EMP Mine (To get to motion mine eventually)9%9% - 3
Advanced Med Hub (To get to Voss)38%38% - 12
Other - Please Explain19%19% - 6
Total: 31
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu
https://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1220/myunlocksed4.jpg
Hope you guys are not getting sick of this kind of post.

It would be nice to receive some input from you guys who are experienced with Player upgrades, Voss Assault rifle, and Motion Mine. Obviously, ones that are crossed out in the picture above are the ones that I already unlocked.

As you might have noticed from my stats, both from BF2 and BF2142, I am usually a sniper (I'm pretty sure some of you hate me... sad). But since I am planning to play other roles more, I need some advice on the unlock that I am going to get next to work my way up to getting the Tier 4 weapons.

Well, let the post begin.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6638|Sydney, Australia
Baur > voss.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu

Cold Fussion wrote:

Baur > voss.
Well, I can get BAUR through field upgrade so lets pass on that.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6731|Internet!
Sprint! Sprint! Sprint! Sprint is awesome.

Then the advanced Med-Hub, so you can heal people around your vehicles.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu

Kanil wrote:

Sprint! Sprint! Sprint! Sprint is awesome.

Then the advanced Med-Hub, so you can heal people around your vehicles.
You are receiving for first useful reply.

I have karmas to give out for those who are smart.
Main_E_ak
That sky looks like ground...
+6|6519|UK
Go for stamina recovery, as it will help you regardless of class, which will also be useful if you're unexperienced at using the others (not to mention sprint enhance and stamina recovery combined with light armour will make you a potential knife demon).

The Voss was my first weapon unlock, and I'm rather dissapointed with it. I tend to use the assault rifles on single fire at medium to long ranges, which the Voss sucks at due to the lack of damage. It may have 40 bullets but you need them, it's just a big SMG in close-quarters. I end up sticking to the stock rifles for the greater flexibility. I'd recommend you do a trial by grabbing it off a dead guy to see if you like it.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

The sprint and extra clip were two good unlocks. I don't play 2142 much, but those unlocks are for ALL kits, and have saved my ass a few times already.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6495|dunno
go for the voss it is accurate and has a 40 round clip.
Sleepnowinthefire
+6|6414
I was also wondering how about the auto repair engineer tool, how fast is it and does it work even if you are in combat?
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6633|under there hayousaidunderwear
Voss is the best weapon in the game in the right hands....
FlamingPhenix
I'm in ya base, drinking ya booze
+44|6526|Behind you, with a knife
Go to take the Ganz, If I pwn with it, U can too ^^

Last edited by FlamingPhenix (2006-10-27 18:27:13)

Ice Cold Killa
+26|6414|Perth, W.A, Australia.
i accidently voted for wrong thing but go for the Voss i reckon its one of the best guns in the game.
Sleepnowinthefire
+6|6414
(sorry to hitch ur thread) But also how usefell are the helmets?
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6731|Internet!
Depends. The support one is useful to spot camo. The assault one is pretty useless, and I don't notice the Recon one giving any real advantage...

Don't have the engineer one yet.

They're mildly useful, and don't require any equipment slots. However none of them are really worth going out of your way to unlock, IMO.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

StormEye wrote:

Hope you guys are not getting sick of this kind of post.
Getting? No. Definatly not getting.
Look honestly I don't care what you get, I'm not offering my opinion even though I have used all unlocks and have some experience on the matter. I don't do this maliciously, but because I know you'll find things different from me. There is no point geting anyone elses opinion on the matter because they'll think different from you too. Just choose what yout hink is right and whether it is or not you just need to realise that in the long ru it dosn't matter.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Sleepnowinthefire
+6|6414
But i guess a small amount of input is always helpfull , and opinions/ completely different views will always help. Also he doesnt want to have to go a up a whole upgrade path just to find a weapon is totally useless.
.|microphage
+4|6603|Vancouver, BC
Ganz is good - but i made a mistake by unlocking it when i can just use field upgrade. Baur i find as waaayyyy to much recoil and the clark shotty absolutly sux. If you had a choice, go with the Ganz tree cuase if you play titan mode alot, the sentry gun and ganz can come in handy easily.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6633|under there hayousaidunderwear
Why don't you mod the single player files and see what weapon you like for your self?
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu

majorassult wrote:

Why don't you mod the single player files and see what weapon you like for your self?
I might do that, thx.

Also those of you who were providing with your opinions, I thank you as well.
I have decided to go for the Sprint Recovery using 1 unlock point.
I am supposed to be promoted, giving me one more unlock point, but the game is being a bitch and not letting me be promoted.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6435|Life in a vacuum sucks
Advanced Med Hub (To get to Voss)
SiL3nC31133
+4|6709
i would say advanced med hub... two reasons... 1 yes is the voss... its pretty cool but it takes some gettin used too before it can be used uber effectively ( Lambert has an easier learning curve as you know ) secondly the advanced med hub really helps out with ur heals ( faster n such ) which then leads you down getting your healing badges which with the advanced hub is really easy... you would be really surprised at how much of a difference it makes on your kit... hope that helps...
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu

Kanil wrote:

Avoid approaching a maneuvering Nekomata.
Failure to employ proper precautions will result in severe consequences.
BTW this has nothing to do with my post, but dude, your signature is funny.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard