OmniDeath
~
+726|6635

How do I get a disc out of a disc drive without power. I read that you should stick a straightened paperclip into the pin hole in the front of the drive and then pull it out, but how do you pull it out? It didnt make sense. Anyway, my psu fried in my desktop but my bf disc is in the drive but no power so I cant get it out to play on my laptop.  Help would be nice.

NEVERMIND, just got it....*sigh* can a mod delete this thread?

Last edited by Omnideath (2006-11-01 18:59:26)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6624|USA
Ive used a screw driver. or two paper clips to pop the side.  can you pop the case and extract the CD drive. if so. then yea. just use a screw driver. if not. then use your paper clips.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6640
had the same problem. the paper clip thingy wont work w/o power me thinks. i just took a letter openeer and pryed her open
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6689

silly.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6797|The planet Tophet
can you use a screw driver and pull the tray out? or is it stuck in the comp?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6635

i figured it out, you put a paper clip into the pin hole and then hook another one under the drive and it opens right up without damaging it, as opposed to just prying it open. thanks though guys.
DeCon_1
+16|6511|Atlanta, Georga U.S.A.
Hey was this in your new machine by any chance?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6635

DeCon_1 wrote:

Hey was this in your new machine by any chance?
lol, no. that machine is for my bro, and i dont even have the parts yet. should be here in a few days. my own pc however fried the psu (i think) and i had to order a new one. im also getting that case which will be for me. those fans better help prevent friying anything again lol.

Last edited by Omnideath (2006-11-01 19:07:53)

Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6662
Most comps / cd's comp with a pin for this, if not a paper clip will work.

It unlocks the drive and will push it out enough to grab it and pull it out.

Will not hurt the drive.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6541|Reading, Basingrad
C4
Hornet141
+1|6394|Missouri, USA

Dieselboy wrote:

C4
That would do the job wonderfully.

I was going to tell you to use the paper-clip and push it into that little hole underneath the drive door but you already figured it out. Now go buy a new drive!
OmniDeath
~
+726|6635

i dont need a new drive. there just wasnt a psu i could hook it to to get it open.
FriiginChomper
+41|6692

Omnideath wrote:

i figured it out, you put a paper clip into the pin hole and then hook another one under the drive and it opens right up without damaging it, as opposed to just prying it open. thanks though guys.
i do that all the time, it works good for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard