I have not played it, and do not intend to22%22% - 258
I have played it, and I plan to continue playing it41%41% - 473
I have played it, but I won't play any more20%20% - 233
Total: 1132
sealAnubis
+0|6774
This is the official comment of EA on the issue of the advertising:

Battlefield 2142 and In-Game Advertising

The in-game advertisement is respectful of players' privacy: it never accesses files not directly related to the game, and it does not capture personal data such as cookies, account login detail, gameplay behaviour or surfing history. As it is an integrated part of Battlefield 2142 and not a separate program, it only runs when the game is running.

Because BF2142 delivers ads by region, the IP address of the player is used to determine the region of the player and helps serve ads by region and language; for instance, a player in Paris will be presented with ads in French. Note that this IP address is not stored on the advertisement server and is not repurposed for other uses.

A unique ID number is anonymously assigned the first time the player joins a Battlefield 2142 online game. It is stored locally on the PC but is not linked to any personal details.

The in-game advertisement gathers what we call "impression data", such as location of the billboard in the game or duration of advertisement impression. It helps see how many people have seen an ad - but not who has seen it.

We are also conscious that the advertisement shouldn’t distract the player from the overall gaming experience, so all ads fit in the unique environment of each level in the game. The content of the ads is also controlled to ensure that no offensive content is displayed in Battlefield 2142.

We all hope that this explanation will address recent concerns on the advertisement in Battlefield 2142. See you on the Battlefield.

- The Dice Live Team
So it's true but hardly noticable. I payed attention for it after reading this and i saw some posters and billboards but if you really focus on the game it doesn't fall out. Anyway, i dont mind. Cause before reading this i didn't even know it was there.

Last edited by sealAnubis (2006-10-23 13:32:55)

-=YakuzA=-Kamikaze
+3|6500|USA
I like it.
Reminds me of Halo.

I like the sentry guns...got like 4 badges one round defending a Titan with those things
I like the walkers...Just cause I am a Star Wars Freak
I like getting the dog tags of your clan mates ahahahahahahahaha
...but I dont have any yet
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6674|Houston, Texas
Well I finally got the game after everyone else in my clan got it. I figured might as well be able to play with them since they arent playing bf2 anymore.

First off I hate titan mode, but I love titan mode. I figured out long as i'm not out for the helos, tanks, and armor, I can have my own little IO mode on the titan. The demo inside the titan I was getting like 30 fps. It's not like that anymore, so that greatly changed my ability to enjoy playing this mode. Plus its fun to just shoot those guns at the little armor whores on the ground.

Now as far as the maps, Most I am not generally impressed with. I think if I were to find some 16 player versions on conquest for some of the maps, I would find them more enjoyable. I do enjoy "Camp Gerbil" a lot, that is a really sick map.

My biggest gripe aside from connection issues, and the fact a lot of stats are screwed up.. is key bindings. I can not bind mouse button 4 properly. it lets me bind it, just like in bf2. only, it doesnt work. My first thumb button I like for ventrilo, and my 2nd for VOIP... I can't do it. I changed bindings to a weapon for mouse4, you name it, the game simply does not work with it. ashame

The weapons i'm half and half on. Some I think really need some help. I am still pissed that the engineer does not have a pistol. The more I play it the more I enjoy the game, though I was greatly against it before it came out. I think the fact that in titan mode on defense i'm averaging 150 points a round from all the extra titan defend,  and various other pins i'm getting is really helping my opinion since i'm getting unlocks faster. I got spoiled in bf2 having everything for so long...
ubedead
+0|6673
1.lots of places to hide.2 lots of awards (shiny stuff.....pretty)3.good mix of kits dislikes 1.too many lost conection troubles (patch on the way???) 2.claymores teamkill(wtf??)3.hover tanks suck ass!!!
kiries
+4|6696|monastery of funk
my faviourite weapon is the pod 43 kills a round just hitting helicopters walkers tank and everything THOSE THINGS ROCK i tripped a walker over bit didnt blow it up hehe i was walking backwards lying front down on the ground looked sooooooo cool
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6599|S.C.
~ Unsure BF2 return looking less likely ~
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6581|England
played about 4 hours so far its been okay fun but feels sluggish compared to bf2 .still i will play about 70% bf2 and 20% bf2142 and 10% cs 1.6
ARCUK73
+9|6557|UK
Demo, Dont make me laugh...! dont do it justice, i nearly bypassed this game after playing the demo. picked it up anyway.. i think EA will have lost sales because of the demo..

Demo = Pants

Game = What time do i finish work? i need to get to the battlefield!

Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6550|775

Likes...
1. Customization of kits
2. Buddy List and ingame buddy ladder
3. Battle Walker

Dislikes...
1. Titan mode is severely bugged.
2. Why don't I get points for Kill Damage Assists!?
3. Don't ever try to eject from a transport dropship at too low of an altitude, you'll die by suicide or get accidentally TKed by the unsuspecting pilot.

Overall, I think EA did a great job on 2142. I'm not normally a huge fan of futuristic shooters. However, EA managed to hook me in and get me working on my ranks for the unlocks. Also, the teamwork aspect is highly emphasized with squad member bonuses and such. I'll still find a balance between Battlefield 2 and 2142. I'm not just going to let the BF2 account waste away. I've spent WAY too much time working on my stats for that to happen.

Cheers!

-Mike

Last edited by Guardian_Ekim (2006-10-24 08:58:48)

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6741
LIKE'S -

Squad Points and Squadding up

Auto Gun for Support

APC the Blackhawk of 2142, it rips through infantry

I will after get back to you on the rest........

DISLIKES

The crappy 10fps in Titan Mode

Trying to Revive someone on a moving Titan

The Guns Either they are Deadly or can't hit shit

Hover Tanks

Knifing what happen to it? It was fantastic in the Beta, Now its 14 strikes to get a kill

TV missile there's fast and there's the light speed TV missile

The delay when standing up from crouching or prone, its killing the support player

1/2 a point for kill assist, I mean WTF

Plus why is it only 1 point for a kill and -3 for a teamkill (with the idiots ive been playing with its a wonder I can get my round score from a minus)

Last edited by paranoid101 (2006-10-24 11:07:13)

Fragboy
+9|6602|Massachusetts, USA
Well I had no sound on the demo, that did it for me right there, played about 10 minutes of the demo without sound, and it sucked, so I didnt figure I would want to try it with sound. If you cant get a demo right, then why should I buy the full game?
duoxan
+2|6637
its fun, but its no 1942, and its no bf2. im sticking with bf2 for the most part, and call of duty 2. quake wars is looking good though
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6697|Sacramento
I am just a battlefield seires fan in general so no matter what era, I would probably enjoy it.
I downloaded the demo day1 and really liked it. I didnt like some of that lag tho.. titan mode, I cant really play because of it.. might just be my comp, its starting to show its age =/

I had a uhm ... preveiw.. of the retail version a few days before it came out and really liked some of the maps. So all in all, I have to say I will be playing it as long as my comp will let me heh.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

First off, I like BF2142. it's a cool game, I don't mind the futuristic-ness, as it's not all lasers and whatnot.
Still, I'm hating the early release bugs. There are so many of them and they're BAD. When online I get really high ping and bad lag whenever I move, (sometimes.) I'm not sure if I should blame my internet provider for that or not.

There are still disconnect issues and stuff, except now it sometimes disconnects you from the EA master server itself so you have to log back in.

It's strange because the Beta and Alpha tests didn't have these bugs. *sigh*
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
-=LIKMARK=-
+1|6404|Kristiansand, Norge
Finally bought it (and a brand new nvidia card) yesterday, waiting for it to arrive. God i'm WAITING!!! My fingers are itching badly..
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
After playing it a little more:
Likes: + Slaughtering whole platoons of soldiers with a mech.
          + The easy of vehicle movement.
          + Good combinations of kits.
          + Lots of Ranks, Awards & Unlocks too keep you busy.
          + Better Options menu
          + Messaging buddy system
          + Unlock tree combinations add up to a lot of variety.

Dislikes: - Disconnects in the middle of a game.
             - Veteran program bugged for me , its kool though I don't need a big red 2 by my name.
             - Lack of team work even though you get extra points.
             - Titans lol, a flying battleship with a weak interior design that gets stale quick.
             - Spawn time of mechs, hehe they aren't that bad ass, 2 minutes sometimes ffs.
             - Need more mechs on maps
             - Chuy hasn't made a stat site for the game yet, the other ones blow monkey chunks.
             - Same old patch problems

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2006-10-25 06:30:31)

ARCUK73
+9|6557|UK

duoxan wrote:

quake wars is looking good though
+1 for you!!

im enjoying 2142 but on release of QW i think 2142 will be collecting dust!
Zefar
+116|6650|Sweden
I would be suprised if no one bitched that QW had no lasers and such(If we can fly through space we should have better weapons than those normal bullet weapons.), so far I have seen bullet weapons among a giant laser beam(Ion Cannon anyone??)

Sure it looks good but the thing that you spawn where you last died so if a tank is there he can spawn rape those soldiers pretty easy. Well I will have to get a version of it when it comes out but I still think BF2142 will be on my list on playing games. :3 It's just so awesome.
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6614|yourmomshouse
The Beta was better than the Demo,So if you played the Demo you really don't know what your all talking about. Get a job buy the game if you hate o well I still have a 200.00 xbox partying with dust bunnys next to my old skis , and lawnmower .
VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6846
well three things  i like most about 2142

likes...
It's fun as hell going a defend mode on titan , truly it keeps you hopping when the other team is very aggressive .

as well the battle walker ( totally cool ) i think its one of the better vehicles in the game in general

it seems to be a very team oriented game  and it gives the upgrades and so forth when the squad is doing well .

DISLIKES...
well the gunship is fun but it totally needs some more tweaking ( make the mistake of getting upside down ) lol its dam near impossible to get it back into a upright possession .

the hover tank is some what fun as well but it screws me up while trying to aim when the body moves to aim , not the turret  ( cant make up my mind on this issue )

the basic problems of server crashes and the simple fact that in titan mode is only allowed or can be played with 48 players , Not 64 . as well the simple fact i had to download a PATCH just after the game was installed .

I fear that we are in for the same ride  just like bf2 of HAPPY LARRY'S MAGIC TOUR BUS RIDE and EA hired the driver !
A.HACKER
+0|6753
I am so fucken sick of EA, I have had crashes, horrible lag, I lost all of my settings, I am going to reinstall, if I can't get this fucken piece of shit game to work it will be my last time playing and it will be the last time I buy a game from that fucken retarded piece of shit company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6677|Kingswood Country
Starting to really, really get the shits with the disconnects/points issues. Plus number of times I have spawned in to see rank reset to recruit is getting to be a joke. When this happens, the unlocks show, but can never spawn in with them.

The crashes I can just about live with given that the level load time has been reduced. The points bit is really the problem - not having access to some of the cool unlocks is pissing me off. Yes, I may have complained about this during BF2, but at least you had detpacks as spec ops from the start, claymores as sniper, defib as medic.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6668|Sydney, Australia

A.HACKER wrote:

I am so fucken sick of EA, I have had crashes, horrible lag, I lost all of my settings, I am going to reinstall, if I can't get this fucken piece of shit game to work it will be my last time playing and it will be the last time I buy a game from that fucken retarded piece of shit company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your going to have problems buying games in the near future then.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6656|UK
ok been playing for a week now and can say that i have never shouted at the screen more times then in this game,  now it could be because the game is new and there are lot of noobs to the BF way of gaming, BUT in all if i am shouting at the screen i am not being disconected, or getting Jitery screen play, so thats a good thing......

MY LIKES ARE>...
1: anyone can fly the attack chopper, dont have to be a 1st class fucking air whore(FAIR PLAY IF U R, I JUST CUD NOT GET THE HANG OF IT IN BF2)
2: spawn, BECON,APC, CHOPPER, i think thats a great idea, if your down to one base (NO CAP) and your getting rapped by all the fucking dicks who cant play fair, and at least let you out the base to start the fricking round, you get your squad leader to the back base eventually and he lays down a beacon, (HA FUK YOU BASE RAPERS WE ARE BEHIND YOU SHAGGING YOUR WOMEN AND TAKING YOUR BASES) ... ok a little over the top
3: kit change after a few ranks-- its good to be able to customize your kit depending on what you may face during game play, eg assult, being able to revive if you are under heavy fire

DISLIKES

1: the dicks who ruin the game by sitting behind the wall in titan and just letting there remote cannon do the work for them, that to me seems a waiste of time and ruins the idea of defending the titan

2: support players that have no idea what the meaning of NEED AMMO MEANS, should say (OI YOUR FUCKING TARD GIVE ME SOME AMMO FFS YOU TWAT< WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO THROW MY GUN AT THEM)

3: The walker is a tight bit of equipment, has a few glitches tho, its starts to fuck up and  shake like a twat, even b4 you have taken a shot or been EMPed  and you cant get a shot of, but it great if your in close combat against tanks, but not so good at long distance

4: the attack chopper needs some looking at, the rockets are like throwing cabbages at armour, great against air to air, but not so great at cleaning up the ground

over all i like the game there are more then 4 things i dislike as there are more things i could mention about what i like...see what happens after another week..
BandoIruka
+1|6495
-All the nice gizmos and weapons to unlock
-No Jets
-Surprisingly well balanced infantry and weapons
     -instaprone + spray doesn't pay off anymore (remember the PKM whores?)
     -weapon damage/accuracy good
     -grenades require an unlock and longer arming time, hence harder to spam       
     -vehicles harder to whore in and easier to destroy
-Vehicles fun to pilot/gun in
-explosives are defuseable
-condensing the previous 7 kits into 4 main ones.
-field unlocks
-buddy list

Dislikes, but can live with it:
-Traditional annoying/noobish shit since BF2
     -C4 Jeeps, Claymore spam, etc
     -Vehicle whores
     -stupid medics/supports that wont heal/resupply
-APC multi grenade launcher
-Walkers being a tough target
-Having a drop pod fall on my head
-Staionary vehicles, the cars in particular, looking deceptively empty... until you put your mouse over it or its machinegun starts firing upon you
-Random sentry gun whoring supports
-Odd gunship TV missile guidance controls
-spongy hovertank handling
-dogtag collecters, both friendly and non-friendly
-gimped points system, trying to force teamplay upon random strangers in public servers

Dislikes and hate with prejudice:
-64 player titan very unplayable
-moving titan issues
     -reviving teammates
     -can't pick up kits on titan
-disconnect issues
-team vehicle damage upon hitting friendly sentry gun
-can't really tell the difference between friendly and hostile sentry gun
-EA being capitalist pigs, slave driving their programmers into rushing out games

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard