younggun
+28|6662

chittydog wrote:

Private Ryan was damn good. If you liked that, go rent the whole Band of Brothers series. Spielberg and Hanks made that also and it's even better than Ryan.
QFT greatest ever!
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6651|USA

reefl3x wrote:

I just saw this movie for the 1st time, and I must say i've never cryed more in my life.
I'm not a very emotional person at all, and I sort of felt embarassed crying, but I really couldn't help it. I felt a serious attachment to alot of the soldiers in the movie. When Tom Hanks died at the end I lost it. I've never cryed so much in my life.

Steven Speilberg will never make another movie as good as Saving private Ryan, simply because a movie can't get any better.

My hats off to you Mr. Speilberg.
Your a pussy
Fadediesel
+15|6434|Emmaus, Pennsylvania

Naughty_Om wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

I just saw this movie for the 1st time, and I must say i've never cryed more in my life.
I'm not a very emotional person at all, and I sort of felt embarassed crying, but I really couldn't help it. I felt a serious attachment to alot of the soldiers in the movie. When Tom Hanks died at the end I lost it. I've never cryed so much in my life.

Steven Speilberg will never make another movie as good as Saving private Ryan, simply because a movie can't get any better.

Your a pussy
Stfu dude, some people find it sad, some do not.  This doesnt mean you have the right to call him a pussy.
You = /fail

Last edited by Fadediesel (2006-10-24 18:19:20)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6651|USA

Fadediesel wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

Your a pussy
Stfu dude, some people find it sad, some do not.  This doesnt mean you have the right to call him a pussy.
You = /fail
Ok, ok ok. your right. he is entitled to his Vagina-"ness". that movie = good. but not tear jerker. Whats sad is "whats eating gilbert Grape" that movie is that shit.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6497

PspRpg-7 wrote:

{XpLiCiTxX} wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

I'm laughing at you so hard I'm nearly crying. hahahahahah
Here we observe a douchebag in his natural habitat.
If you look closer  he is about to mate with himself... something rarely seen outside captivity.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6692|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I found Black Hawk Down more touching where the injured soldier lies in a room to distract the "skinny's".  He looks at a picture of his family knowing he is about to be butchered.  They kill him by rifle-butting him I believe.

Any one Wild Geese when the war is in Africa, just at the end when they are bording the plane as it goes down the run way and one man gets shot. Touching moment too.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6798|Great Brown North

1927 wrote:

I found Black Hawk Down more touching where the injured soldier lies in a room to distract the "skinny's".  He looks at a picture of his family knowing he is about to be butchered.  They kill him by rifle-butting him I believe.
erm i think i remember the part you're talking about... he isnt killed just knocked out

and he was there to cover the backs of the deltas a believe they were

and he was a pilot

Last edited by krazed (2006-10-25 02:42:43)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6674|Brisbane, Australia

eyesteponbabies wrote:

I didnt cry but the movie was good, especially when the guy takes off his helmet and gets sniped in the forehead. Awsome scene. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, reeflex.
Wait, that sounds suprisingly similar to the movie "Enemy At The Gates"

Roflsnipermovie.
HM1{N}
+86|6663|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

Executiator wrote:

Go see "Click" with Adam Sandler and Christopher Walken..
Yeah, that will make you cry also.
zeidmaan
+234|6433|Vienna

if we are talking about war movies than watch "No Mans Land". THat movie will give you chills.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283509/

Its not a special effects Hollywood flick, but dont wory its not low budget "gay cowboys eating pudding" eaither.
It won the Oscar in 2002 for best foreign movie and best screenplay in Cannes.
Sandriatinhi
+15|6666|Apeldoorn, Holland
I prefer Shaving Ryan's Privates!

No seriously, have u ever seen Hamburger Hill?
I love that movie...

Last edited by Sandriatinhi (2006-10-25 05:17:11)

hilltop2bit
+9|6595|Doctor Evils Lair, Near You!
This was a great movie and i must admit it made me feel a little sad near the end. The plight of the soldiers in one of the greatest wars ever on the planet  was well shown. Millions of people and families were torn apart over the wants of fascism and democracy. Great film I have watched it over 8 times over the years and have a collectors copy.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6491|Kakanien
fuck that declamatory, pathetic american suck-ass movie!
same with black hawk down
only the camera-work is nice
apocalypse now ftw!
CaptainMack
Ye Ol'e Pirate Pub<3
+5|6449|#bf2s (Just next to maef)
Shaving Private Ryan
HM1{N}
+86|6663|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
Widjerd
I like sausage
+18|6559|Bristol UK

CaptainMack wrote:

Shaving Private Ryan
shaving ryans privates
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6610|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Zulu FTW
Christmas is coming, so I get to watch ZULU AGAIN.
The bastards they're taunting us"
"Ha Ha Ha you couldm't be more wrong they're saluting you"
We were soldiers was a bit of a tear jerker, but not the war bit, his MRS at home having to tell all the wives that they are now a widow was sad.
Thin Red Line not very good IMO.
Saving Private Ryan is great don't remember it being sad.

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-10-25 08:09:41)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6692|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I love Zulu and Zulu 2, Zulu Dawn.  I try n get the family to watch it but they don't have none of it. How dare they, all them WELSH GUARDS fighting all those Zulu's.

At football we sing Men of Harlech, well humm it and thats from the film.  They even play the "roll call" just before kick off.

Word has it, the pouches they wore just infront of there "jewels" contained a drug with hypnotised them into some kind of fearless frenzie and thats why they showed no fear.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6662

=W=GeneralSherman wrote:

apparently u ppl have never seen Glory
greatest movie ever made. saw it in the theatres when it came out and i was only about 5 or 6 but I still remember walking out that movie theatre with that shitty/bad ass feeling.

not much into war movies anymore.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-10-25 08:20:37)

Watermeleon
+34|6552|I am located at my location
I hate that movie. It made me think you could blow up a tank with a pistol. When I tested this out in BF2, however, I came for some untimely results...

Damn you Saving Private Ryan!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6700|Disaster Free Zone
Gahhh that movie sucked, way too long, way too boring with very little happening. There were two good parts, the first, when the guy running up on to the beach gets his arm blown off, looks around, picks up his arm then keeps running. That made me laugh. The second, the sniper shot through the german guys scope, that was a sweet shot. But other then that the movie had nothing to it. Kind of like band of Brothers, very slow very boring and nothing really happening.

sfarrar33 wrote:

[rant] Why oh why is it that in every single war film there has to be shed loads of american patriotism ladeled on top? I mean whats the point in it, yes you love your country thats all very nice blah blah blah but i don't care i didn't watch this film because I wanted to see lots of americans go on about how they all stick together and unite against a common enemy and its all for their country, I just wanted to see people shoot each other in a film with a half decent plot. [/rant]
kind of tells you why.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6424|NSW, Australia

VspyVspy wrote:

SPR is a great movie.  Do yourself a favour and watch the full "Band of Brothers" mini-series, also by Spielberg.
yeah ive seen that its awsome
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6663

Ganko_06 wrote:

Wow.  Your a little behind the times aren't you?  How many years ago was that movie made.  Regardless it was a great movie.
Movie was made in 1998, shhh he lives in a cave j/k good movie though
Brasso
+1,549|6649

Wonder why it's my favorite movie?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6793

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard