kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA

TeamZephyr wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

I said do you speaka mah language..............................

karma if you finish
and he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

and he said, "do you come from the land down under?"
so do the women really blow or did i just hear the lyrics wrong?

what is vegemite anyway, is it like beans or something?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
Gah, butter only dilutes it!

TBH, I think the coolest thing about vegemite is telling tourists that it's "kind of like peanut butter", then watching them spread it nice and thick............
Chou
+737|6792

TeamZephyr wrote:

In all seriousness though I think it's pretty funny that a country that allows people to eat McDonalds trys to ban a spread that is known as "one of the world's richest sources of Vitamin B"
Welcome to Amazed "R" Us
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6651|Keyboard
basetballjones got owned so hard that he hasn't replied
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ

kr@cker wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

karma if you finish

It's "where women glow and men chunder"

Sometimes we hear what we want to hear, ay?
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6742

How can you Ban Vegimite?

You Assholes.....
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ

Bubbalo wrote:

Gah, butter only dilutes it!

TBH, I think the coolest thing about vegemite is telling tourists that it's "kind of like peanut butter", then watching them spread it nice and thick............
Reminds me of watching telly in Japan, and seeing a segment about "international differences in tastes for food" or somesuch. They went around in Australia getting people to try umeboshi (them little pickled plum things). Then they went around in Japan getting unsuspecting passers-by to try Vegemite, and giving them a whole spoonful. Extreme entertainment value.

I don't even like Vegemite. Promite FTW!

*dons flame-retardant suit and ducks for cover*
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6677|Kingswood Country
Despite being Ozzie - I can't stand the shite.

As far as I can tell, it is used mostly as a way of exporting the crap left over from primary refining processes, in the same way as spam is a way of using all the leftover giblets from dead animals.

Only time I have seen an open jar in the last decade was for a special military 'initiation' where there was no handy boot polish to apply to a scrotum. Actually, in hindsight, that may have something to do with why I can't stand the sight/smell of it now...
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562

Ekfud wrote:

Only time I have seen an open jar in the last decade was for a special military 'initiation' where there was no handy boot polish to apply to a scrotum.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that boot polish can be used as a replacement for vegemite, as well.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6677|Kingswood Country

Bubbalo wrote:

Ekfud wrote:

Only time I have seen an open jar in the last decade was for a special military 'initiation' where there was no handy boot polish to apply to a scrotum.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that boot polish can be used as a replacement for vegemite, as well.
Gold.

Btw - I love how this got started under 'debate and serious talk'.
Chou
+737|6792

J=MAN wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

It's "where women glow and men chunder"

Sometimes we hear what we want to hear, ay?
That song was pretty nice
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6659|Australia
Vegemite on Jatz FTW!

Excluding that, vegemite on toast is the best.

Men at Work: Land Down Under - Awesome song. One of the best IMO
OpsChief
+101|6677|Southern California
it's obvious why it was banned from the US. I found the answer plain as day in Webster's.

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English - Cite This Source Main Entry:   Vegemite
Part of Speech:   noun
Definition:   a type of salty vegetable and yeast paste used as a spread
Usage:   UK and Australia

You see there in plain english, UK and Australia. It was never supposed to be here in America. Besides Americans don't need another source of vitamin B they are all perfectly healthy so it must be an insidious plot to undermine our gruel industry.

Man! First Croco Dundee tries to usurp Dirty Harry now this vegemite!!! we had to stop it

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-10-25 23:23:04)

TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6530|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

OpsChief wrote:

Besides Americans don't need another source of vitamin B they are all perfectly healthy
Oh yeah, which explains why you're one of the most obese countries in the world.

Land Down Under is one of the greatest songs ever, I remember when I went on exchange to Germany me and the other Aussies would sit up the back and sing it loud. The Germans had absolute NO IDEA what was going on.

Go the vegemite, the definition of a real man in Aus is to spread it real thick on bread, yum yum.
Deadman
+34|6443|England

TeamZephyr wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

karma if you finish

Hahahaha, nice.....I actually own a blue vinyl of that song in the shape of Australia.
Sharkbaiter
+6|6400|Australia.
LOL... they ban vegemite because it contains a natural additive.... But you can still buy fake cheese in a tube....

That does it... I say that Australia should fight back.....  Ban Days of our lives...... and David Hasselhof. (Note...I stole that comment from talk back radio in Aus.. )
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

TeamZephyr wrote:

OpsChief wrote:

Besides Americans don't need another source of vitamin B they are all perfectly healthy
Oh yeah, which explains why you're one of the most obese countries in the world.
Umm, you realise that Australia is the second most obese country, right after America? (not flaming, just asking)

Ekfud wrote:

As far as I can tell, it is used mostly as a way of exporting the crap left over from primary refining processes, in the same way as spam is a way of using all the leftover giblets from dead animals.
No, its Meat Pies that are all leftovers (and yet they still taste good )

Vegemite on Weet-Bix with Cheese FTW!
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6659|Australia

Sharkbaiter wrote:

LOL... they ban vegemite because it contains a natural additive.... But you can still buy fake cheese in a tube....

That does it... I say that Australia should fight back.....  Ban Days of our lives...... and David Hasselhof. (Note...I stole that comment from talk back radio in Aus.. )
Ban days of our lives? There would be uproar from the dole bludgers! We could see another Maquarie Fields!
TeamZephyr

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Umm, you realise that Australia is the second most obese country, right after America? (not flaming, just asking)
O Rly? Thats crazy, I had no idea we were right behind you, time to make some changes I guess.
Sharkbaiter
+6|6400|Australia.
But if you want to have weird dreams/nightmares  eat toasted cheese on vegemite before you go to bed...

I like vege in moderation..Im a thin spreader....Plus it is related to beer..another plus for me
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

TeamZephyr wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

O Rly? Thats crazy, I had no idea we were right behind you, time to make some changes I guess.
im an Aussie too.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-10-25 23:52:37)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
Actually, Australia comes after England (and, according to Wikipedia, Mexico and the Slovak Republic, but I don't trust Wikipedia).
TeamZephyr

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

im an Aussie too.
This really isn't my day.
Sharkbaiter
+6|6400|Australia.
For those of you that wonder what the hell vegemite is....

Vegemite
Chou
+737|6792

Sharkbaiter wrote:

For those of you that wonder what the hell vegemite is....

Vegemite
+1 for you buddy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard