mynarski
+0|6698
So, I was the 2nd in an attack helicopter when this knob starts shooting me to get out. When he blew up the chopper and I called him an ass, he stated that Pilots pick their own Co-Pilots. Is this true? If it is then I think its an assanine rule.
S!
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6705|Wherever the F**k i feel like
not true but i have the rule that if you cant polit or shot dont bother
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6763|AUS, Canberra
no the the guy was just being a dickhead.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6780|England
Last night I got into an APC and this guy gets in as passenger and starts spamming bail out, I didn’t get out (obviously) so he gets out and tk's me with a tow. After that I spent the rest of the round hunting him down and team killing him until I was kicked.
Sud
+0|6740
I would like to see it true simply to stop these arguments.

If someone has a gunner that they are coordinated with, why would you reduce the effectiveness of your team resource (unless you know that the both of them are newb).

You're not going to convince people to abandon your friends, and the team needs the chopper in the action. This is always going to be a no-win situation for you, in the very least it shouldn't be for the team.

Also, don't be presumptuous when you get into a chopper. If you're to it first, you're the pilot. None of this "but i want the GUNNER" position stuff.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-17 12:13:14)

savannah_lore
+0|6706

Kobrakai wrote:

Last night I got into an APC and this guy gets in as passenger and starts spamming bail out, I didn’t get out (obviously) so he gets out and tk's me with a tow. After that I spent the rest of the round hunting him down and team killing him until I was kicked.
Nice, all these little kids fucking it up need to get hit by their respective school busses already
evillbill
+-1|6727|West Oz

Kobrakai wrote:

I would punish for the team kill, but to hell with Tk's back so the little jumped up moron can kick me. Just ignore the idiot and then punish any TK he gives you. Send  *him* on a little holiday. Probably needs his nappy changed anyway.
brickZ28
Master of Puppets
+15|6729|IL
just a tad off but the other day me and my clan mates were all playing and I asked someone to step out so us maes could fly togeother,  well guess what? he did.  I dont remember his name but I thank you again sir if you read this.  And to all the others who do the same keep it up, I will remember it and will do the same for you. 
Sud
+0|6740

brickZ28 wrote:

just a tad off but the other day me and my clan mates were all playing and I asked someone to step out so us maes could fly togeother,  well guess what? he did.  I dont remember his name but I thank you again sir if you read this.  And to all the others who do the same keep it up, I will remember it and will do the same for you.  smile
People like that are one in a million. As a good gesture you should offer to give him a ride once in awhile.
xaven
+25|6725|Berlin
whenever a pilot wants to fly with his clanmate, just accept that. i EVER do, coz I know what its like to fly with a stranger and leave your mate back in the base
BoneEnforcer
+4|6740
I have been on both sides of it.

I have asked for someone to let my bud fly with me, and they have agreed.

I have had people ask me to leave, and I have.

But if you act like an ass and just spam bail out, or shoot at me to keep me out, you will get your just deserts.

I will go some maps where I will just ground pound and there are the nights to where I would like to fly.  I would rather be a all around player, just not a one sided.

It is best to fly with someone that you know and VOIP with.  THat is why I have 2 ways of flying.  One with a gunner, another without.  I will try to give the gunner all the shots that they could use, but if they just sit in there and try to look pretty, I go back to my solo flying with a gunner.
Yeah7
+0|6698
I think if people were more polite about it then it would be more common for the gunner to jump out and let your buddy in.

I've found that people do ask for you to get out rather than spam with "bail out", but rather than ask nicely, just bitch and moan... plus when you do get out, they don't even thank you for it.

Just one of those things... people are rarely polite or give you the time of day.
[TvC]Unbe@table
+5|6775|Michigan

mynarski wrote:

So, I was the 2nd in an attack helicopter when this knob starts shooting me to get out. When he blew up the chopper and I called him an ass, he stated that Pilots pick their own Co-Pilots. Is this true? If it is then I think its an assanine rule.
S!
This should be the case.. why lay my life on the line for a noob gunner??
Wisher1981
+1|6747|SWEDEN
who gives a crap when u can look at thoose two blonds... gaaahhhh sweet... nice perfect asses... ahhhh tight... gaaahhhh

ohhh u where talking about helicopters and stuff.. gaaahhhhh sweet asses... gaaaahhhhh ...
well i have a mate and hes a prety descent pilot... we form up a squad and fly the chopper together.. we are pretty good ... since we both have head sets... gaaaahhhh sweet asses.. gaaaahhh... well people dont respect that u wanna play with your friend... i try to respect that.. but its much nicer to say something or type something than just to hit Get out like a little bitch over and over.... gahhh sweet asses.. gaaaahhhh...
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6712|The Netherlands
Pilots pick their own Co-Pilots? What a load of crap!

Ppl should remember other ppl payed alot to play this game 2 and they have every right to use vehicles like the next man. U cant demand any1 getting out of a vehicle cause u want it, when he got there first. If u want to fly with your buddy only and no1 else, go and play on a empty server or rent your own and password it.

Like others mentioned, if u really want to fly with your buddy and ask me in a nice way, i ll prob get out. If u order me to bail out, i ll defenately wont.

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-18 06:24:13)

prettybird
+10|6716

Sud wrote:

I would like to see it true simply to stop these arguments.

If someone has a gunner that they are coordinated with, why would you reduce the effectiveness of your team resource (unless you know that the both of them are newb).

You're not going to convince people to abandon your friends, and the team needs the chopper in the action. This is always going to be a no-win situation for you, in the very least it shouldn't be for the team.

Also, don't be presumptuous when you get into a chopper. If you're to it first, you're the pilot. None of this "but i want the GUNNER" position stuff.
I couldnt agree more. I hate to see someone who totally sucks at flying take the chopper or someone who is a good pilot have a garbage gunner. When i see a garbage gunner get on the chopper with me i get out and when i see a garbage pilot get in the chopper i get out as well. I wish i had a cool buddy on here i can either pilot or he can pilot me. I'm getting tired of going in rooms to a team that lacks the skills i have or the skills i need them to have for the game to be enjoyable. i cant stand pilots who dont line me up or when im flying, co pilots who i line up no less than perfect for tv kills and they fire they're machine gun. If anyone is looking for a chopper buddy im your guy. i can gun pretty good(love the tv guided missiles) and i can also pilot good as well.
mynarski
+0|6698
I have no problem with guys wanting to multi-crew with their buddies. But gentlemen, please be polite and fucking ASK! 9 times out of 10 people will gladly comply if youre nice enough to simply state your case.
That being said, the world would be a better place if people said 'please' and 'thank you' but since we're not perfect we can only try I guess.
S!
xaven
+25|6725|Berlin
9 of 10? would be pretty cool, but..
cat4ever
+69|6745|CATALONIA

savannah_lore wrote:

Kobrakai wrote:

Nice, all these little kids fucking it up need to get hit by their respective school busses already
No!!! no all the kids are silly, I'm a 13 years old kid and I don't teamkill for tanks, APC's or whatever!
I think that nobody should make that, that happens to me very often, but the kids aren't always the tkillers!!
Opiate
+0|6717|Ontario, Canada
Yea .. if you are the pilot you somewhat have a choice in your gunner. Like someone said if they have a good team going let them. If you get the chopper first they are SOL.. I have given up choppers many times, and even jets. Once I outran some guy cause he wasn't using running and I felt bad and let him use it anyways I usually hate being passenger with people I don't know anyways. 9 time out of 10 it's a premature death.
dan500
+57|6839
Yeah.. I dont want some n00b who cant use TV missiles, and when i fly, its 9/10 with someone from my clan, and were on TS so we know whats going on, if theres a heli to the right of us, or i tell him that ill take 1st APC out and he gets 2nd with TV missiles.

Its just better flying the heli with someone you know.

Last edited by dan500 (2005-12-19 13:08:32)

dalfiuss
+1|6823
When I pilot I will almost always only fly for my friend if he is playing with me.  We are always on vent and we have come up with a ton of single word codes for specific locations so we can both call out guys and threats quickly and easily.

I hate it when someone else hops in the gunner seat and refuses to get out, as regardless of how good you are with the gun or hellfire missles, you are worthless as a gunner if we cant communicate with each other.  It always ends up that I waste my time setting up a tv guided shot as the gunner just continues to overheat the gun.

It seems with my friend we usually bring down 40-100 combined kills, whereas if I can't communicate with the gunner it ends up being 20-30.
./KRUX
+1|6729|Austin Texas
I fly with friends and we coordinate. Normally we dominate the game if were hot. Now my question why does your own team wanna screw this up. They have everything to gain by being on the winning team. Back off and get out cause i say. Its called repect. YOU will get your chance to fly someday. Personally i think it should be based on rank. Higher rank comes up to get in a jet theres a private in it, he gets booted and the expericanced pilot gets the jet. If not like that have a minimum rank to be a fighter pilot maybe even badge or ribbon requirments befor you can get into a jet. Im not saying maying it so high causual gamers cant fly. But really are you going to hand a private a multi-million dollar (proto-type)F35? REALLY?.

If you cant fly and your tking for a plane then you can go to hell, go to hell and you DIE! Before you new guys flame me, dont forget you can always fireup a single player game. You play agianst an ememy and can crash as much as you want without wrecking your stats. When you can get 10 kills in one life your ready for online.

I know there lots of kids online but when i find myself in a room full of these no responsive players I just leave to find some mature players. I never go on a rampage trying to get revenge for being tked. Thats dumb.

Just never forget this is a team game and it takes proficent players in all rolls for your team to win.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6723|Peoria, Illinois
My philosophy:

If you see two people waiting for the chopper, go away, there are only two seats.

If you and your clanmate are in the chopper and die and two other players get to the pad before you do, go away, it's their turn.

If you get to the chopper at the same time as two others and get in, join the squad of the pilot or create a squad and invite him.

If you do not have a mic, and the pilot asks you to hop out, then do so.

There needs to be voice communication between pilot and co-pilot for the chopper to be effective nine out of ten times. Rarely I have encountered gunners or pilots in sync with me and see everything I see.

If I'm a pilot and you're a sniper who just wants a ride across the map, say so. I read the text messenges and will help you out. My squadmates can spawn on me. But don't hop in and tell me to get out so you can use it as a personal taxi.
Opiate
+0|6717|Ontario, Canada
Heh now now. You want people to only be able to fly with an air badge when you need to fly to get one? Your just being a jackass. Why isn't first come first serve good enough? If someone else gets it it's fair game, we're all paying customers here. If buddy is being a total idiot then yes he should be smart enough to step down. We were simply talking about gunners, not nazi like rules for flying. Yes real life is different but this isn't real life. People should practice offline, this doesn't help them with your rank requirements.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard