at fixing the MAJOR bugs that they released first off.  Hence ea will no doubt release 1.02 after months, then 2 days later releasing a patch for that patch because unknowingly the titans fall out of the sky if too many people are on them.

2142 is a mod, new models, maps, a few cosmetic changes and and thats about it.

I'd love to hear of these major differences between the 2 that could make you possibly consider it not a mod!

Last edited by panderiz (2006-11-01 19:47:52)

beerface702
+65|6692|las vegas
the titan runs great on my system

i mean the usual bf catching on the walls is still there, but its very playable, unless someone moves it while shields are down

then yes it gets a bit laggy

titan is fun
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6567

tefI0n wrote:

You miss the point of mods. Actually, a game is a mod if it's based on, or entirely ripped from the engine of another game. HL2 uses the Source engine, which has much better physics and true 3d.

WCIII uses real 3D, Warcraft I did not.

AoE III, I haven't played, but the AI engine was changed from AoE I to AoE II to significantly change it, and the graphics were entirely redone.

Every game is based on another game, sure. But when an engine is based on another engine insofar as stealing significant amounts of code from it, then one of two things happen....

A) If it is not the same company producing the new game as the old game, and the company does not own the rights to the engine, that is Intellectual Property Theft, which is so incredibly fined you wouldn't even believe it.

B) If it is the same company, that game is a mod.

And to retort your statement on BF2 being a 1942 mod, the models and physics were a significant enough change. Please reference screenshots from 1942 to BF2, and then BF2 to 2142.

If no one told you about 2142 being an official release, you could be led to believe it's a mod.

Yes, BF2142 is a mod. It is a professionally redesigned BF2 with different bells and whistles. Please get over it. It may not be particularly innovative, but it is not lacking as a game because of it.
Unfortunately the guy is right. 2142 is a commercial modification of BF2 with new maps, vehicles, soldiers & weapons. All the changes could be patched into BF2.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

panderiz wrote:

panderiz wrote:

Are you retarded?

2142 is a mod, for BF2.
Are you serious, its the same fucken engine with the same problems.  Go have a look at some of the mods out there, they have made huge changes to the vanilla BF2.

Did you notice in BF2 there was a game mode component already (insert 2142 here).... and this wonderful *cough* gamemode titans which are the biggest load of shite ever, performance goes to absolute dismal levels for the majority of the playing community.  And the likelyhood of them ever correcting this is little to fucken none.

Also, how can you even consider a expansion before the geniuses at EA have a crack at fixing the MAJOR bugs that they released first off.  Hence ea will no doubt release 1.02 after months, then 2 days later releasing a patch for that patch because unknowingly the titans fall out of the sky if too many people are on them.

I'd love to hear of these major differences between the 2 that could make you possibly consider it not a mod!
So why don't you complain that CS was a mod of half-life and half-life was a mod of quake... by your logic red orchestra is just a mod for unreal... same engine and different game doesn't always mean a mod.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SGT.Slayero
+98|6464|Life in a vacuum sucks

panderiz wrote:

SGT.Slayero wrote:

what do u think about a Battle Field 2142 expansion pack? maybe with the US ARMY and the titans ary the NAVY? i think that would be awesome! what do u think? what would u want in a 2142 expansion pack.
Are you retarded?

2142 is a mod, for BF2.
i know that duh! doesn't everyone
panderiz
+32|6766

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

panderiz wrote:

So why don't you complain that CS was a mod of half-life and half-life was a mod of quake... by your logic red orchestra is just a mod for unreal... same engine and different game doesn't always mean a mod.
CS = free, CS is a mod, why would I complain that CS was a mod, thats my point....

I'm not saying it is the same in all cases!

BF2142 could have been a expansion/mod whatever to BF2 plain and simple. Add a game mode, a buddy list, some tweaks and done.  They have not done hardly enough to warrant a fully priced separate game, that will be gauranteed to be plagued with as many problems as BF2, as is already appearing.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6448

panderiz wrote:

panderiz wrote:

Are you retarded?

2142 is a mod, for BF2.

ok ok... mod or not.. do ppl care??? the answer is nooo, expect ppl who dont want to start from the begining to get the new ranks ect.. or ppl who cant get the game!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard