vtncus
+0|6576
My friend claims he got TWICE, 500 points at once, with one action defending / attacking the titan.
is that possible?

Here is one story he told me:
He was attacking the titan, him and another 10 people, there was 1 console left, so the whole gang was defending that console, he popped a 'nade on the corridor and killed like 3 dudes, so he got the 500 Points Titan Attack...

And then he said it happened again....

Is that possible? Have any ever heard of that?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6532|British Columbia, Canada
Stat padder.
vtncus
+0|6576
ok but how?
MECtallica
+73|6474|jalalabad

wrote:

And then he said it happened again....
And again, and again

and again and again and again
and again
and again
vtncus
+0|6576
nah, just twice and never again....
47man
+46|6393|Cali
Well... i suppose it could happen twice, if one's stats were to not show up for a round, they could(in theory, mind you) receive that badge twice. Other than that, your friend is full of shit.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.
there are problems with stats servers so people get an award more than once. im not sure if it would actually count both times though.
vtncus
+0|6576
well he said it happened twice in 2 different games. pretty much the same story
47man
+46|6393|Cali
They do count more than once, today I received my basic titan commander for the third time... I'm not complaining.

Edit: hit the wrong quote button.

Last edited by 47man (2006-11-01 20:12:27)

.|microphage
+4|6602|Vancouver, BC
hmmm...might've been all teh awards he won over and over again lol...happened to me but i'm happy with 400 points
LT.Victim
+1,175|6532|British Columbia, Canada
So he got a award that was worth 500 points..

His stats didn't upload yet.

Played another game got the reward again, and another 500 points.
vtncus
+0|6576
and, i know how many hours he plays, there is no way he is around 2800 points... so that 500 points story is plausible
vtncus
+0|6576

LT.Victim wrote:

that makes sense... but isnt 500 points in 1 round toooo much ?
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6725|United States of America

vtncus wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

It went towards career points not score.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6675|Antarctica
omg h4x report for che4ting z0mg!!1!!!!!!11!@one!1!
Dnamaster
+0|6780|Canada
i have gotten my vet recon badge 2X and i got the 500 points both times.
.|microphage
+4|6602|Vancouver, BC
500 points = vetern knife badge. Easy. or you can go for War College and get 2000 points
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6496|Singapore
hmm....

2 x titan destructor badge
tons of titan defense badge
and some other awards?
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6643|Houston, Texas

vtncus wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Well gold is worth 1000.
thefousteph
+8|6701
gold is a 1000???? i got one yesterday and didn't see the 1000 points added.....
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6560|Your attic
This sort of thing happens all the time, so here goes.

How to get your badges twice (or atleast how it's worked for me twice)

It's a lot easier to do these kind of things for the kit badges or ones that only require a certain amount of kills in a round, preferably as few as 10

Fulfil the Global requirements
Find a server which seems to be balanced, IE long rounds.
Go into a server and wait until the start of a round to use the kit/weapon in question
Once the round starts kill the set amount of people as quickly as possible
Once you have done that you should get your first badge hurray beer for you.
Now log straight out, this next part is mostly dependant on luck, but if you picked the right server the first time it's fairly guaranteed
Log back into another server, again if you are lucky you will find a server that is near the start of the round
Get the same amount of kills with the weapon/kit that you did before, if you are lucky you'll get the award and points again.

How it works:

When you get an award the game automatically awards you those points, but it does not add the actual award to your stats until the end of the round when the server flings all the data back to EA where it is all stored (this is actually quite quick, even if it doesn't show up in your BFHQ), if you can do it quick enough both servers will still think that you are eligible for the award and once you fill the in a round requirements it will award it to you again. I'm sure if you where insanely lucky you could get it a third time, this is however different to the duplication that can sometimes happen on it's own within long time spans.

Anyway, happy times, if anyone else can 100% confirm this I'd be grateful.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6648|In You Endo- Stoke

thefousteph wrote:

gold is a 1000???? i got one yesterday and didn't see the 1000 points added.....
I haven't seen that anywhere i got a silver the other day no 500 points, are you sure?
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6702|Germany, near Koblenz
What I read about the "private bug" is, that you sometimes really get the career points again, but other times you won't get any points recorded at all! So playing as an private seems to be pure gambling.
AoWs-Avantek
+3|6381|New York
Yes you have to be on the losing team defend the titan when your shields are down than wait until enemys shields are down attack them and boom 2 awards. I almost have done this but the round ended.
DrM
+33|6591

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

thefousteph wrote:

I haven't seen that anywhere i got a silver the other day no 500 points, are you sure?
They are not talking about gold, silver or bronze medals that are awarded to the top three players at the end of each round.
They meant the basic, veteran, and expert [that happen to be coloured, bronze, silver and gold] badges that you can get with time and then kill requirements.

DrM

Last edited by DrM (2006-11-07 10:32:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard