beerface702
+65|6701|las vegas
well would you?

discuss

* we all know the draft wont be started, this is just for fun
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6486|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Fuck that, I'm already on DEP. (Delayed Entry Program - I promise them I'm joining, I get the job of my choice) for USMC
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6775
If it ever came to having to defend my country from a direct attack/invasion... I would not need a draft!
beerface702
+65|6701|las vegas
ok

but im talking the draft

and congrat's i hope the service does better for you then it did for me when i was younger
jmc514
+4|6471|Boston, MA
Oh Canada...

I can see the point of serving one's country, but I don't see how I could fight in a war I've disagreed with since it began. Plus I'm already going to university up here in Montreal, so it would really be quite easy where I already have a Canadian visa for 3 years.
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6448|A drop house
No i would not dodge the draft ....Hopefully there will not be a draft but if there is, Iraq here I come!
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6654|Peoria
I would dodge a draft to send me overseas, but I honestly wouldn't need to be drafted to defend america from a direct invasion. A draft is pointless, conscripted soldiers have no purpose or will to fight.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6537|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia
Being a country boy if Australia was invaded I would defend this country to my last drop of blood.

However I would dodge a draft because if a draft was introduced it would only be introduced by the current government as a means to boost our numbers in Afghanistan and Iraq, two wars that I personally don't believe in and don't think Australia has any place in.

The Australian Defence Force doesn't do much defending anymore, mostly just attacking.
PRiMACORD
+190|6633|Home of the Escalade Herds
Depends on the threat.

Serious = Yes
Iraq = Fuck No

Killer bees scare me more then terrorists.
Reciprocity
+721|6588|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I would probably go along with a draft.  depends on the reason.  I'm an automotive tech now so that's probably what I'd be doing in the service if my fucked up feet didn't disqualify me.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6660|pimelteror.de
there are many ways to be sent to war. are you defending your loved ones, or economical interests of the governmental lobby? are you attacking someone, or is someone knocking on your door?

only because some people think, they have to waste the lives of young men and women for their abstract interests - you don´t have to proof being a man and die for mr.bush...
beerface702
+65|6701|las vegas
im thinking more on the line's of war with iran, iraq still on the sidelines, possibly pakaistan or syria at the same time

and china mixed in the bunch

this is only a ficntional situation, the chance's of all of that happening in another 3rd world war are pretty slim. but not impossible in today's climate

me i wouldnt dodge, im not saying i would be all jolly to go die in battle, but i would serve my country

and i support our effort's in iraq
beerface702
+65|6701|las vegas
im drunk
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6702|The Ville
http://www.italconsdetroit.org/marriage … _draft.htm

I found this. I would'nt volunteer but I wouldn't dodge the the draft.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
Link for the draft?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
PRiMACORD
+190|6633|Home of the Escalade Herds

beerface702 wrote:

im thinking more on the line's of war with iran, iraq still on the sidelines, possibly pakaistan or syria at the same time
Yes lets go to war with Pakistan, it's not like they helped prevent the london airplane bombings.

Sigh
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6556|San Diego, CA, USA
We need another war, I'm bored.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

TeamZephyr wrote:

Being a country boy if Australia was invaded I would defend this country to my last drop of blood.

However I would dodge a draft because if a draft was introduced it would only be introduced by the current government as a means to boost our numbers in Afghanistan and Iraq, two wars that I personally don't believe in and don't think Australia has any place in.

The Australian Defence Force doesn't do much defending anymore, mostly just attacking.
Ever thought that when you are fighting a war, it is best fought when YOU are on the offensive and not the defensive? It makes no sense for you to say that you would fight on your own soil, but would not fight to keep from having to.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

PRiMACORD wrote:

beerface702 wrote:

Yes lets go to war with Pakistan, it's not like they helped prevent the london airplane bombings.

Sigh
Kinda boggles the mind sometimes don't it, PRiMACORD??
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6672|NT, like Mick Dundee

If the Australian government introduced it I wouldn't bother dodging it. Might not even wait for them to come knocking, just go and volunteer.

If Australia faced a serious threat they wouldn't need to draft me. I'd be there as quick as possible.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6829|Delaware
No. Although I don't agree that it would be necessary, I wouldn't dodge it.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6775

lowing wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Ever thought that when you are fighting a war, it is best fought when YOU are on the offensive and not the defensive? It makes no sense for you to say that you would fight on your own soil, but would not fight to keep from having to.
Like a preemptive war started on hand picked and faulty intelligence?
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6537|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

lowing wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Sorry I don't believe in invading other countries and putting their citizens in danger just so my country's citizens can avoid it.

The logic that you try and put forth there is the exact reason that many of the world's problems exist and SHOCK one of the main reasons that people don't like America. Jumping at shadows and destroying other countries just so YOU can feel safe is NO JUSTIFICATION FOR WAR.

As mentioned in the post before I will defend Australia to the death, but not to the extent in which I would invade another country and put their citizens in danger, the cost of life does not change from nation from nation.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6663|Lancaster Ohio, USA
If there's a draft and they call me I will go immediatley, toss me a M249 and let's go have some fun. I'm in college now but I would drop out if my country called on me. Although I think they would skip me because I had already tried to join but they rejected me due to a back injury I sustained during my senior year of high school and that sucks.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6660|pimelteror.de
is it valor, that let you be the first to die for someone elses interests - or is it dumbness?
are you really serving your country?

as long as i don´t know AND understand, what i should fight for - i won´t risk to kill people and maybe get killed.

don´t get flashbanged by your patriotism!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard