mitch212k
in need of a new gfx card - donations welcome
+2|6447
hey all,

OK so my clan server is with rackage so the BR demo's must be d-loaded from a site on the net. I  can get the files no problem and put them into the correct directory.

however, when i view the file it loads up - begins to verify client data then CTD's ... wtf is going on ?

also another guy from my clan can view the same files no problem ... what am i doing wrong?

thanks, Mitch
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6652|Derby, England

mitch212k wrote:

hey all,

OK so my clan server is with rackage so the BR demo's must be d-loaded from a site on the net. I  can get the files no problem and put them into the correct directory.

however, when i view the file it loads up - begins to verify client data then CTD's ... wtf is going on ?

also another guy from my clan can view the same files no problem ... what am i doing wrong?

thanks, Mitch
Look at settings also whats your PC specs ?
mitch212k
+2|6447
P4 with HT 3.0 ghz CPU
1.5 gig ddr400 ram
128 mb X300 lol
integrated graphics
80 gig SATA HD
Breez
+937|6652|Derby, England

mitch212k wrote:

P4 with HT 3.0 ghz CPU
1.5 gig ddr400 ram
128 mb X300 lol
integrated graphics
80 gig SATA HD
Ok that looks good have u asked the guy where is puting his files ? and when u login to BF2 do u go to comunity and hit download now ?
mitch212k
+2|6447
my files are going in2 the right directory : C:\Documents and Settings\mitchell\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default/Demos

"OK so my clan server is with rackage so the BR demo's must be d-loaded from a site on the net. I  can get the files no problem and put them into the correct directory." - they're d-loaded from the net
NaziPredator
+41|6485|Luton -WorstTownInBritain-
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6416|Indianapolis, IN
My first assumption would be; you don't have a correct player or some type of codec/plugin to view the files.
mitch212k
+2|6447
thanks for the link nazi , but i can't actually view the videos - it CTD's everytime
Breez
+937|6652|Derby, England

mitch212k wrote:

thanks for the link nazi , but i can't actually view the videos - it CTD's everytime
Run it in Windows mode and post up screen shot of the Error message
mitch212k
+2|6447
windows mode?

it CTD's so there is no error message? - if that's what u meant m8
Breez
+937|6652|Derby, England

mitch212k wrote:

windows mode?

it CTD's so there is no error message? - if that's what u meant m8
CDT ( Crash To Desktop ) Running BF2 in windows mode will give you error message if you don't know how to run it in windows mode this is how its done

Right click BF2.exe and go properties, now look for BF2 path and change full screen from 1 to 0 or if its the other way round do it the other way, if you don't have anything that seas Full screen, you should have drop down box seine run as > changed that to Minimized, that should start BF2 in windows Mode, ( I.E Half screen instead if full screen) Now do what you doing and this time when you crash, you should receive error message, take a screen shot of it and post it here.

Peace Boris
mitch212k
+2|6447
ok ty 4 help so far
this is the error message :

https://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7663/ctderroroi2.gif

mean anything to you?
Breez
+937|6652|Derby, England

That sounds like BF2 editor Error you trying to make a map ? If so you should of told me that from start

anyways....

What settings is your BF2 running if its all on High put it all on low if its all on low put it on medium

Basicly put 3 different settings and try and see if it will work

First low
Then Medium
Then High

See if you still get a crash :-)

If it does check out this

http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?sh … rk+manager

Then This

http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?sh … rk+manager

Then this

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/archive … -3140.html

Greets Boris
mitch212k
+2|6447
dude, i'm  NOT making a map - i just want to view my BR files from my clans SF server - that's it!

also, all my settings are low - AA/dynamic lighting/shadows OFF most on low and geometry/texture and 1 other medium
|XA|ASSASIN
+-2|6558
if you get a CTD after the loading it meens that the match you played is played with an older patch version.

for example if your demo is played with patch 1.3 and you now have 1.4 installed it wont play it.
mitch212k
+2|6447
but it was recorder with 1.4 and is being played with 1.4 - the demo's only a week or two old and some are newer than that
mitch212k
+2|6447
settings for video are as follows :

https://img274.imageshack.us/img274/7060/settingstk1.gif

i am NOT map making- just viewing regular BR files from my clans regular SF server!

thanks, mitch
Breez
+937|6652|Derby, England

you mind posting the file so I can test it ? also have u tried doing settings like I told u see if it will crash ? first sett everyhing on low ( as in video settings ) Then medium , then high see if it will crash on 3 different settings each time.
mitch212k
+2|6447
bad, after turning all my gfx settings to low/off it's working fine !

thankyou vry much for all the help man i owe you one

thanks, mitch
Breez
+937|6652|Derby, England

mitch212k wrote:

bad, after turning all my gfx settings to low/off it's working fine !

thankyou vry much for all the help man i owe you one

thanks, mitch
Glad it worked out for u bro

Peace Boris

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard