Yes - Numbered 32%2% - 1
Yes - Numbered 26%6% - 3
Yes - Numbered 14%4% - 2
No.47%47% - 23
Total: 48
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6661|Brisbane, Australia

Well, just looking through the unlocks, I realised, what if you have a change of heart of game style when your halfway through ranks?

Your buggered, you have to continue in order to change your style, which may or maynot be pleasant

Its nice that you can choose your style of unlocks, but the way its made..not very smart

I personally would prefer a separate kit unlock system thing - Where, you gain points only on that kit, so as you go, you gain unlock points for it, instead of having to use unlocks at ranks, you know, like those RPG games, fable for one, where you keep using one skill, and you gain levels with it, same thing for kits

Whatever.

What I am saying is that there should be some sort of unlock reset thing, simply put, it clears all your unlock choices and then gives you your unlocks back in choice form

I would like it if there was a limit of two resets per character, one for noobish days, where you might have gone spazz and chosen a bunch of tools for kits you never use, and one for early veterans, where you might suddenly feel that you want to give up CQC and start focusing on Defence - But wait, you cant! Because you chose to have all of the Assault unlocks, and now, you have only your rockets and static AV to defend your base with! Not good...

Discuss.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6798
I favour having unlimited resets to your unlocks but having a tax on it, say for instance you lose 10% (rounded up) of your unlocks.  By now people are realising what's good and what's not worth the time it takes to click on "customize", so they'll know what they don't need to take.

The other option would be to start a new soldier when you've worked everything out.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6661|Brisbane, Australia

Unlimited with a 10% Tax on Career points sounds pretty good!
Crowly
+6|6810
I voted no, simply because you have to think before you choose. Thats one of the reasons behind field upgrades. Unlimited with just open up to much abuse, when you have about 11 or 12 unlocks, you have enough to get a complete kit and some of the player abilities. Then you just "reroll" whenever you feel like it and have access to all the unlocks on all the kits, just have to log on and off. Perhaps one "reroll" could work, but i still favor none. If you really messed up i guess you have to start a new soldier and learn from your mistakes.

You will have 16 unlocks around 4500 points, so to start over isnt that much wasted time, and its not really wasted since you learned how to play and what unlocks to choose and not choose. And you wont be to far behind in the "unlock race" either, since it takes more and more points to get another unlock. Check out this post: http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2879 for number crunching on the issue.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6671|NT, like Mick Dundee

Timed sounds good to me. I don't really care though. Once I had the sprint unlocks I'm fine with the assault and engy kits as they are.

Besides, I've made my decision. I'm going to use the support kit extensively* for a while.

*whore it
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6402
i say no as well... seriously its like an abuse of the system. its either no changes at all, or what i placed my volt in, time limited. Say, the first 10 hours of game play is the only window you get.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6694|Computer Chair
No, think before you unlock.

Exeption: Dice nerfing stuff, if that happens I wnat my unluck back.
Spiderman696
+12|6652
NO.
The points to get to the next unlock are maximum 3600. You remember BF2.  Last unlock for 30'000 and the one before 12'000. So I dont think it is a problem now. If you change your style, you need like 8'000 to get a new gun with 3 other toys. This is the interesting part about the unlocks. You have to CHOOSE!
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6711|Antarctica
I think you should be able to reset all unlock paths once per account, so if DICE nerfs stuff you wont be in trouble.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard