Vexikuri
+1|6483
I'm bored with BF2.  What other games are pretty cool that have come out over the last month or so?  No, I'm not interested in 2142 either.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6612|NYC / Hamburg

what type of games do you like?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Vexikuri
+1|6483
RPGs online or off.  RTS etc.  Sport games stay on the XBox.

Not sure if I'm interested in the Might & Magic game.  Also not sure about that Company of Brothers because the fighting would remind me of BF2.

Last edited by Vexikuri (2006-10-26 06:33:49)

_-_911_-_180891
+540|6548|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
ROFL  LMAO RUNESCAPE LFOR OAML
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6490|The Land of Scott Walker
RPG?  Guild Wars is good and no monthly fee.  Otherwise, Diablo 2 is still a solid game, though it's been out for awhile.  Dungeon Siege was good, played the demo for Dungeon Siege 2 but didn't buy it.  If you like Sid Meier's stuff, a friend of mine has Pirates and that's fun. Graphics are beautiful.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6571|Singapore
Guild Wars: Nightfall is gonna be released
null_o2
+7|6491|Perth, West Australia
Gothic 3 and Elder scrolls: Oblivion,

god they kill time
Vexikuri
+1|6483
I did enjoy Oblivion, that game was pretty cool.  I forgot about Pirates.  I might look into that game.  Isn't there another pirate game coming out with "Burning Sea" or something in the title?
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6779|Singapore
GW rock.
Vexikuri
+1|6483
Anyone play Age of Empires 3?  I loved the the first two, was just curious how the 3rd one compared...
AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6554|Behind You
AOE 3 is really good.  Avery different style of play though, much more akin to the new games being released.  You can't really turtle up in it, your defense is your army, even the "fortresses" can be taken down by a fairly small unit of musketeers and cannon.  Not sure about you guys but I'm not too sure I like these new RTS games being released that don't allow you to turtle up and build ridiculous automatic defenses.  Specifically Call of Heroes and Warhammer 40,000.  Oh well though. 

Oblivion is a great time sink, enjoyed that for many hours, you need a fairly nice video card to really appreciate it though. 

The Heroes of Might and Magic V game is kind of a let down...they tried to go in a different direction with the gameplay and as far as things like combat it improved greatly,  but there isn't a whole lot of content.  Sure it may take you 5 hours to finish a game but after awhile it's just adding to the stacks of high level creatures.  There aren't many spells and nothing much new as far as heroe development.  Not really worth the 30 euro I spent on it, but oh well.

You can't go wrong with classics like Total Annihilation (some of the Mods for TA are actually pretty cool.)

Call of Duty is a great game, even if you're tired of FPS it can still be fun.  If you're sick of online play the gampaign is pretty fun.

If you REALLY wanna waste time with a bunch of complete fools online one word: Runescape.  I'm not gonna explain it, just play it and see.  It's not so much addicting as it lulls you into a hypnotic state of pointing and clicking.  WARNING::Brain cells will suffer::WARNING

Guild Wars is a great game but unfortuneatly as with all mmorpg's to really enjoy all the content you do have to spend a lot of time playing.  It's best to get acquainted with a Guild/Clan but most won't except newbies.  If you do pick it up I can point you toward a guild/clan my cousin is a leader of.  I get the impression from him(I never played Guild Wars into the endgame) that it's a 1337 guild, but if I ask he'll take on a nub.

Edit:Got some time on my hands so I thought I'd add a few more.  Btw go to gamespot for good game reviews.  It's really funny to watch/read reviews of the bad ones.

Homeworld 2: Tons of fun, good campaign, good skirmish, and great multiplayer.  3D enviornment adds a lot to the sense of strategy, I spent an entire game against this disgutingly good opponent online building up my battleships and cruisers and such, sent them to where he started out.  And looked for him for like 20 minutes.    After I almost gave up a force nearly twice the size of mine comes from out of nowhere and destorys me.  later chatting with him I find out he went to the top of the "map" at the beginning of the game and hyperspaced to my base cuz he knew I wouldn't move my mothership...bastard.

Warcraft 3:  Good campaign, pretty cutscenes(of course, it's Blizzard) and good online play, one thing about the online play though is everyone is so damn good at RTS that it's hard to play at all if you're just starting out.

Arcanum:  Not a lot of people I have met know about this game.  It's a great VERY open ended game.  Probably over a 100 hours of main storyline(if you take time to smell the roses).  Unfortuneatly there are some bugs, some scripting glitches and occasionaly you can completely fuck up the story by killing an npc or moving an item, but I still suggest it.

Rise of Legends:  If you've played Rise of Nations that's what this is, only with giant clockwork men, mages, dragons, and super huge scorpions.  It's a terrific game and definitly worth the cash.

Last edited by AchangelTyreal (2006-10-27 07:52:37)

jsnipy
+3,276|6567|...

Vexikuri wrote:

Anyone play Age of Empires 3?  I loved the the first two, was just curious how the 3rd one compared...
3rd one is kickass ... and the stats perist .. I might play it more if time allowed. There is also an expansion out for it now.
AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6554|Behind You
Oh if your curious there is a game called Spore in the works, it looks like it could be one of the greatest games ever.  I'm not even sure what genre to put it in, but I guess it could be called a "sandbox" sort of game.
Vexikuri
+1|6483
Isn't Spore the game where you create an alien race, then build a world etc?
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6636|Scarborough Yorkshire England
World Of Warcraft

*Prepares for a flaming *
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6519|Belgium
U could try Enemy territory but thats kinda old.
If u like realism u could try cs source
Half life two is alo a great game, and it keeps updating thanks too the episodes.
And if u like rts try the command and conquer series my pers fav is generals
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6623|Florida
Starcraft is the own..........its 8 years old, but its still a good game. I havnt kept up with the new games lately, so I dont know what to tell ya.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6781|Salt Lake City

AchangelTyreal wrote:

Oh if your curious there is a game called Spore in the works, it looks like it could be one of the greatest games ever.  I'm not even sure what genre to put it in, but I guess it could be called a "sandbox" sort of game.
Spore isn't even scheduled for release for about another year.
TrinhViet
+6|6450|Germany
if u like rts games then try bfme2
KarlJo
+0|6437
Quake 4.
']['error
Banned
+630|6689|The Netherlands
HALO
UT2004
NFS: Most Wanted
bennisboy
+829|6691|Poundland
Hal-life 2, just started playing again and realised I'd forgot how it wipes the floor with any other FPS
topthrill05
+125|6623|Rochester NY USA
WoW. Really is a great game.

Go ahead and try it.
bennisboy
+829|6691|Poundland

']['error wrote:

NFS: Most Wanted
I'm playing that atm, great game
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6710|NT, like Mick Dundee

Just finished Hitman: Blood Money... Short game, although the AI is pretty good on Professional.

Possibly one of the best endings I've seen in a game.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard