AFlyingNun
+0|6737
Not time-wise, but for the other requirements. I'm nearing the time requirement for expert support, and I find it sad that, even though I know I can hit 40 kills with just and LMG (which I've done it several times before), even if I earn it that way any other idiot with 100 hours as support can easily get it the cheap way: Via commander artillery/tanks/helicopters.

Rather than EA's obsessive time requirements, why not change everything around so that when people see your fancy Meritorious Service Ribbon they think "Holy shit, you're one skilled player!" and not "Holy shit, how many days did you waste away on that stupid piece of shit??"

I'd like to see the basic/vet/expert Assault/anti-tank/etc. badges require 10/20/40 kills WITH KIT EQUIPMENT, making it impossible to earn with arty or tank whoring.  And rather than making the Combat Action Medal hard to get because of the 250 hour requirement, why not make arty streaks not count towards kill streaks? THEN getting a 25 kill streak would be a challenge not everyone could meet, making badges be a symbol of skill. The medals should be tough to earn based on skill, not dedication. There are plenty of obsessive players out there who will earn the badges through obession, not skill. The way things are now, I can't find a single badge that I look at and think "wow, that proves he's skilled," basically because there's either a cheap/easy way of earning them all, or all it takes is obsessive time dedication. Anyone else find this sad?

Anyone agree with me? Anyone got badge suggestions/ideas of their own??
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

Yes, too many of the BF2 awards reflect time spent playing the game, which is a nice EA tactic of keeping players grinding away (which the gameplay should be doing by itself).
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6775|06-01
kinda agree with you but i gotta admit that i got about half of my medals in a tank.........
but your idea would make things much more interesting.....
Sud
+0|6765
You think that's bad? What about the one award that requires 1000 heal, 1000 support and 1000 repair points?

Good grief. Maybe 1000 heal and support are in the realm of possibility, but 1000 repair is the equivalent to like 8000 heal or support points.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-16 02:20:01)

AFlyingNun
+0|6737

tthf wrote:

kinda agree with you but i gotta admit that i got about half of my medals in a tank.........
but your idea would make things much more interesting.....
Hell, I've done it too. Not for my primary kits (like assault and support), but for the ones I never play as, just to get the basic.

But I still think things would be better if they had to be earned the "right" way.  I like the style of earning the expert pistol and expert knife. There's no way you can cheat out of using the pistol or knife for those.
AFlyingNun
+0|6737

Sud wrote:

You think that's bad? What about the one award that requires 1000 heal, 1000 support and 1000 repair points?

Good grief. Maybe 1000 heal and support are in the realm of possibility, but 1000 repair is the equivalent to like 8000 heal or support points.
Even the 1000 heals is alittle much for me. I've got the support requirement, it's easy: Anyone who's missing a single clip/nade, give them a pack and it's an instant point.

The heals, it's like every other pack you get a point, and personally I revive much more than I heal.

And yeah, the repair is ridiculous. Better find a tank whore and be his personal assistant for awhile.
Hr_Amdi
+0|6779|Denmark
I Think that the first aid expert badge takes skills - 25 heals is pretty hard if you try the right way. I have tried for 14 days now without luck. Max I have made is 22! I am not a noob nor and expert just a allround player.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6756|The Hague, Netherlands

I just got the expert first aid, and that one was damn hard to get, only 8 tickets were left in the game. pfieuw

100% Fair !

Last edited by -=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| (2005-12-16 05:15:00)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6837
Well, you're in luck! Sort of.. I'm working with chuy to impliment our idea to have BF2s.com awarded awards (that sounds funny).

He asked me to make a thread to get some idea's and help with them, but I've been keeping secret for now till I can come up with a guideline on how to go about creating them and doing it.

Plus, it's totally up to chuy to decide whether or not we'll go through with all of the idea's that came to mind, which includes ALOT of checking of stats during or sometime, when processing them which may make it not worth it, as BF2s primary purpose is to well you know.. and to really bog the system down with the task of checking stats and awarding them as well, I wouldn't want to sacrafice anything unless we can come up with a way to check stats without it using alot of resources.

It wouldnt be any sweat to check just a few peoples stats to see whether or not they are qualified for alot of new awards, but for half a million, that's alot of time and processing for the server, so we'll see.

For now, here's one of the ribbons I've made:

https://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2081/bf2spreview9st.jpg

(And yes, this one will require some insane amount of skill to achive)

And:

https://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5443/bf2spreview20hf.jpg

Finally, a Ribbon for USMC! I've also made 'vetran' type service ribbons for MEC and China.
But I'm not going to reveal them all till I've decided on how to go about the whole thing, PM me with ideas and I'll start the thread sooner or later.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-12-16 05:33:47)

philbymaris
+0|6753|Brissvegas AUST
i want them, where do you get those ribbons (are u going to submit it to EA)
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6837

philbymaris wrote:

i want them, where do you get those ribbons (are u going to submit it to EA)
No, we're thinking of having BF2s.com award you them based on requirements in your stats. So you'd only see them on BF2s.com, on your stats page and most likely in the Ubar Section.

I'm not sure if its possible to detect what was done on a per round basis, I'll have to ask chuy, so I haven't started on the actual requirements info and critiera, in fact I'd like to have the community play a role in that aspect too.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6756|The Hague, Netherlands

So , example when bf2s detacts that you have like 100 hours play time with USMC you will get that usmc ribbon showing here on the site (something like that)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6837

-=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| wrote:

So , example when bf2s detacts that you have like 100 hours play time with USMC you will get that usmc ribbon showing here on the site (something like that)
Yeah, thats the idea anyway.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6761|Vienna- Austria
like that
Reaper2325
+2|6741|New Hartford, New York
Sounds like a cool idea. 

How about a Cannon Fodder Badge, for those with an absurdly high death to kill. (ex. 10 or 15 deaths to 1 kill)
Erkut.hv
+124|6753|California
Shouldn't be a Ribbon of Honer? Semantics, I know. Good idea making it super ridiculous to get too.
Wisher1981
+1|6772|SWEDEN
This sounds like a very good idea... i have a few sugestions...

*Granade (ordinary granade) Badge or ribbon!!!
*Ribbons for spm maybe... or maybe badge there to...
*kill death ratio...
*maybe some ribbons or badges for the ordinary weapons... like 15 kills with sniper weapon.. etc ... that way u couldnt get them in a tank or heli...

*Ribbon of shame... if u tk to many people u get it... or get banned a couple of times... hmmm or would this promote tkíng...

*would realy like to see a bunnyhopping ribbon... but i guess that wouldnt work...
*A noob toob ribbon.. that would work wouldnt it... COOL .. (no i dont noob toob... cant aim with thats piece of crap )

ahhh well just thinking out loud...

Great idea though... bf2s.com ROCKS...
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6795

AFlyingNun wrote:

I'm nearing the time requirement for expert support,
You're like 32 hrs from 100 total hours and you think you're near?? That will take you close to 2 months to achieve.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6837

Erkut.hv wrote:

Shouldn't be a Ribbon of Honer? Semantics, I know. Good idea making it super ridiculous to get too.
Well no, all military 'medals' come with a corrosponding ribbon as well. Just like the purple heart. EA just just used the medal and not the ribbon for whatever reason, I'll also be making the corrosponding medal for it too, so it'll be like a two-awards-in-one kind deal for that.

https://img348.imageshack.us/img348/3686/bf2spreview40rx.jpg
AFlyingNun
+0|6737

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

AFlyingNun wrote:

I'm nearing the time requirement for expert support,
You're like 32 hrs from 100 total hours and you think you're near?? That will take you close to 2 months to achieve.
I say that, because you don't know the rate I've been playing at for the past month. That was 50 hours a week ago.
Sud
+0|6765

aflyingnun wrote:

Even the 1000 heals is alittle much for me. I've got the support requirement, it's easy: Anyone who's missing a single clip/nade, give them a pack and it's an instant point.
From calculations based on my play, support accrues ammo points at a rate about 20% more than medics get for heal points. I don't know why so many people have such low heal ratings - all it takes is remembering to get some bags tossed down in hot areas. I goofed off a lot on my account, but you should be able to get 1000 heal points in 50 hours of medic play.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6765|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

Well, you're in luck! Sort of.. I'm working with chuy to impliment our idea to have BF2s.com awarded awards (that sounds funny).

He asked me to make a thread to get some idea's and help with them, but I've been keeping secret for now till I can come up with a guideline on how to go about creating them and doing it.

Plus, it's totally up to chuy to decide whether or not we'll go through with all of the idea's that came to mind, which includes ALOT of checking of stats during or sometime, when processing them which may make it not worth it, as BF2s primary purpose is to well you know.. and to really bog the system down with the task of checking stats and awarding them as well, I wouldn't want to sacrafice anything unless we can come up with a way to check stats without it using alot of resources.

It wouldnt be any sweat to check just a few peoples stats to see whether or not they are qualified for alot of new awards, but for half a million, that's alot of time and processing for the server, so we'll see.

For now, here's one of the ribbons I've made:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2081 … iew9st.jpg

(And yes, this one will require some insane amount of skill to achive)

And:

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5443 … ew20hf.jpg

Finally, a Ribbon for USMC! I've also made 'vetran' type service ribbons for MEC and China.
But I'm not going to reveal them all till I've decided on how to go about the whole thing, PM me with ideas and I'll start the thread sooner or later.
shouldn't it be RIBBON OF HONOR?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

How'd you make those awards? They're really cool.
I agree completely with the post-starter. I didn't even know you could get the requirements in a veichle when I first got my Basic Bf2 badges. When i went for my Veteran Snipers though, i believe I only killed 1/3rd of the requirement with the Sniper kit - the rest was with an APC, (I regret it, but it was on Wetlands, i.e not a good Sniper map as such, and I wanted Vet Snipers before I got any other Vet badges, (save pistol,) because it was my very first Basic Badge. I'm very sentimental.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6732|US
Ryan_Mercury, GREAT idea.  I love it.  PLEASE try to do that.
Galen1066
+1|6777|Colo. Springs
I'd love to see EA/Dice whom ever incorp that idea into the game (ie. all badges must be earned with kit equipment) none of this b/s with using tanks and aircraft, one player I know has half the time I do in the game and has several expert badgfes already and I asked and he said I got them from flying, and he racks up a min. of 35 kills a game from just flying. but oh well, we'll see won't we.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard