Announcement

.|microphage
Member
+4|5968|Vancouver, BC
anyone getting the same jerky lag from bf2? well i am. i'm starting to think my comp sucks.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|5775|canada
i get lag real bad from time 2 time

wut ur system specs?
Rubix-Cubes
Member
+123|5991|UK
yes yes yes, and no, do you mean the jerky movment, not like lagg wen the ound carries on and you like go backwards, all i get now is say, i get ina jeep fuck of down the raod, and hit a tree cuz the game freezes for about2 secs, but behind my freeze the gam is actually still applying my commands
i_dun_nV_u
Member
+6|5732
lol, that is rather interesting... still applying the commands. anyways 2142 is slightly similar to bf2 in terms of optimisation i reckon, so expect the same kind of lag.

but the lag you might be geting is due to the server >_<
Dogfood Enforcer
Member
+4|5999
i get lag sometimes.

like ill be prone, then press the button to get up and run...the soldier stands up...then hits the floor again. sometimes happens 3-4 times in a row. also, when driving an apc, ill be heading down the road...then all of a sudden im 50m BACK from where i came...

i had to drive the same stretch of road 3 times one time.lol
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|5897|Southampton, UK

EA have screwed 2142 in the past 20 minutes. It take 6 or 7 minutes to now log in to your account.
Then a further 3-4 minutes to load up server...
Hopefully will be fixed soon...
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6044
I think there might be more lag in 2142, but it is hard to mesure.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|5885|UK

Cough TITAN 8-)
Salgurdar
Member
+6|5725|Melbourne, Australia
The jerkiness you experience on a titan has nothing to do with lag. The physics gets all screwed up when it's moving, because your avatar isn't anchored to the titan, it's anchored to the ground below. Just like when you jump on a vehicle and it moves, you slide off unless you manage to "wedge" yourself somewhere. The difference is, your position relative to the titan is updated every half second or so. So you tend to get that jerky movement. It also affects corpses, sentry drones and 'nades. Watch them slide along the floor as the titan moves, due to their anchor points on the ground below. The only things I've noticed are immune to this are resupply crates, med crates and peronal barriers. They manage somehow to remain in place. I guess they "attach" themselves to whatever horizontal surface they're thrown on to. No idea why the sentry gun isn't the same as them though, I guess because it has moving parts or something, and the other items, once fully deployed, are static.

(At least, that's my guesstamation of the problem)

Last edited by Salgurdar (2006-11-01 13:33:21)

.|microphage
Member
+4|5968|Vancouver, BC
no it's wierd lag. Like it's not my graphics or what not cause i constantly get 60 fps. It when something happens like when i rex someone it lags for a micro second and when i try to knife someone i lag another microsecond. Then sometimes randomly i lag for half a second but this is a conquest map with no titan. Titan lag is where you can't see where you're going. But my lag is like everything freezes like a screen shot. It's annoying especially when i see someone and i fire and then i lag and i find myself on the floor

Comp specs:
6600 GT OC'd 128
2gb ram
3ghz P4 processor
1.5 MB connection
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|5775|canada

.|microphage wrote:

no it's wierd lag. Like it's not my graphics or what not cause i constantly get 60 fps. It when something happens like when i rex someone it lags for a micro second and when i try to knife someone i lag another microsecond. Then sometimes randomly i lag for half a second but this is a conquest map with no titan. Titan lag is where you can't see where you're going. But my lag is like everything freezes like a screen shot. It's annoying especially when i see someone and i fire and then i lag and i find myself on the floor

Comp specs:
6600 GT OC'd 128
2gb ram
3ghz P4 processor
1.5 MB connection
you have almost my exact specs (includin vid card) xcept for the processor mines amd and its only 2.4ghz
tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|5733|Kalamazoo, MI

.|microphage wrote:

anyone getting the same jerky lag from bf2? well i am. i'm starting to think my comp sucks.
This is the 2142 forum.

GTFO n00b.

INFERNO552 wrote:

.|microphage wrote:

no it's wierd lag. Like it's not my graphics or what not cause i constantly get 60 fps. It when something happens like when i rex someone it lags for a micro second and when i try to knife someone i lag another microsecond. Then sometimes randomly i lag for half a second but this is a conquest map with no titan. Titan lag is where you can't see where you're going. But my lag is like everything freezes like a screen shot. It's annoying especially when i see someone and i fire and then i lag and i find myself on the floor

Comp specs:
6600 GT OC'd 128
2gb ram
3ghz P4 processor
1.5 MB connection
you have almost my exact specs (includin vid card) xcept for the processor mines amd and its only 2.4ghz
An AMD64 3800+ will pwn a P4 anything, any day. Bank on that. And OP, if your frame counter is always at 60, it's definitely not your system.

Last edited by tefI0n (2006-11-01 21:59:00)

.|microphage
Member
+4|5968|Vancouver, BC
yea but inferno do you lag at all? not including titan maps.
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6027|England
I get a sticky key type of lag. I would press a button and it wouldnt respond for 4 seconds, this happens all the time and on the titan it's even worse, I get 15fps and a constant 4 second delay from when I press any keys.
I've got a 7600gt, 3500+ cpu and 2gigs of ram and I can run Bf2 all maxed out with no problems. Wouldn't of thought a game built on the same game engine as Bf2  could be so much more laggy.
D34TH_D34L3R
Member
+48|6152|Belgium
For me the 'Titan Lag' is the worst..
But not always due to the moving Titan..
Most of the time it's just because too many people are doing too many things at the same time on a small part of the map.. Especially with those damn Sentry Drones..
Pipo-de-coma
Member
+1|5973|Ede, Netherlands
i recon it has also got something to do with the masterserver. Yesterday the server had some issues and if you were lucky to join a server to play on it was laggy as hell.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard