Poll

Do you find it easy to kill with the "TV missiles".

Yes, I find it easy; I like the new controlling method.14%14% - 22
Yes, I find it easy.9%9% - 15
I could learn.22%22% - 34
I could learn, I dont like the controlling method.21%21% - 32
I find it hard, its way to sensitive.32%32% - 49
Total: 152
Zukabazuka
+23|6656
Those damn missiles starts shaking a lot, at least it should be reduced.
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6630|SLC, Utah, USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

Tushers wrote:

well its almost done 67% then i amn playing it all night long
Save your time.  2142 sucks ass.
Would you guys stop "contributing" to topics by one line about how the game sucks?  It really ticks me off!

As for the TV missile, I have yet to find anyone using it well.  I find it not too hard, but I never gun.  I seem to be of the minority that can fly these gunships (and choppers, in BF2) very well, so I always HAVE to fly.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6505|Edmonton Alberta
any nub can fly a gunship in 2142..... but it takes an expert to actually hit something with the missles consistantly
i think i have taken down maybe two tanks and an apc  with them in total
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6565|Iceland
I sometimes HIT tanks and APCs but NO! they need two shots, not like it isint hard enough to control 2 shot but 2.... fuck off.

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-11-01 16:08:59)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6634|under there hayousaidunderwear
I am  teh ownz with them.  They are pretty weak though.  My pilot (stalker2200) always gets all the kills cuz the tv missle wont kill a tank in one shot to the front of it.

add me if your a good pilot: Major-Assault
Zefar
+116|6620|Sweden
I find it hard to controll during online play. I havn't tried it single player because the maps are a bit to small or it's because I havn't played it at all. To busy owning people in online play. :3

The BF2 TV missle was easier to controll and I got kills with it pretty easy. The one in BF2142 makes 90 degree turn in a light touch.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6562|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
I love them.
copyboy
+0|6359|Sea. | WA.
It's tough trying to get used to the sensitivity. I'm not sure it's something I'll ever get the hang of.

I did have one 'hell yeah' moment. There was an air transport directly in front of us, I was a aim a little low, but figured I'd give it a shot, and hit. I was pretty surprised, but I'm sure if the pilot had made one move, I'd have missed.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6686|MoVal, Southern California
yeah, the controls are hard to get used to. I got lucky once when i shot down a transport helo filled with 5 guys. Other than that, i find myself saying, "OMG WTF BBQ?!?!1" when i can't hit anything in front of me when i fire the tv missile.
eagles1106
+269|6555|Marlton, New Jersey.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Tushers wrote:

Exactly.
Volatile
+252|6675|Sextupling in Empire

eagles1106 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Tushers wrote:

Exactly.
When are the kiddies gonna stop coming to this forum with useless comments such as these? Nobody cares that you suck ass at this game, so STFU!
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6666|South Africa

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

When are the kiddies gonna stop coming to this forum with useless comments such as these? Nobody cares that you suck ass at this game, so STFU!
QFT

Anyways, WRT the 2142 TV missile, i like the fact that not anyone can kill with it.
However i've seen buggies not blow up from direct hits. It is pretty effective against infantry tho
It normally takes 1 TV missile AND 4-6 Missiles to take a tank out (depending on where you hit the tank)

So my main complaint about it is damage. It should kill tanks and APC's 1 shot and do 90% damage to walkers
Sambuccashake
+126|6581|Sweden
I don't think they are hard to manouver, you should pretty much only steer them during the first seconds
before it picks up speed. After that you just geeently nudge it where you need it to go.

But the damage is too low.
I tried it out in Single Player last night and the tanks do not blow up in one hit.
.|microphage
+4|6604|Vancouver, BC
i've killed a few mechs and armour with it. all you ahve to do is let it fly, then when it's about to reach the target move your mouse cause the intial movement is really minor compared to like 2 seconds after to the point where you cant control it. basically the pilot need to help you line up the shot. I think DICE made is harder so then you can hit a target from the side.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6644|Houston, Texas
The controling method learning curve is one thing. I don't enjoy just how fast the missles go after a certain point, that makes lining up on a moving target impossible in some scenarios..
beerface702
+65|6664|las vegas
i admit they take a new degree of skill, few have found yet

it's a bitch to hit anything with it, i got lucky so far and have hit 2 items with the tv

a mech, destroyed and a turrent on a titan

that is it

pretty much line it up before it goes the speed of light, then let it cruise into the target with very slight hand motion adjustment's

sounds easy, but it's really not
Bernadictus
+1,055|6708

This might sound silly, but are they controllable with keyboard? I haven't tried them out yet to be honest.

I do now that they follow you mouse gestures instead of clicking on target.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard