Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6664
im debating whether to work my way towards this or towards another weapon. weaponwise, i have already unlocked the lambert and baur, then a couple of abilities and a couple of other things.

is it effective? or a waste of time?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic
Nope, they never quite got these things working, they might patch it at some point (oo dirty word), until then stick with the SLSB, the only thing the drones are useful for at the moment is to indicate to me exactly where you are hiding.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

They are only good if you are proned under cover. Since the are elevated above you they will fire (Sometimes). They rarely kill but can provide some cover fire.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-10-25 01:27:02)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6538
hahahah i unlocked them in the beta, and i dare you to take one into the titan.....it'll spin around in circles until it finally locks onto someone directly through the wall and through YOU. PAGE DOWN to the squad leader bots.
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6664
alright. fair enough.lol

what about the recon robot thingie....obviously its a big giveaway to where im at, but is it effective at revealing enemies' locations?

would you recommend the sentry gun over the SD8 Accipter?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
The sentry gun is pretty sweet.  You just have to place it in the right area.  Placing it in a big open space won't do much since it can be flanked and destroyed.  Put it in a narrow passageway.

I always thought it'd be pretty sweet to go support and have the Accipiter and Sentry gun deployed.  Those two, plus your support gun...would be interesting.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

ThomasMorgan wrote:

The sentry gun is pretty sweet.  You just have to place it in the right area.  Placing it in a big open space won't do much since it can be flanked and destroyed.  Put it in a narrow passageway.

I always thought it'd be pretty sweet to go support and have the Accipiter and Sentry gun deployed.  Those two, plus your support gun...would be interesting.
Ganz HMG
+
Red Screen shield
+
Sentry Drone
+
Squad Leader Done.

I'll bring the marshmallows.
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6664
lmfao!! that is a pretty sweet lineup....

*ponders what it would be like to become a walking group of murdering metal....*
Sharp<0>Shooter
+1|6400
i dont know if its ture but ive head that if you can jump on one of the drones it will continue to try and get above your head lifting you, i havent tryed this saw it a while ago in some other thread
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6717
Well, I love the gun drones. Yes, they have about the IQ of a squirrel, but once they decide to shoot, it's some great covering fire! They've fixed the movement in titans/enclosed spaces from what I've seen. Also, I love the thought of a personal gun drone hovering over my head .

And to shooter's message, yes, you can. If they are EMP'd, you can get on top of them and they will try to get above you, therefore going up and up. I got accused of hacking today, because it accidentally happened. I've known about this for a bit, but this really was an accident. Stepped over the drone after an emp, and it got back up at the right moment, and I figured I'd enjoy the ride. Killed someone while on top of it and the message area was soon flooded by the kid with "NUKE HACKS! KICKBAN HIM!" messages. Funny stuff.

I honestly hope that ea does NOT change that, because it doesn't really give you any advantage that you can't get anywhere else more easily, and it's just fun. Closing note: their targeting may be messed, but they will save your butt from time to time. Fun, too.

Last edited by -MP-Nuke1266 (2006-10-25 18:21:37)

LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6684|UK
The main prob people find with it attacking is that they are unaware that its targets have to be on NetBat. Once an enemy is spotted in your squads NetBat  then the drone will begin to attack the target(s), it doesn't pick it's own targets.

Hope this helps!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore

MadKatter wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Ganz HMG
+
Red Screen shield
+
Sentry Drone
+
Squad Leader Done.

deploying all those stuff in the breached reactor core and you can defend it alone...
l41e
+677|6649

jkohlc wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Ganz HMG
+
Red Screen shield
+
Sentry Drone
+
Squad Leader Done.

deploying all those stuff in the breached reactor core and you can defend it alone...
Put that stuff in Corridor 1 and an ammobox and they'll never even get to the reactor core.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6536|Edmonton Alberta
IMO the drones are useless...the uav one shows people that are about 2 feet away from you yet anyone in a 20 mile radius can see you....and the attack drone from what i have seen just spins around in circles even after something has been identified by the netbat system
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6664
the recon drone has helped me a bit. on minsk i went on a knifing spree when i was running past silo 4. all of a sudden about 10 diamonds appeared with guys "hiding". i casually walked up behind each of them and knifed them in the spine.

i unlocked the Accipter via a field upgrade, and i wasnt overly impressed by it. there would be a guy lying prone about 20 metres away, firing away at me. im looking right at him...and the thing would even shoot at the guy. it only seems to shoot when it has about 10 seconds to stare at the guy....pretty ineffective....
GeoEnvi
+22|6688|Philadelphia, PA
The UAV drone appears to be fairly useless.  The range isn't that sweet.  The Accipter is jsut as weak, though I think it help if you actually spot things for yourself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard