Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6654|Peoria
I always feel fantastic when I outsnipe noobs with the zellar and stabilizer, when I don't even have the APM unlocked yet.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6656|Hong Kong

DestinedTConquer wrote:

i dont care, but maybe you shouldnt write in pink ?
Or maybe I'll do what I want.
SAS-Lt.Phoenix
Banned
+8|6410|Brooklyn, New York
I love to be sniper and it is one of my favorite kits. I'm pretty ood too. About the breathing thing, EA will definately not fix it, they haven't already. You just gotta get used to it m8 and do your best. Or use other kits. Oh shit sorry I thought this was for regular BF2 lol ignore this than

Last edited by SAS-Lt.Phoenix (2006-10-26 19:18:02)

Paragon
+2|6400
Once you get used to the sway, you won't even notice that it's there. I have the stabilizer unlock and very rarely have to resort to it to get headshots.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6769|Internet!

SmilingBuddha wrote:

DestinedTConquer wrote:

i dont care, but maybe you shouldnt write in pink ?
Or maybe I'll do what I want.
That's not pink. Sheesh, people these days. Don't any of you remember Trigger?
Aleso
Slightly Insane
+2|6711
The stabilizer does make it a lot easier to make shots over very long distances.
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6822|Moore, OK
I seem to have little to no trouble in getting headshots in 2142 compared to BF2. This is without the stabilizer, considering I've only spent 30 minutes in-game.

Either it's just been luck, a magical increase in skill, or it's just easier to be a sniper in 2142. Whatever the reason is, I don't care. I'm having a blast.
instakill
+3|6632|Canberra ACT
The recon kit in 2142 is awesome, the zeller-h is amazingly accurate and whoever said you can not stand and snipe is full of it. Stand and snipe, strafe and snipe, walk forward and snipe, no dif you just need to take a second. and IMO you can kill people with a quick shot just as fast as bf2 standing or prone, without the stabilizer as i take in the camo and rdx instead.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6787|Great Brown North
mm sniper, i was never much for sniping in bf2 but now i enjoy it in this one... dont like the vehicles much... not into the frantic assaulting... just like waiting, biding my time and dropping people from distance with accurate shots

oh and i like the sway, just seems more natural to me

Last edited by krazed (2006-10-26 22:02:57)

Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6402|Evilsville
In BF2 I totally sucked in sniping, but now, beware!
Allright, I'm not the best sniper around, but I'm improving daily.
silentone22
+9|6560
Sniper sway is good.  Much more realistic, and gives the rest of us a chance to get away without being headshotted.
cougar1974
+3|6661|Germany,Lower Saxony

SmilingBuddha wrote:

It's a good thing, because it separates the noobs from the pros.
ROFLOL Youre so right,...
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6533|Singapore
the sway looks fake...it goes up and down in a perfect straight line...it might be good if it goes all over the place like CoD2
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6716
If you line up shots quickly you can line up shots before the sway sets in.  Nyte should have no problem addapting. 

The sway does make it much harder to make long shots.  Plus the base scope is lacking on the magnification to do long shots.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6713|Antarctica
There is a stabilizer unlock for all those who can't cope with the sway.
Lost-Soul
+26|6516
Sounds to me that i'm just PANTS!!!
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6702|UK

Craig1998 wrote:

i_dun_nV_u wrote:

true, but isn't it a goal to be realistic? ppl do know how to hold breaths
and in real life, the gun doesn't sway that much!!!
Oh, so you have a Park 52 or a Morretti sniper rifle at your house?
rgraze
+6|6679
I have played games with sways so I can compensate. I do own a few rifles and the sway isnt that much.  I will have to say though that any sniper rifle I have seen has a bipod at the least or you can rest it on something to stabilize the shot.  It just boggles the mind that rifles in the future dont have bipods.
Lost-Soul
+26|6516

rgraze wrote:

I have played games with sways so I can compensate. I do own a few rifles and the sway isnt that much.  I will have to say though that any sniper rifle I have seen has a bipod at the least or you can rest it on something to stabilize the shot.  It just boggles the mind that rifles in the future dont have bipods.
Thankyou....well said!!!!

+1 Karma
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6656|Hong Kong

rgraze wrote:

Actually, the Zeller has a bipod but it doesn't seem to be very effective.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6402|Evilsville
For some weird reason I was actually better in sniping with the starting rifle then with the Zeller.
Perhaps I need some practise.
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6554
I could care less about the stabilizer, I just need the 4x scope -_-

The Zellar just feels like a solid rifle. I use it almost exclusively now despite the smaller clip size.

The sway is the same whether you're standing or prone, slightly ridiculous but you get used to it quickly.

I think the reason why it's easier to snipe in 2142 than it is in BF2 is due to the fact that nobody really has a set sniping spot yet. It's pretty early in the game's life cycle, people don't know where to look for snipers; snipers have no idea where the other snipers are.

In BF2, if i got pinged in Sharqi, I'd scope out crane first, check top of TV tower, then the building tops. In 2142, I get shot, I have a whole lot more area to scan.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard