siriam
+0|6741
Please help!

Got the following msg.

"You have been kicked via Punkbuster. (for 0 minutes) ...

Restriction : Inadequate O/S Privileges"

I Disabled then removed all virus protection (Panda,AVG Spy Sweeper).... after I did a thorough test and sweep (even in Safe Mode) ...  THEN UNINSTALLED ALL OF THEM . Let Windows accept all cookies and Popups Disabled Windows Firewall. Ran HijackThis - found nothing unusual - Re- installed Battlefield and S/F and then the Patch - STILL NO LUCK !!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP !!!

SIRIAM

https://bf2s.com/player/49318796/awards.jpg
Deadlast
+0|6798
You got pwned. Sorry I can't be of any more help. lol
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6744
1. What OS are you using?
2. Are you administrator on your system?
siriam
+0|6741
"Pwned"??? You mean someone used my original code? Sorry for the ignorance!
siriam
+0|6741
WIN XP - Just a ordinary user on SAIX - its a South African Server ... Runs 4 Games Servers for Battlefield only - Also the supplier of about 10 million internet lines in South Africa only "-= SGS" They are normally quite jacked up and very few of us have problems - try to post , but they are of no help - been playing with no problems for 2 months!
kn0ckahh
+98|6762|netherlands, sweet lake city
I know  you dont have admin right on your pc    just let the owner of the pc giv e you admin rights and you will be able to play
siriam
+0|6741
Hey it's my own PC - I am sitting at home and no-one touches it but me - will it help if I log on as Administrator - what can I change and what is causing the problem - I had a worm (Vundu Trojan) a couple of days ago - got rid of it with a lot of efford but I am clean- at least accordinf to Spy Sweeprt, Panda, AGV - also my logfile is clear according to Hijack this - I am really stumped on this . Even with the infecton I was able to play - seems that since the removal I am having trouble - plz don't tell me to reinstall 200 Gig - My Backup (also 200 gig ) is FULL!!!) Do you know whit is causing the problem or how I might be able to rectify this!???
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6844
Yes, try running the game using the primary administrator log on. Let us know.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-12-18 06:09:49)

siriam
+0|6741
I am logged on as Administrator - I created no other accounts - not even Guest ... as I was saying no-one in the house are allowed to touch the PC - they have their own seperate network.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6844
Have you tried joining another server? Besides the one you frequent.
siriam
+0|6741
Our connection Speed sucks - SAICS have a monopoly - so normally the Ping is very high anywhere else- will give it a go and also try a unranked server - hold on 5 mins plz.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6844
Well this was all I could find on the punkbuster web site, so you may still have something blocking PB:

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/VX2Finder(126).exe

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

Press 'Guardian.reg'.
Press 'User Agent'.
Press 'Restore Policy'.

Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.
If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button

Note: The link above needs to be copy & pasted into your browser, forum doesn't link to executables, its safe though.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-12-18 06:32:21)

siriam
+0|6741
Ok Tried some other servers as well - Ranked and unranked - same messg. Running out of ideas. I remember faintly Panda Antivirus preventing a port connection from Battlefield to be accessed for 10 minutes - I subsequently uninstalled Panda - do you think that effect might be still in effect? That was about 4 hours ago?
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6844
Yes, maybe. Closing a port is like locking a door, even if you shut the firewall off or uninstall it, the port is still 'locked' in a sense. Have you rebooted after the install? If not, try that.

Have you read the post above yours and tried that? You mentioned you had a trojan, that could be related to disabling your privalges.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-12-18 06:41:03)

siriam
+0|6741
Hey only got that mesg now - will try - thanks for the help so far - will give it a go!!!
siriam
+0|6741
Yea rebooted and re-installed BF,SP and Patch - about 15 times LOL
siriam
+0|6741
Hey seems the vx2.BetterInternet info worked !!! I didn't have any nasties but it seemed to reset or "open the port door that was shut". Weird things these puters - sometimes I think my wife is easier to understand although she will give it a good go!!! I am REALLY grateful. You did your good deed for the day - now get off this forum and go Bully someone in Mashpatatoe City!!!

Regards

SIRIAM
TC><Injecter
+4|6852|Berlin, Germany
PunkBuster needs admin-rights!!!! You have to give your user admin-rights or move him to the usergroup : mainusers
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6844
Have fun!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard