Which is more irritating ;

A12 Enforcer Sentry Gun34%34% - 34
APM (Claymore)41%41% - 41
RDX DemoPak (C7)14%14% - 14
Titan Defense Turrets (preventing Aircraft to land)9%9% - 9
Total: 98
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6839|Belgium
Which one is the most irritating when you enter the enemy Titan through the Upper Deck 'vents' (or whatever they're called) ?

For me personally it's the Sentry Gun..
If you're careful enough, you can avoid getting blown by the APM's by proning and moving slowly right after you fell down the 'vent'.
(+ I'm a recon [RDX Demo Pack] whore on the Titan ^_^ )

Just curious what other people think :-)..

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2006-11-02 04:16:02)

tool03
+5|6549|Japan Owki
I'm with you, those sentry guns drive me nuts; even if they are easy to take out.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6512|Gogledd Cymru

if you charge straight at the sentry guns they dont have time to lock on , many a time i have run straight past them using speed rather than trying to hide behind the crappy walls, i personally think c7 is the worst because the apm's dont always work
Master*
Banned
+416|6517|United States
gaymores
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6590|NYC / Hamburg

i love the senetry guns. they have given me so many kills
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6645|Little Bentcock
sentry guns
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6664|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Masterstyle wrote:

gaymores
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6560|Chicago
I'd say my annoyance is tied beween "gaymores" and those damn sentry guns. Both are incredibly annoying, and I've probably been fucked over equal times by them.
jsnipy
+3,276|6545|...

tasty apms .... hate being on the receiving end of them ... they say "You do no have the right to be here in this spot"
Zukabazuka
+23|6708
Those damn APMs, can't be destroyed by nades and only by sniper rifle but, who the hell goes around with a sniper rifle and shoot them down inside a titan?

Those sentry guns are getting anoying don't get killed so much but they shoot through walls so you really don't know if you will be hurt or not.
Pipo-de-coma
+1|6660|Ede, Netherlands
what about a hovering attackchopper at the back of a titan. If the pilot and gunner know what they doing then you have a serious problem.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6411|New York
the claymores suck.

however, they arent so bad if you're an engineer and have that gadget that disables explosives from a distance. i've saved my ass about 10 times with that thing.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Chou
+737|6813
The reason I never play on FF servers are for these retarded sentry guns, they kill everything around you including your own team.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6759

Knife. I love running down the vents killing all those that don't pay attention with my trusty knife.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6667|Malibu

Chou wrote:

The reason I never play on FF servers are for these retarded sentry guns, they kill everything around you including your own team.
I have seen that happen way to many times.
Badcomp
+2|6811|U.S.

Pipo-de-coma wrote:

what about a hovering attackchopper at the back of a titan. If the pilot and gunner know what they doing then you have a serious problem.
Better have your attack chopper in the air to handle them then!
Pipo-de-coma
+1|6660|Ede, Netherlands

Bernadictus wrote:

Knife. I love running down the vents killing all those that don't pay attention with my trusty knife.
you must die alot then
Chou
+737|6813

Bernadictus wrote:

That's "The most irritating Titan 'defense' tool?"

StormEye wrote:

Chou wrote:

I have seen that happen way to many times.
It gets annoying when some retard puts it down half way the corridor so you can't walk in front of it anymore if you want to run outside.
I can't count howmany times I died from these sentry guns so that was the end for FF servers for me.

Last edited by Chou (2006-11-02 06:02:20)

LionEyez
+4|6643
Claymores suck since the guy who put them there can actually be covering the same corridor from a different angle while having two explosives in place. That's excellent coverage against a (small) number of attackers.

As for RDX, i hate that more. To think that someone is actually waiting for you to pod onto their titan and fall through that hatch. It's pure camping, and most of the time you simply don't stand any kind of chance at all, unless they placed the RDX in the open

Piece of advice to people: Like Heggs said, Unlock the AE Diffuser and attack the titan as an engineer. You may not have the strongest weapon against infantry (the SMG) but the fact that you're able to remove visible pieces of explosives is invaluable. Note though that the range on this device is crappy, and that you *will* not be able to diffuse a claymore placed in the middle of a corridor if and when its being guarded by someone, but otherwise it's more useful than people give it credit for.
Pipo-de-coma
+1|6660|Ede, Netherlands

Chou wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

That's "The most irritating Titan 'defense' tool?"
attackchopper is a tool right?

if not then i will vote for APM
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6678|UK
sentry guns get right on my tits, to combat this they should have just place a fuck off great big anti, attack the titan gun in the middle of the cargo bay, the damn things shoot thru walls, and banned the sentry guns from the titan, rdx and claymores are ok, as its all about team work, just take a guy with a diffuser... you can combat the guuns by running right at them fast but due to the amout of lagg its not always possible,, i tend to run at them with a claymore in my handstry to jump over it, and place the claymore behind it, so wen it finally get shot out there is a chanch that the guy behind you can make it thru.....
Kontrolfreq
+50|6627|Cambridge UK
I die a lot from the sentry guns, thats annoying. But then i make up for it by spamming APMs in the console corridors... 20 kill streak ftw!

Last edited by Kontrolfreq (2006-11-02 06:07:42)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6411|New York
adding to lioneyez (and not contradicting):

the engineer smg is not weak, just limited. three clips kind of sucks, and you have to get fairly close to kill. however, you can get two kills per clip, and if you have a support around, it becomes a non-issue. after getting used to it, it has become my weapon of choice.

Last edited by heggs (2006-11-02 06:14:25)

Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6491
sentries more irritating then gaymores? wow people suck. I would have said the sentries (which I use alot when defending which I do in 75%  of titan rounds) if more people used the defusser unlock. But I am just glad that you can kill them with RDX unlike in BF2.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6520

heggs wrote:

the engineer smg is not weak, just limited. three clips kind of sucks.
one of the unlocks gives the engy an extra clip

attack a titan as engineer? i've taken out consols and the core with the pilum, used the diffuser, and as a bonus the emp landmines work like the grenade.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard