=MI5=BeenBanned
Banned
+0|6361
i currently have 1GB of RAM. i think that i have two 512mb sticks. i bought a 1 GB stick today and im wondering where i install it?
=MI5=BeenBanned
Banned
+0|6361
theres karma for good help!!
MECtallica
+73|6474|jalalabad
you have to break it into pieces first, then you eat it.
tupla_s
+455|6562|Finland
Same place where the other two sticks are, If there's free slots, if not then you have to remove other

EDIT: And btw, why didn't you ask all your three questions in one thread?

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-10-28 12:24:58)

=MI5=BeenBanned
Banned
+0|6361

tupla_s wrote:

Same place where the other two sticks are, If there's free slots, if not then you have to remove other

EDIT: And btw, why didn't you ask all your three questions in one thread?
i have no idea, and actually i have 1 more question. can you upgrade your processing speed?
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6471|Houston, TX
If you replace your processor, you can upgrade your speed.  Can be kinda expensive.

Just put your new ram stick in an open slot on your motherboard.  If there's not an open spot, remove one of the current ram sticks and put the new one in it's place.  I'm hoping that you've already checked to make sure that the new stuff you got is the correct type.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

You could also overclock the processor to make it run at a higher speed.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6471|Houston, TX

haffeysucks wrote:

Depending on your processor...this could be rather bad.  There are some programs that help you "safely" overclock your chip...but this isn't something that a novice should be doing.
=MI5=BeenBanned
Banned
+0|6361

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Depending on your processor...this could be rather bad.  There are some programs that help you "safely" overclock your chip...but this isn't something that a novice should be doing.
so how would i be able to do that? ohh, and btw im quite adavanced in script writing and what not. i make custom skins for desktops and various other things. its just this one area that im a little new to.
=MI5=BeenBanned
Banned
+0|6361

haffeysucks wrote:

haffey, how would you do that?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

=MI5=BeenBanned wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

unless you know what your doing with overclocking then dont, otherwise i see fire, lots of it, oh and a computer there burning rather nicely, *smells fried components*
Deadman
+34|6412|England

=MI5=BeenBanned wrote:

..... i think that i have two 512mb sticks......
If you dont know what type/speed of ram you already have, how do you know you've gone bought the right ram? You really got to match them.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6471|Houston, TX

surgeon_bond wrote:

=MI5=BeenBanned wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

unless you know what your doing with overclocking then dont, otherwise i see fire, lots of it, oh and a computer there burning rather nicely, *smells fried components*
Exactly.  You can very easily burn up your processor and/or motherboard.  There are programs out there to do it, and you can also do it on some botherboards by changing dip switches or jumpers.  But seriously, script writing has nothing at all to do with overclocking your processor.  You've got to know how much you can overclock it, and your mobo.  You've got to be able to test it at the new speed and see if it's throwing out errors.  There's a lot of "iffs" involved, and at the very least you will shorten the life of your processor.  Why don't you post the details on your computer?
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6641
Find your mobo manual, some (Most) boards you need to put RAM in a certian configuration.  You will find all your answers in there.

As far as the OC, that's a ton of research so you don't fry anything.

Best of luck to you
Chris
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia
The OP has been banned, so...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard