Octavarium
+1|6709
Good post nating75

My K/D went up dramatically when I stopped playing like it was CS:S and started to be sneaky!!
warco3
+1|6727|Orlando, FL
Have you ever thought about the fact that it really wasn't a 1 shot death for you? What is your average ping? Think about the rate of fire for some of the full auto weapons. Also think about the fact that when someone goes prone or rolls it may LOOK like they're not shooting you but they ARE. What you think is 1 shot may actually be 3 or 4 in rapid succession. Do some further examination, check your ping, and observe EXACTLY what your enemy does in those 1 hit death situations you claim to have. Trust me because it happens to me every once in a while and I realized what you see the enemy do is different from his point of view. It will almost always happen when you play a non armor kit as well. I'm willing to bet money things aren't what they seem to you.
Sud
+0|6746
Hey here is a new and interesting slant that nobody's offered up as of yet.

I recently came up with a nifty new way to jump from the rooftop to the building overlooking hotel on Karkand (not the one on bf2secrets, it's even easier and less risky than that one). I was taking a fraps movie of this technique in single player.

I had bots in the game, and they were on easy. At one point, I had to fight my way through square to get to that building. I was taking fire, but it wasn't too bad. I only took like 2/3rd of my total health bar before pulling out my medkit and just going into the building.

Upon watching the replay in spectator mode, I noticed something VERY odd. I was taking hits from bullets left right and center. These hits I was watching with disbelief "I never remember taking that many hits!". To the observer, it looked like I was hacking, I took so many shots.

The only explanation for this might be that bots do reduced damage in easy mode, which was what they were on, but I do remember the bots killing me on some occasions very quickly, so I'm not sure if that's the truth. Literally though, it looked like I took 20-30 bullets, all "FWAP"ing on my player model, but me swearing that I hadn't taken a single hit.

It could not be lag - bots don't lag. What it looked like was a bug, a bug which was causing me to take damage at only some intervals.

I will investigate further and see what I can find. If anyone can tell me whether or not bots do lessened damage on easy, it would be appreciated.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6707|Wilmington, DE, US
Somewhat related here...that medic gun is beautiful. I hated the 3 round burst on the m16 but it's great with it. Nothing like letting a single burst off the TV Station on Sharqi and dropping someone running on the hills trying to sneak up.
Octavarium
+1|6709
Well to me the bots seem to do the same damage - just that on easy they are UNBELIEVBLY poor shots!

They sit 10 feet from you with an M249 and miss with 90% of the shots!
AFlyingNun
+0|6718

Sud wrote:

Except now that all the assault are using F2000s, and medics G36Es (just going to indulge myself in a I TOLD YOU SO when people were having arguments that "SF guns aren't upgrades! they're alternatives!", which pretty much ended once UBAR got the hard numbers up), but I actually remember encountering you in a server (aflyingnun apparently is a memorable name) and you seemed to go down to a legitimate amount of fire. I don't think you ever took more than 2-3 triples. Can't remember what class you were.
Eh? What do you mean? You're speaking Spanish to me right now.

But I play as support mostly. Occassionally I'll play as assault or a sniper that only uses the pistol. Sound familar? (The pistol owns and you know it, shutup. )
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6758
I dont know about close range, but I have noticed from this thread that people seem to take triples as one bullet. They arent guaranteed to hit, the first more likely than the second, etc, just like a full auto rifle. The advantage of firing bursts or auto is (at medium to long range) that one of them is going to hit, not that it will do more damage.

And the L85A1 has terrible accuracy, but the scope enables better placement, so as long as you fire in short burst its accurate enough.
Sud
+0|6746
Yes - I noticed the bots were poor shots (comes well assumed on bot easy difficulty). But upon looking at the replay in this situation they were extremely accurate and hitting me with TONS of shots due to 4 bots hosing me down with fire. It looked like hacking.

Here is the clip. I engage the enemies (for some reason blue name) after reviving a bot at square. There's about 4 bots there. I take a ton of hits, but on my screen, I wasn't even taking much damage. I ran across from square to the building, taking more shots, and then take shots all the way up the stairs. When I reached the stairs, I pulled out my medkit at 1/3rd health remaining and proceeded to eat like 6 more bullets and not die.

On my screen, most of these bullets were non-registers. This is EXACTLY the double standard that I experience in online play, where I hose someone down with fire and they just won't die.

Even if all the bots were using only pistols (which they weren't), I ate enough lead there to die 3 times over.

http://members.shaw.ca/jshosted/bulleteating.mpg

(8 megabytes)

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-16 16:46:42)

Sud
+0|6746
Alright folks, I fixed the movie and reuploaded it

http://members.shaw.ca/jshosted/bulleteating.mpg

Things to keep in mind:

- Enemies are the blue names. There's about 4 or so at square there.

- I left the sound intact so you could better gauge the hits. Each "FWAP" sound is a hit

- I'm a medic (no armor).

- I am about 1/3rd hp remaining when I arrive at bottom of stairs, and I pull the medkit (I don't grab any medkits off the ground or use any other healing, just the natural regen off the kit).

- I eat a ton of bullets in the square, run to the stairs, pull out my medkit, then eat about 8 more bullets going up the stairs.

Most of these bullets, in first person mode when I was playing, were non-registers. They didn't exist (at least to me).

If you can, I'd appreciate if you guys had a look at this and explain to me what's going on. This is single player, and bots don't lag.
nating75
+0|6775

Octavarium wrote:

Good post nating75

My K/D went up dramatically when I stopped playing like it was CS:S and started to be sneaky!!
Thank you,

Now when you see me on the battlefield, please be nice, don't kill me too often

Actually, it's the only way I know how to play since my Quake 3 style (normally 1 on 1 tourney) was seek & destroy and mostly mind games.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-12-16 17:40:06)

Sud
+0|6746
Has anyone watched the movie? I'm really curious as to what you think of what you see in it. If there's no logical expanation for it, it could be a major bug in the game
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

Sud wrote:

Has anyone watched the movie? I'm really curious as to what you think of what you see in it. If there's no logical expanation for it, it could be a major bug in the game
I watched it, saw something similar to it happen the other day but the guy eventually died before I could kill the guy nailing him. I don't know what it is, unless they secretly implemented bullet grazes, which I doubt. I really don't know what to say except bug.
Sud
+0|6746
That is the damage double standard that I speak of, perfectly illustrated - something that I experience a ton in multiplayer. I'm glad I was able to actually get something more than just hearsay to demonstrate it.

This kind of thing could easily be passed off as lag, had it not shown itself in single player.
Sud
+0|6746
hmm maybe I should start a new thread? This one seems to not be getting any views or something.
warco3
+1|6727|Orlando, FL

Sud wrote:

Except now that all the assault are using F2000s, and medics G36Es (just going to indulge myself in a I TOLD YOU SO when people were having arguments that "SF guns aren't upgrades! they're alternatives!", which pretty much ended once UBAR got the hard numbers up)
Upgrade or not (which I personally don't think they are), that doesn't mean you are god when you use them. I get killed by the L85A1 and the G3 more than any other weapons. They aren't SF unlocks. Plus I can use the MP5 and still kick ass so it's all about SKILL, regardless of weapon. Sure, granted, they can offer an advantage in certain situations, but they don't dominate all around, same story with any other weapon. And finally, they are NEW unlocks. OF COURSE people are gonna use them. It's something new! That and the fact that the F2000 kit in BF2 gives you the flashbang.

P.S. I rather use the AK-101/47 w/GP-30 than the F2000 ANY DAY.
Sud
+0|6746
My assault rifle ratio as medic was 1.23. After SF, it's now 1.67 and still continues to climb each time I play. That is an upgrade.

The F2000 as well - it's an AK101 with much better accuracy, a much better scope, all at the cost of a couple damage which isn't functionally any different.

If you're dying to L85A1 it is simply pure dumb luck. That is regarded as one of the worst unlocks for good reason. When I used L85A1 I would regularly have to switch to pistol to finish people off. AK101 was better in every way excluding popping off that first shot at range. G3 also, it can be good in an alleyway in Karkand, but with its 20 shot clip, inaccuracy, and tendancy to act more like a submachinegun than a rifle, most people pass it up (especially since they lose their tube).
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
I must be weird then. I HATED the g3 at first and wish I hadn't unlocked it, but when i was going for my time in assault to get the vet assault badge that's all I used. I love it now. Semi-auto only.

I also enjoyed the L85A1 until the G36E showed up, that's my #1 gun now.

Jackhammer's my least favorite gun, I should have never unlocked it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard