Poll

How to best show Star Wars to someone who has never seen it?

Movies IV thru VI then I thru III75%75% - 36
In order I to VI25%25% - 12
Total: 48
pvtmoustacheride
5 cents
+11|6594|Iowa, USA
Okay so this lady friend of mine has never seen any of the star wars movies or even really knows what they are about.  I the intro of the third one when she walked in and got sucked into the show.  Now she wants to see them all which is pretty sweet so whats the best way to see them you think?  I'm leaning more towards the way they were released, since you get the Lukes father stuff which is ruined if you go in order but there is a greater chance she could lose interest going that way since are older.  So what do you guys think?
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6541|Southeastern USA
definitely go with the order they were released, it would suck if she saw Jar Jar Binks and lost all interest before seeing V and VI
jimbo21
+11|6644
agree --- order of release
Hawk390
+27|6636|Melbourne, Australia
IV-VI then I-III, you cant watch the first 3 before watching 4,5 and 6. It dosent matter that there old, they are still such good movies. I just cant believe your lady friend never saw them! I used to watch them over and over again when i was a midget, and im only 16.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6583|Scarborough Yorkshire England
The order 1-6 that way you get the wholestory as GL intended you to see them.
Jar Jar is a pain but he's not that bad WTF do you think the Ewoks (friggin furry little midgets) were in ROTJ, cute things to please the kids but no one moans about them.
doneyone
+30|6547|Holland Hardcore
whateverrrrrr.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
where the option to only show the star wars movies and not the other three bullshit waste of times?
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6611|Manitowoc, WI

Jinto-sk wrote:

The order 1-6 that way you get the wholestory as GL intended you to see them.
Jar Jar is a pain but he's not that bad WTF do you think the Ewoks (friggin furry little midgets) were in ROTJ, cute things to please the kids but no one moans about them.
It's because the ewoks weren't ungodly annoying, nor did they have a (sort of) major role in the film.
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6427|Jax, Fl
Pretend the new ones don't exist.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
do you have the remastered IV-VI or the ones with all the extra crap (that lame CG jabba in mos eisley) thrown in, the remastered ones are the best, the rontos were neat and all but CG just doesn't have that real feel that actual modeling and set construction has (look at the difference between the amazing sets and effects of farscape as opposed to the lame flat crap of stargate sg-1)
bubbass
humble
+61|6561
Heh, I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies. It shows no interest to me what so ever.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
^^^^^^^
strangest thing i've ever seen on a gaming forum
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6427|Jax, Fl

kr@cker wrote:

^^^^^^^
strangest thing i've ever seen on a gaming forum
That is pretty odd...
RaVeN.sco
+15|6526|Scotland
weird huh!! me either
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
Are Episodes I to III still classified as Star Wars movies? Surely all traces of those travesties have been erased from existence at this stage!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
I've only seen Episode I (Or is it 1) and i had no idea what the hell was going on, even in the action sequences. The only bit i did get was the race with those hover things.

People are always on about how good it is but all the political stuff and romantic crap they try to put inbetween the interesting bits is boring.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6737|Houston, TX
If the lady you are introducing to the movies is over the age of 6, then start at IV and go to "Return".  Then give her a barf bag and put her thru 1 and 2.  If she has anything left, have her view 3. (But only if she has stomach for more bad writing!) If she is an action junkie, give her the remote and chapter #'s of the good scenes.

KJ
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6688|NJ
I'd say watch the original three first(you know the good ones) then go to the first so you can let here watch how stupid all the linking charaters is as appose to writing new ones. The only new one he wrote was Jar-Jar and that was horrible I still to this day don't know a single thing he says and don't care....

Also Get the original ones of the first three as appose to the one where Greedo shots first(that is by far the worst thing they have ever done to the movie ever)..
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
How about IV-VI, and only IV-VI

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard