caleqs
+9|6720
OMG, I thought I'd go ahead and work on getting my basic anti-tank badge, just for kicks. I usually play Spec Ops or Assault or even Medic. Holy crap, what a piece of S**T the AT gun is. I can't kill anyone with it! I played three games and couldn't even get the damn badge!! So frustrating.
RugBurn007
+1|6754
Yep, you have to be in good squad to work on that one.  Lotsa guys love it though.  The missle kicks ass as a sniper rifle.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6756|Malaga, EspaƱa
calm down m8.

the standard gun is crap i know mp5 and the pp19 or sumthing like that are crappy
instead of killing people with bullets, nail an rocket up his ass good hit means hes dead
or wait untill u achieved an higher rank and unlock the DAO-12 thats the better gun to kill people
or go into a TANK/APC and shoot around...even if u lose ur tank coz its get blown up by an enemy armor jump out before he blows and take ur rocket launcher and blow up the enemy armor (if u hit more than twice while u where in a tank)
Scorpian65
+14|6751
If you cant kill anyone with the gun, then choose AT kit and take commander. Arty 10 peeps and you got your badge.
caleqs
+9|6720
Yeah, the upgrade will be a nice treat, but I hardly ever play AT. My typical play style is to go cap a flag or two and then set up in ambush for unsuspecting enemies. I have to be a really good shot with my rifle (carbine) to be successful (and I am). Not having the ability to do what I am so good at is very difficult.

But I guess figuring out the AT class will round me out a bit. I'll do the tank/apc thing instead of setting up ambushes. Good idea.
dalfiuss
+1|6843
caleqs: yeah, just get in some armor and kill people, it should be rather easy to get the award.  The AT SMG is a piece of crap, and early on I found myself using my pistol more often than it.

Scorpian65:  I am pretty sure the commander arty thing doesnt work anymore, as you don't actually get credited with arty kills in game anymore.  I am not sure if they do translate to your stats, but they definitly dont show up in the score screen in game.
Opiate
+0|6738|Ontario, Canada
Arty kills count as global kills. But they don't show up during the game. And yes you can get badges with them. Actually they count as kills in whatever vehicle you are in (yes that means tank).
Sud
+0|6760
You'll find the one on MEC to be a lot better, considering it has more bullets and is functionally the same in every other way.

Otherwise think of this thing as a melee weapon and just fill people up with it.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-16 08:24:18)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6748|Salt Lake City

Yeah, the MP5 you get as the default AT weapon is major shitty.  That DAO12 was my first unlock.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6768|United States of America
I still havent unlocked the DAO-12  I'm perfectly fine with the MP5 and PP-19.  Heck my K:d ratio is over 1 with AT and I havent used the DAO-12 once.
caleqs
+9|6720

Miller wrote:

I still havent unlocked the DAO-12  I'm perfectly fine with the MP5 and PP-19.  Heck my K:d ratio is over 1 with AT and I havent used the DAO-12 once.
How have you managed that?
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6756

caleqs wrote:

Yeah, the upgrade will be a nice treat, but I hardly ever play AT. My typical play style is to go cap a flag or two and then set up in ambush for unsuspecting enemies. I have to be a really good shot with my rifle (carbine) to be successful (and I am). Not having the ability to do what I am so good at is very difficult.

But I guess figuring out the AT class will round me out a bit. I'll do the tank/apc thing instead of setting up ambushes. Good idea.
You're one of those people that plague the game.  You NEVER want to be AT EVER, and when a tank rolls in, it's up to 1 or 2 people to realize that rockets work better than assault rifles... I've seen people just spawn and get killed time after time because they don't want to use the AT gun... BS.  Play AT, no matter what gun you have... your team and your K/D ratio will thank you.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6746|Oslo, Norway
the commander arty thing still works, thats hhow i got basic sniper and veteran support. both of them were after the new patch.
{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6741|Winnipeg, Manitoba
RedFiercare, you sound like the kinda guy I can relate to... I used to use the AT on my old profile then I stopped palying for awhile and came bak as a medic and got some kills an alot of deathes...
caleqs
+9|6720

RedFiercare wrote:

You're one of those people that plague the game.  You NEVER want to be AT EVER, and when a tank rolls in, it's up to 1 or 2 people to realize that rockets work better than assault rifles... I've seen people just spawn and get killed time after time because they don't want to use the AT gun... BS.  Play AT, no matter what gun you have... your team and your K/D ratio will thank you.
Hi Red, I think you have me wrong. I *do* play AT when I see the need to. I will always respawn as AT when I get killed by armour and I believe I'll have the oppty to take him out. Sometimes I'll respawn as Spec Ops if I think the C4 approach will be more expedient. I never just respawn as something else hoping the big bad tank is not there any more.

That's why I'm only now realizing why the AT rifle sucks. Every time I've played AT its been to deal with armour in a particular situation. So I've never really had to rely on the rifle. 

I'm sorry you're frustrated, but your venting on me is misplaced. Calling me a plague on the game is inappropriate.
Sud
+0|6760
SMGs aren't THAT bad if you restrict their use only to when its appropriate.

I have a positive ratio with SMG but negative overall with antitank, and that's mainly because your team won't give you anything resembling support when a tank is around. They run like a bunch of cowards, as does the tank, leaving you open to all the enemy infantry hanging around the tank.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6748|Salt Lake City

Sud wrote:

SMGs aren't THAT bad if you restrict their use only to when its appropriate.

I have a positive ratio with SMG but negative overall with antitank, and that's mainly because your team won't give you anything resembling support when a tank is around. They run like a bunch of cowards, as does the tank, leaving you open to all the enemy infantry hanging around the tank.
I know that feeling very well.  AT is my most played kit.
nating75
+0|6789
I have nothing but the utmost respect for AT's. I used to think they were hacks using the RPG on infantry and overpowering people with DAO but after walking in their shoes, you guys  rock. You can kill me with your RPG any day.

I got all the basic badges in just 1 round. I thought (stupid me) AT was going to be a piece of cake. Hell no, took me 2 rounds (luckily), the first round I got slaughtered the second round I barely made it before the round ended. And everytime I spawn in as an AT to take out an annoying tank I can't reach with C4, I get one friggin' RPG off then wammo I'm dead.

Cheers to all you AT's out there.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-12-16 12:11:55)

idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6739|Debris From Space
There is a way to get the badge, you don't actually have to get 10 kills on foot, you can get in a tank or heli and kill 10 people that way. Or camp in a car turret.
Esker
+1|6739
Bare in mind the SMG in BF2 was intended only for defence at close quarters, not for running in blasting people with. Admittedly you can do it and I do it sometimes when I get bored but the MP5 is by no means a shit gun.  the worst I'd say is the chinese smg though.

AT's are good, just bare in mind AT's are designed to kill vehicles at range. Remember to bear the vehicle weaknesses in mind when firing an AT otherwise you'll be moaning about the AT being a piece of shit...

Last edited by Esker (2005-12-16 13:53:18)

AFlyingNun
+0|6732
I think the US AT gun actually is THE worst assault rifle.

Play as MEC, the MEC guns are all good. Otherwise, wait to unlock the DAO-12, definetly a good unlock.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6832
LOL I feel like I'm shooting plastic bb's and the weapon is made of plastic when I use the MP5.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6771|Denmark

caleqs wrote:

OMG, I thought I'd go ahead and work on getting my basic anti-tank badge, just for kicks. I usually play Spec Ops or Assault or even Medic. Holy crap, what a piece of S**T the AT gun is. I can't kill anyone with it! I played three games and couldn't even get the damn badge!! So frustrating.
Use the Antitank rockets vs. Infantry.. trust me it works..
Sud
+0|6760
The chinese SMG sure gets my vote for worst looking gun

best looking gun = the sexy pkm
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6781|Human Meat Shield
Yeah the rocket launcher works against infantry, trust me, I know.

It's really funny when you actually see it coming and you still just stand there admiring the shiny rocket, the nice flame coming out and above all, the awesome smoke trail, I still admire it when the counter is about 3 seconds to go to respawn.

Last edited by imdead (2005-12-16 17:24:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard