alf.ha
+5|6780|Berlin/Germany
Lol Cougar, it's really easy to get this ratio if you change to the winning team at and of raund, right?!? Otherwise you're really good, or you only have to much luck and start always in the stronger team, but i dont believe this.   And btw,  why are these vehicles implemented into BF2?  To use them ;-)
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas

REDTEAM wrote:

Only admin and server owner can get the freaking 3:1 win lose ratio

It not fair
No.

I am neither an admin or a server owner and I have it.  Wanna know how I got it?

HARD WORK

It's the hardest ribbon to get, therfor you have to have the time, skill and dedication to get it.  This ribbon isn't for everyone, and most people will never have it.  3:1 is extremly tough, yes, thats why the ribbon is so prestigious.  I chased it for 3 months before I got it.  Did I teamswitch?  Sure I did, not constantly, but yeah, I teamswitched a bit.  If you people would pull your heads out of your asses and use your brain instead of your ego you could get it too.

Here's how you get it:

Start early.
Play 16 man servers as much as possible.
Play as the commander on these servers. (Commanders control the battle on small maps)
Don't lose, ever.

Pretty simple right?  Wrong. 

1.  If you already have 1000 losses and a 1:5 WL, don't bother.  You're never going to get it, go home.
2.  Playing on 64 man servers will only take you 5 years to get the required WL ratio and Commander hours.
3.  If you suck at commander, this ribbon isn't for you.  Work on the Legion of Merit.
4.  If you are a good commander, there is no reason to lose.  Therfor no reason to switch.  However....teams do suck every now and then.  A little thing I call "refusal to play".  Then you switch.
5.  Once again, this ribbon is not for everyone.  It isn't the parachute ribbon.  This ribbon is harder to get than most of the medals.  Don't feel bad because you can't get it, like I said, it's not for everyone.
6.  If you have to come onto a forum and bitch about the requirments, you probably don't have what it takes to get this ribbon in the first place so just pursue something else.

This ribbon takes a long, long, LONG time to get, a lot of patience, good communication with a team (i.e. clan, friends etc), a through and deep understanding of the commander feature and how to use it to the best of it's ability, and finally a keen and ruthless sense of determination to get what you have your eyes set on.

If you are missing any of the traights in the previous paragraph, or find yourself unable to use the features and tools required to get this ribbon you might as well just stop.  Stop going for it and save yourself a lot of time effort and frustration.  Not trying to toot my own horn, I just know from experiance and I've seen many many people try and fail for it.

^trufax
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas

alf.ha wrote:

Lol Cougar, it's really easy to get this ratio if you change to the winning team at and of raund, right?!?
Please see the above post for what I called "refusal to play". 

Ohh, and were you there when I was going for this?  How do you know how much I switched?  Or is that your excuse you use to make yourself feel better becuase you'll never have it?
RufusRex
+0|6794
in my experience playing Wake island as China would give you the best chance of getting your win/loss ratio up.
alf.ha
+5|6780|Berlin/Germany
I need no excuses that I will hardly or never get this ribbon, but I play BF2 to have fun. And what you are doing is no fun for me, "playing" with 16 people everytime as commander and probably often switching the team for getting a win. I prefer to play on 32 man servers and try to get the best out of every team I fight with.
And you are right, this ribbon is not for erverybody, it is for guys like you, who only care about their win/loss ratio and do everything to get it high. Otherwise you have to be extremly good at Bf2 to get it without your "cheats", or you only have to be really lucky.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6876|Deutschland/Germany

Cougar wrote:

Ohh, and those stats you speak of, score per minute means nothing.  The only SPM's over 2.0 belonged to tank or chopper whores, and since your K: D is over 2.3 that pretty much proves it.  Henceforth, youre a whore, a uneducated lame ass, and an overall douche bag.

Shut up.
Well by saying that u ve already proven that ur intellect is not very high but that s not an excuse for flaming.
Let s look at the facts:
U ve spent ~34% of ur time in a vehicle.
I ve spent ~28% of my playtime in a vehicle (mostly HMMV) making 9% of my kills with the tank.
But yes....ur right.....i m a "tank whore". Missed maths + argumentation class?
selfpwnd like some ppl would say....

Ah and btw. of course SPM alone doesnt mean much but if u combine it with flag captures, flag defence, weapon + vehicle usage, k/d ratio u can see if someone is skilled or not (obviously ur less skilled than me).
Be happy with ur WC ribbon I dont want it because mostly it only indicates how skilled u are in changing teams.

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2005-12-05 05:39:14)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6804

I think EA created it because it's one award you can't stat pad to get. One truly to be proud of, unlike the rest >.<
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6787|The United Center
well, i just reached a w/l ratio of 2.0 and i'm trying to get the ribbon.  i have all the other ones, so i figure why not?  if you guys don't want it, then fine, but don't flame other people for working toward it and finally acheiving their goal.  it's going to take me months to get it...and yeah, i'm sure i'll teamswitch a few times, but what does it matter if its at the end of the round anyway?  if i've played well and my team has been sucking, why should i have to take the loss?
alf.ha
+5|6780|Berlin/Germany
Oh i hate winning team joiner. In my eyes this is nearly the as cheating.
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6815|Dallas, Tx

ThomasMorgan wrote:

...and yeah, i'm sure i'll teamswitch a few times, but what does it matter if its at the end of the round anyway?  if i've played well and my team has been sucking, why should i have to take the loss?
Ever think you should take the loss because members of the other team played better?  After all, that is the essence of winning and losing.  It's a team game.  If your team isn't as good, you lose.  Switching teams just to get a win is cheating.  Your medal will be meaningless.

I totally suck at this game but I know that every medal or badge or ribbon I get will be earned.
ArkAng37
+1|6885|San Antonio, TX
Getting the WCR is for people who have a damn good kill win ratio. Oh and a lot of time!
warco3
+1|6769|Orlando, FL
Ok people, look at my stats. I'm not the best BF2 player out there, but I'm pretty good. Better than most. Now look at my wins/losses. It would take me over 700 wins straight to get my ratio to 3:1. I did not play this game to switch sides whenever my team is losing. Screw that. I play to have fun more than anything. And I don't give a DAMN what you say, you WILL LOSE sometimes REGARDLESS of how good you're playing. It HAPPENS. Only people like Cypher00fus that can afford to have thier own server and control it have the advantage in getting that award. Every other shmuck is assed out unless they resort to lame tactics to get it. Frankly, all that work ain't worth it IMO. I just hope EA realizes how RETARDED that requirement is and REMOVE the req. So for those of you that have your WCR, congrats. I'm sure you worked hard for it. Just know your win/loss ratio means JACK $HIT to me.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6812|PNW

The only way the WCR would make any sense is if you got it by:

IAR: 45 Commander Points (before 2x)
IAR: Granted 3 squad leader requests
50 Total time as commander
100 wins as commander

Then at least more people would get it for command qualification instead of whether or not their squads sucked or they team-hopped, or were just lucky. That way it won't be the next Airborne Ribbon, but acquiring it would show some amount of skill. Luck was my method of acquiring it.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-12-15 17:15:31)

Jingotsu
+0|6750|Ontario, Canada
Any one who says this ribbon is easy, you come to my house, say it to my face, and prove it on my God damned account. 'Cause I've been trying and trying, and can't get past 1.31. With 18 hours as Commander. This is THE hardest RIBBON in the game. Notice how I said RIBBON, not MEDAL or BADGE.
RKF77
+1|6791

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The only way the WCR would make any sense is if you got it by:

IAR: Granted 3 squad leader requests
50 Total time as commander
100 wins as commander

Then at least more people would get it for command qualification instead of whether or not their squads sucked or they team-hopped, or were just lucky. That way it won't be the next Airborne Ribbon, but acquiring it would show some amount of skill. Luck was my method of acquiring it.
+1

Would be even better if there was global tracking of the number of squad leader requests you grant and deny...adding 1000 squad leader requests granted in place of the 3 IAR would separate the commanders from the artillery whores. 

Of course, I'd prefer it if the commander couldn't drop arty/launch UAVs/drop supplies until Squad Leaders asked for them in specific places from the forward battle, but that's just a humble dream of mine.

3:1 win/loss ratio is simply a misguided requirement, and not because it's tough (which it obviously is)...it's because it has nothing to do with command skill and everything to do with luck (of getting on the right team) and hitting the opposite team's tab at the end of games you're losing (when you don't).

War College Ribbon?  Heh.  Teamswitch Ribbon.

What's funny is, I don't have the WCR, don't care that I don't have it, and will never make the slightest effort to get it.  When I click on it my stats page, it says "you are still working toward the War College Ribbon".  That's funny, because I'm really not. 

Last edited by RKF77 (2005-12-15 17:40:05)

(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6761
look at this forum for best possible advice http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=7664. Remember you will need to get 50 hr commander first because it will be checked after u reach that point. for win/lose ratio, you may get checked when u get to 3.0 but after create some loss it will became uncheck and reduce the ratio so. This is all about patience and I started do this couple week ago so.
oberst_enzian
+234|6783|melb.au

Cougar wrote:

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Ok u said if u cant make it to 3:1 w/l ratio u suck. I cant make it to 3:1. So u said I suck.
umm why do your stats show that you have it, even tho one of the requirements is unfullfilled? what kind of shit is that?

50h Total time as commander √
3 win:loss ratio
92.34%   - Wins & Losses 1,338 / 483 (2.77)
3 of 3. Earning 0 should take you about 15 days.
=SA=VaSSiLi
+2|6811
Because at one point he did had the 3.00 required, its obviously just gone down since then.  You only need to have the 3.00 when u do the requirements IAR.  After that, all bets are off

Ill admit, im a medal whore, hehe.  I do want this thing.  But I'd probably be better off going for the 4,500 hours required for a SF Medal haha.

I need to win the next 1000 games about without losing at all
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas

oberst_enzian wrote:

Cougar wrote:

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Ok u said if u cant make it to 3:1 w/l ratio u suck. I cant make it to 3:1. So u said I suck.
umm why do your stats show that you have it, even tho one of the requirements is unfullfilled? what kind of shit is that?

50h Total time as commander √
3 win:loss ratio
92.34%   - Wins & Losses 1,338 / 483 (2.77)
3 of 3. Earning 0 should take you about 15 days.
Because I got it and then stopped caring.
h4r13quin
+0|6768
All medals were intended to reward the skills of players to varying degrees.  I'm sorry if you have obsessive compulsive disorder and absolutely must have all the ribbons or you will feel incomplete.  I don't have it, a lot of us don't.  It might be a teamswappers ribbon, some do it, but others don't, don't get angry at the ribbon because it is difficult to earn.  Either see it as a challenge you want to overcome, or forget about it, don't ask for it to be another time dependent hand out.  If all ribbons were as easy to get as the paratrooper people wouldn't care about them.  Some of the medals are just tougher, expert knife and expert pistol weren't meant to be freebies if you try and get them outside of pistol/knife only servers.  Leave the war college ribbon as a reward for the pros.
oberst_enzian
+234|6783|melb.au

=SA=VaSSiLi wrote:

Because at one point he did had the 3.00 required, its obviously just gone down since then.  You only need to have the 3.00 when u do the requirements IAR.  After that, all bets are off
oooh right. sorry. can't believe i didn't think of that...
omg, i am de n00b
i shut up now k

carry on, nothing to see here, please talk amongst yourselves...

*whistles and walks away to corner*

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2005-12-15 22:51:11)

(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6761
As I said in past, get your 50 hour commander first because win/lose ratio will increase or decrease even it met the requirement so.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas
Here we go again.....

Let me find the thread real quick...
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6621

This will answer any questoins you may have about the WCR.
SuperOneSix
+0|6747
War College Ribbon - Damm baby you almost have to go to college to earn one

[url=http://bf2s.com/player/44250750/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/44250750/awards.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/44250750/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/44250750/sig5.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/44250750/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/44250750/sig3.png[/img][/url]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard