Support Close Quarters (Clark)7%7% - 5
SL Unlocks3%3% - 2
Sprint Unlocks25%25% - 17
Mixture (please state)4%4% - 3
Total: 66
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6760
I've gotten everything I want in engineer and assault - but I'm not sure where to go next. I've used the Zeller quite a bit in pickups and it seems very god, so I'm tempted to go there - buts its not that different from the regular sniper rifles.

Please bear in mind that I don't play Titan mode at all, only conquest.

Also bear in mind I normally get at least 4-5 if not more field unlocks, so I could get a mixture and then field unlock everything (you can only go one level above what you have unlocked with field upgrades)

Last edited by Talon (2006-10-27 02:58:44)

Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6546
I went with the Spec Ops unlocks first. Out of the group you have left I would go Support up to sentry and then spec ops up to Lambert. The ganz isn't all that great while the lambert is an excellent weapon for the recon class.

Last edited by Arcano-D.E.S (2006-10-27 03:02:34)

Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6644|Ohio
The zeller is very god.
Toni
+4|6563
Well I don't have bf2142 yet, but is unlocking everything for a particular class going so fast ? Coz than it is no fun if I will unlock all in 3 months ?
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6645|Malibu
If you play conquest most of the time, you should go Zeller-H (I might be a  bit biased, I unlocked complete Recon Class unlocks).

The point in Conquest mode, besides capturing flags and holding them, is to take down enemy and make sure you take out one point from the enemy. Zeller-H will help you do so if you intend to snipe quite a bit.

Lambert could be a good choice if you were playing BF2 and you liked playing as Special Forces. However, you should not expect the accuracy that you saw from M4 in BF2. Camo is fun to use BUT currently its more like 'FREE POINT HERE' sign if not used properly (DICE is patching BF2142 so that camo will be much better, just like the demo time).

If you intend to steal vehicles off of other people (or your teammate LoL) Sprint unlock would be very helpful along with Low Armor configuration (Heck you will be running twice as long as others).

Ganz HMG is only good for those who know how to use it, if you think you are one of them and you play support a lot, then go for it.

If you fight CQ and you thihnk you have the AIM, then Clark Shotgun is a good choice as well, one well placed shot for unarmored = kill. Two shots if they are armored, but remember that shotguns in BF2142 pumps pretty fast, meaning that you will be able to unleash at least 3~4 shots before you get killed (if you miss...).

I wouldn't say anything about SL unlocks since I've only used the beacon.

Hope this helped you a little bit.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6534|Edmonton Alberta

Toni wrote:

Well I don't have bf2142 yet, but is unlocking everything for a particular class going so fast ? Coz than it is no fun if I will unlock all in 3 months ?
well at first the unlocks come very very fast like you can unlock a whole class in about 1-2 hours

i would go up to the active camo then choose some other class to specialize in Field Upgrades FTW
Toni
+4|6563
Ok just got the bf 2142 and now I know that this isn't the proper thread but still if someone can please help me with the first time LOGIN. I am a BF2 Veteran and some people seem to have problems with the wrong login process. Can someone please tell me what's the right thing to do ?

Thank you
Talon
+341|6760
Can you stop hijacking my thread, please? Use the search feature and all will be revealed.

Lambert could be a good choice if you were playing BF2 and you liked playing as Special Forces. However, you should not expect the accuracy that you saw from M4 in BF2. Camo is fun to use BUT currently its more like 'FREE POINT HERE' sign if not used properly (DICE is patching BF2142 so that camo will be much better, just like the demo time).
I never like SpecOps that much. I always preferred assault, so maybe its not the way for me. Plus, it doesn't come with a medic hub which is incredibly useful for self-healing.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6645|Malibu

Talon wrote:

Can you stop hijacking my thread, please? Use the search feature and all will be revealed.

I never like SpecOps that much. I always preferred assault, so maybe its not the way for me. Plus, it doesn't come with a medic hub which is incredibly useful for self-healing.
If you like healing, go for the Advanced Med Hub, you will heal much faster with that thing. Also it is a passive unlock so you do not have to waste space equipping it.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
get the Zeller if your good at sniping....

the Clark looks nice too cuz most of the maps are kinda close quarter with alleys and stuff
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6667|Sydney, Australia
If you want to attack the titan, then go with the Lambert. Its awesome in combat plus the c4 allows you to destroy the consoles.

The Baur. Very strong, very accurate great weapon for defending and attacking on the ground.

I haven't been to happy with grenades. There no were near as good as bf2 grenades (thank god) so i wouldn't unlock them.

if i want starting again, i would unlock the speacil ops side. Then the assualt then the paddles, medic hub then get the grenades and sprint.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
Either Zeller or Clark. The Zeller is realllly good, and the equipment that comes in the Clark tree is really good. And the Clark is good.
Riddick51PB
+21|6508|Lincoln.ne.us
you've already got 2 sniper rifles, i'd go for the Lambert.  after that i'd go after the zeller.  that's how i did it.
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6683|UK
Agreed, even tho your not a massive fan of recon/spec ops the lambert is a great weapon, high r.o.f, good power considering and you get the added bonus of being cloaked so as to get nice and close then blast away with your shiny new carbine. Other than that i'd go for the zeller, nice power, higher accuracy and zoom with the upgrades = sniper heaven.

Hope it helps

J
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
Either Lambert or Ganz. For experience I say that the Lambert is the best weapon for conquest maps with alot of CQCX and there is no better weapon for titan defending than the ganz. And the items for both trees are IMO the best non-weapon unlocks in the game, next to the passive global ones.

Last edited by doctastrangelove1964 (2006-10-27 08:15:30)

Rubix-Cubes
+123|6655|UK
i chose to go with the assult locks 1st, mainly because its the kit i used least in bf2, so i thought i would give it a bash, but to be hounest, i think its good to have a mixture of all, as one min your trying to go up againnst infantry, and the next your fighting  your butt cheecks against a bloody walker, so its handy to have emp gear whilst ya buddy is trying to lay rdx on its legs, so deff a mixture for me
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6705|Antarctica
Get the 2 sprint upgrades for sure.
Talon
+341|6760
Thanks for all input - just a note to a lot of you: I never play Titan, as I said in the first post.

Does anyone here have the Voss and Baur, and can provide a comparison? I have the Baur and defibs, so the Voss is only 3 unlocks away, but I've heard concernes about its performance at range.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6520
Sprint.
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6683|UK

Talon wrote:

Thanks for all input - just a note to a lot of you: I never play Titan, as I said in the first post.

Does anyone here have the Voss and Baur, and can provide a comparison? I have the Baur and defibs, so the Voss is only 3 unlocks away, but I've heard concernes about its performance at range.
Alot of people say the voss sucks at range but i find that its great, can put a quick succession of 6-8 shots at long range and take someone out no problems. As for short range, well, 40 bullets with a high r.o.f, nuff said! never lost a short range fight when i have the voss, unlike the baur which has a major deviation when on full-auto.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
Now when I look back on things, I would have gotten the Voss probaly instead of the Baur.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6590|Your attic

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Indeed, and as there is a glitch with the sprint upgrades you get the maxclip unlock when you unlock both of the sprint upgrades.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6646|Peoria
For Squad Leader unlocks, I see little point in getting any more past the beacon. They really need to fix the drones to make them worth using. I also see little point in going past the 3rd unlock on the abilities tree, as you need better weapons more than you need a bigger clip and extra nades (Unless you play alot of engineer, if you do, then go up to four, don't get the extra nade).

if you play conquest on the front lines, I would suggest the Lambert and the Clark. If you don't play the front lines, I would suggest the Zellar tree and a mix of support unlocks.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Towelly wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Indeed, and as there is a glitch with the sprint upgrades you get the maxclip unlock when you unlock both of the sprint upgrades.
that shit still works?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6590|Your attic

spawnofthemist wrote:

Towelly wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

that shit still works?
Да, I even reported it during the beta.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard