Basketball2%2% - 5
Track and Field4%4% - 9
Total: 205
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6610|Manitowoc, WI

wedge3382 wrote:

left out football, now thats boring
How so?  If you mean the constant comercials then yes, those suck.  But if you have TiVo, then that problem is solved.
Burks
+2|6634
Out of those choices, NASCAR. Ping-pong would be the absolute worse.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I don't remember any F1 racers coming over to NASCAR and winning so easily as you claim... Care to defend your case?
One off events like the Indy 500 (I know it's not entirely the same but it's damn simillar) have been won by virtually every F1 driver who bothered to enter them. I've already quoted some of them. Montoya, Hill, Villeneuve, Fittipaldi etc.

Actual NASCAR, I struggle to think of any F1 drivers who have competed. Since it is a championship and they've got more important races to worry about.

Lets see how Montoya does now that he's moved to NASCAR. He wasn't ever a great F1 driver, but he won the Indy 500 first time round and he came 3rd in the ARCA event he competed in this month. His NASCAR debut is today. Just watch.
But NASCAR is completely different than Indy. You can't compare the two saying that NASCAR is crap and easy if F1 racers were never seriously competitve in the sport.
The ARCA race is very, very close to being NASCAR. Montoya came 3rd in that on his debut. He also has his 1st proper NASCAR race today. That is an example of F1 drivers doing well in NASCAR, near as you get without being actual NASCAR anyway. He could have won the ARCA race at Talledega anyway, but was told to drop back by his team to practice overtaking.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6500|Daytona Beach, FL
Soccer/European football and cricket
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6491|gulf of oman
curling = lamest sport ever

darts would be fun to watch as a spectator if you were drinking and had sid waddel commentating, but if your not a dart fan then it would be boring.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6521|Boston, MA

Bertster7 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

One off events like the Indy 500 (I know it's not entirely the same but it's damn simillar) have been won by virtually every F1 driver who bothered to enter them. I've already quoted some of them. Montoya, Hill, Villeneuve, Fittipaldi etc.

Actual NASCAR, I struggle to think of any F1 drivers who have competed. Since it is a championship and they've got more important races to worry about.

Lets see how Montoya does now that he's moved to NASCAR. He wasn't ever a great F1 driver, but he won the Indy 500 first time round and he came 3rd in the ARCA event he competed in this month. His NASCAR debut is today. Just watch.
But NASCAR is completely different than Indy. You can't compare the two saying that NASCAR is crap and easy if F1 racers were never seriously competitve in the sport.
The ARCA race is very, very close to being NASCAR. Montoya came 3rd in that on his debut. He also has his 1st proper NASCAR race today. That is an example of F1 drivers doing well in NASCAR, near as you get without being actual NASCAR anyway. He could have won the ARCA race at Talledega anyway, but was told to drop back by his team to practice overtaking.
Yeah, as close you can get car wise, but not close enough in skill. I guarentee you if he races in Winston Cup, never mind the Busch league, that he won't even finish top 15.

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2006-10-28 14:30:35)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6755|Dallas

Bertster7 wrote:

Yeah, as close you can get car wise, but not close enough in skill. I guarentee you if he races in Winston Cup, never mind the Busch league, that he won't even finish top 15.
Dude, NASCAR is winning the poll by almost double the number of votes of the runner up.  NASCAR FAILS!  I think we can both agree that it is a bunch of cars going around in a circle for hours on end, burning gas and bumping into each other occasionally.  If you want that, rent an apartment near the freeway and watch that happen 24 hours a day. 

And whoever the douche bag is that keeps saying "uhh huhuh but theres white trash chicks with big tits there", you are a fucking idiot.   The only guys who are interested in redneck Alabama white trash Nascar skank hoes are stupid white trash alabama nascar rednecks.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6712|Sydney, Australia
Cricket is the most boring. It is boring to watch and to play...

It wins twice!

Mcminty.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

Bertster7 wrote:

Montoya had his debut Busch league race today. I don't think much of your guarantees, because he did finish in the top 15, 11th in fact.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6610|Manitowoc, WI

Cougar wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Dude, NASCAR is winning the poll by almost double the number of votes of the runner up.  NASCAR FAILS!  I think we can both agree that it is a bunch of cars going around in a circle for hours on end, burning gas and bumping into each other occasionally.  If you want that, rent an apartment near the freeway and watch that happen 24 hours a day. 

And whoever the douche bag is that keeps saying "uhh huhuh but theres white trash chicks with big tits there", you are a fucking idiot.   The only guys who are interested in redneck Alabama white trash Nascar skank hoes are stupid white trash alabama nascar rednecks.
Amen.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6648|Australia

mcminty wrote:

Cricket is the most boring. It is boring to watch and to play...

It wins twice!

Mcminty.
NOOO! Cricket is awesome to watch and play. You got to fire up mcminty - we got to win the Ashes back in under a month!!

Synchonized Swimming gets my vote. Damn that shit be boring.

So a lot of you think NASCAR is boring? Well ive never seen a full race, but i can tell you this - the V8 Super Cars down here in Aus KICK ASS. Bathurst 1000 FTW!
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6409|Florida

Bertster7 wrote:

Strngs012 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

HAHAHA!!!!

What top drivers from other motorsports? The only reason Montoya has just started is because he got kicked out of Maclaren. NASCAR is rubbish. F1 is far, far, better. You obviously know nothing about F1 (F1 drivers tend to agree that NASCAR is rubbish and easy - when they do enter events, they tend to win them, easily - in fact Montoya said the Indy 500 was even easier than European carting circuits, just before he won it  with ease on his debut, the first driver to do so since Graham Hill, another F1 driver).

You clearly don't understand racing much if you watch NASCAR. F1 and WRC are clearly the best forms of racing.
Then why does F1 use traction control? I'd love to see some of the F1 guys find there way around Bristol Motor Speedway with 43 cars on the track. Or let alone try and figure the draft and and how to bump draft at Talladega or Daytona. Like I said in the earlier post, F1 = Follow the leader, no passing, no side by side racing, no rubbing, no drafting, boring.
So you haven't noticed the fact that the F1 drivers who do compete in NASCAR races tend to win them? Why don't NASCAR cars use traction control - because that's all the race is - which driver has better control of their cars traction. There are many rules in F1 as well, launch control was banned last season.

NASCAR is crap and easy. Just look at the track record of F1 drivers in American racing.
Tell me what F1 drivers are currently driving, let alone winning in NASCAR? I don't understand your point about why NASCAR doesn't use Traction control. The cars in NASCAR are 3400 lbs, they don't use it and have to muscle the car throught the turns, where as TC keeps the car stable. Your not making sense.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6741|the middle of nowhere
Tennis and baseball. Not in any certain order though.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6528|Internetfitlerland

20/20 cricket. Now thats fun.  Test matches on the other hand....
Nintendogamer
+72|6578|Chelmsford, UK
Snooker-to watch, but i like playing it,
twiistaaa
+87|6659|mexico
definatly baseball.

who the hell chose basketball? come on, even people who don't like it enjoy a good michael jordan highlight montage.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6832
Baseball is boring for alot but the basemen, pitcher and catcher...I mean you have to wait like forever to get the ball. And if you are the backup pitcher you have to wait till the main one is tired out (like an hr later) so really baseball has a maximum of like 5 people doing  something while the others do nothing.

Tennis on the other hand is boring to watch and so is baseball....but much more fun to play because there is a guarantee that you are given the ball every few seconds, unless you are just that sad and can't get it.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6461|New York
On e question: why isn't 'golf' a choice?
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6541|Reading, Basingrad
Snooker

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard