Doktorbob
+26|6490
NIght maps are my least favorite.  Others are great.
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6559
^^Bitch

night maps own....i Love Leviathen (64) not full on infy only

the best....as for worst...Devils perch and night flight
ZimiZuhu
+11|6661
I think night flight is the worst one, but it's my least played map so maybe I would like it if I'd played it more...
Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6570

basetballjones wrote:

My least fav is Night Flight, it's a very confusing map and things are ...scattered.

As far as Gator goes, I prefer to start on the MEC side.. not only do you get an uncap, but with two choppers, APC, tungaska, several boats.. 
Let me just put it simply, if you cannot overpower the essex with skill and determination, you are doing something wrong.  Regroup, replan, reconoiter, and try again..

Hint-  don't stop at the engine room, go to the mess hall with a squad leader and just spawn the attack from there.
It all depends on the teams for Gator dude.... Whoever takes the HIND has got to be pretty good at piloting to do any good for the team.

If you cant get your team on the same page your kinda fucked, you need folks to spawn on squad leaders etc...

I can get on the essex almost 90% of the time at the bginning of the round, usually as S/L too, I take the hanger bay flags first since theyre inside the ship and are away from the APACHE, cuz if the seals have even a decent APACHE pilot MEC has its work cut out for them
Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6570

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Iron Gator.

All I can remember from that map is choppers circle straffing the deck, killing everything. Hell, they even started flying inside the f-ing carrier, mowing people down inside.
HEY!!!! I do that... Just to show off though to be honest, one or two A/T guys easily down a chopper inside the hanger. Its fun to do, but extremely risky.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium
The only SF map I don't like would be Night Flight.

All the others are great, Leviathan and Devils Perch rock, and Surge, Mass Destruction and Iron Gator are very good as well.

Warlord is good, but it's like karkand, servers run it all the time so you get bored of the map real quickly. Ghost Town's a bit too small, I always end up being artillery fodder.
Ssandstorm
+73|6736|Perth, Western Australia
Surge is teh gay, 17 tanks and apcs for each team ruins inf combat.

And i cant understand why most players bag the night maps. Is green such a hard colour to view the world through, all the night maps are perfect for infantry combat and are best for getting knife kills. Stop bagging the night maps and go see an optometrist.

Last edited by Ssandstorm (2006-10-29 04:16:46)

david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6741|Comber, Northern Ireland
surge rocks u homos! well personally i think that ghost town is pretty shit
greenhaven
+47|6467
There aren't any bad SF maps. Warlord is overplayed but it's not bad, I just had a great round on Warlord.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6741|Comber, Northern Ireland
yea warlord is good every once in a while, but i think that if ur pc can handle it, nothing beats a round on Iron gator with 32 people
Tro0per
Take off, hosers
+24|6418|Ontario, Canada
My vote would be Ghost Town
Trouble69
+1|6635|WA, Australia
Before I reply to this my stats and play time on each SF map are as follows -

Devil's Perch        03:32:05      BR - 73      W/L Ratio - 1.13
The Iron Gator     86:18:29       BR - 160    W/L Ratio - 0.45
Night Flight         03:28:45        BR -  47     W/L Ratio - 0.86
Warlord         97:24:48        BR -  338   W/L Ratio - 1.25
Leviathan         01:52:17        BR -  45     W/L Ratio - 0.67
Mass Destruction 82:46:32     BR - 125    W/L Ratio - 0.79
Surge                   77:54:33          BR - 107    W/L Ratio - 0.66
Ghost Town        94:21:29       BR - 144    W/L Ratio - 0.85

I don't think I've played enough of the night maps to make a proper judgement on them and the only reason for that is that not many servers that give me a ping under 200 run the night maps. I don't place too much emphasis on the W/L ratio since that really only depends on whether or not people play as a team. From my stats you'd think I absolutely love playing Warlord but it is starting to get a bit old. Surge is okay if I can get to my preferred spot on the map but the first round I always miss the first couple of minutes of the round because of the amount of time it takes to load up. Mass Destruction is okay and is fairly balanced, Iron Gator can be a pain if the MEC do not get a foothold on the ship and that is probably the reason why I would judge it to be my least favoured map since it is totally unbalanced. Ghost Town is my favourite map of all and it is very rare that I get killed even once on that map, the spot I always use is well protected even from arty and enables me to pot the SAS at will. The kits I use on the maps are as follows - Ghost Town and Surge - Sniper; Mass Destruction, Warlord and Iron Gator - Support. Personally, I don't think there is a bad SF map but Iron Gator would be my least favoured.
gutted1504
+1|6451|Heilbronx, Germany

Ir0n-M@n wrote:

ALL!!! GNAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

vanilla roxx!
you really played SF lots of time, to be precise 0.0 h. You can really judge...
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6798|Barrington, RI
Night Flight and Devils Perch. I ahte the fucking cliffs on that map. my nightvision kicks out and i fall off.
gutted1504
+1|6451|Heilbronx, Germany

Trouble69 wrote:

Before I reply to this my stats and play time on each SF map are as follows -

Devil's Perch        03:32:05      BR - 73      W/L Ratio - 1.13
The Iron Gator     86:18:29       BR - 160    W/L Ratio - 0.45
Night Flight         03:28:45        BR -  47     W/L Ratio - 0.86
Warlord         97:24:48        BR -  338   W/L Ratio - 1.25
Leviathan         01:52:17        BR -  45     W/L Ratio - 0.67
Mass Destruction 82:46:32     BR - 125    W/L Ratio - 0.79
Surge                   77:54:33          BR - 107    W/L Ratio - 0.66
Ghost Town        94:21:29       BR - 144    W/L Ratio - 0.85

I don't think I've played enough of the night maps to make a proper judgement on them and the only reason for that is that not many servers that give me a ping under 200 run the night maps. I don't place too much emphasis on the W/L ratio since that really only depends on whether or not people play as a team. From my stats you'd think I absolutely love playing Warlord but it is starting to get a bit old. Surge is okay if I can get to my preferred spot on the map but the first round I always miss the first couple of minutes of the round because of the amount of time it takes to load up. Mass Destruction is okay and is fairly balanced, Iron Gator can be a pain if the MEC do not get a foothold on the ship and that is probably the reason why I would judge it to be my least favoured map since it is totally unbalanced. Ghost Town is my favourite map of all and it is very rare that I get killed even once on that map, the spot I always use is well protected even from arty and enables me to pot the SAS at will. The kits I use on the maps are as follows - Ghost Town and Surge - Sniper; Mass Destruction, Warlord and Iron Gator - Support. Personally, I don't think there is a bad SF map but Iron Gator would be my least favoured.
You played 200h in the SAS theater, this should make you play about 100h SAS, but actually you only played 15h as SAS. Can you give me the reason for always switching to the opponent team? I feel that in warlord the SAS is slightly disadvantaged, but maybe you can get me a better reason. And plz tell me your secret sniper spot :-) ....
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6677|Kingswood Country
The night maps are gold for infantry. Love stalking people on Devil's perch or Night Flight.

6 months ago I would have said ghost town for worst - mainly because I'd always end up joining during Ghost, and automatically end up on the side getting pwnt into their base. Iron Gator can be a quiet (see Wake Island) type map if the MEC has no idea, and end up never making it to the carrier.

I'd probably have to rate Surge as the least interesting, but having said that - would still play it over most of the aircraft-rape vanilla maps.
Trouble69
+1|6635|WA, Australia

gutted1504 wrote:

You played 200h in the SAS theater, this should make you play about 100h SAS, but actually you only played 15h as SAS. Can you give me the reason for always switching to the opponent team? I feel that in warlord the SAS is slightly disadvantaged, but maybe you can get me a better reason. And plz tell me your secret sniper spot :-) ....
I don't usually switch its just that I stick with what side I'm originally placed with and during the map rotation that simply means I don't end up on the SAS side. The SAS are slightly disadvantaged on Warlord especially if the Insurgents can hold onto the TV station (since from there it is fairly central to all the other flags on the map) and this is fairly easy if you have a squad that works as a team. The TV station is like a light to moths for the SAS and they will keep trying to take it even if they are getting potted in great numbers. Personally, if I were on the SAS team I'd head straight for the Palace and leave the TV station until last since it is hard to take if it is defended properly by a squad of three (support, medic and special ops). I'm not giving away my sniper spot since then I'd have to fight people for it, in all the time I've played the map I haven't seen one person in my spot which is strange because you don't have to worry about covering your arse with claymores and you have a great field of vision while being protected from arty. The way I see it the sniper's job is not to capture flags but to defend them from a distance and to spot for your team. Sure this results in a lower score per round but you earn every point you get and besides I don't really play for the score just a good KDR and at present mine is reasonable.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
Iron Gator sucks!! I can never find me way inside the damn carrier!! FFS!!!
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium
Thats because your st00pid
XISIX
+116|6617
Agreed on various points.

Think on several maps that speed at beginning is key. 

On Iron Gator - if MEC your side needs get choppers in air + jetskis racing cross water immediately.
Pinned down equals slaughter-fest.

On Warlord - almost predictable for SAS to race for Plaza.
Instead if cap Palace Security point you can get another tank if it [re]spawns.  From this position -
cut back to
Palace for APC/destroy commander assets, over to Mosque or work your way back.
If you can attack from more than 1 direction simultaneously - put enemy at greater disadvantage.

Last edited by XISIX (2006-11-08 13:34:37)

samfink
+31|6557
yeah, really on warlord, either circle down from the parachute spawn to land wehere the usually unused  ATV and civillian car spawn or spawn on the construction site, and circle back to take the palace fromthe back, and fight downward. reason is that all the nseaky apssageways the  Insurgents use are avalible to you to take stuff quickly ( you can even sneak from the mosque to the TV station to get in the back way, then if you've capped the palace area, then the Insurgents have insurgent hideout and plaza 9 if they're lucky) and thne it's game over practically as youcan spawn half the team at ther parachute spawn to cap the plaza, then go whole team at the insurgent hideout nit letting ANY insurgents out. then you'lleventually get some people up onot the flag platform, then get one person manning the mounted MG and clear the way for the rest of the SLs to get up there, then the rest of the team spawns on them- instant cap. then have the team fan out and root out the insurgents, and game over, SAS win.
BluRR33
+27|6389|Sweden
LooL i hate The iron gator! i cant find to the Flags   it's a confused map!

https://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/12/69876662.png

Last edited by BluRR33 (2006-11-22 11:54:44)

Tro0per
Take off, hosers
+24|6418|Ontario, Canada
gator rules, never take the outside flags as mec first, make your way in and cap the mess hall/engine room first since there on the same level and work your way up. If your team manages to push the seals outside of the carrier its easy pickins for the chopper

Last edited by Tro0per (2006-11-23 07:39:27)

commissargizz
+123|6465| Heaven
Iron Gator too laggy and I get lost lol
should have done a poll
=5th=gun_guru
+0|6399|Ontario Canada
well the worst map is probably iron gator i find it pretty boring

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard