d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6460|Ontario, Canada
Just got my G1 and I went driving today. I just realized how instense driving is, omg, I used to think it was easy and everything. I went out in the city (im in Canada) and its so fierce. How do people drive so fast? Im so scaredand its hard.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center
...is this a serious thread?
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6460|Ontario, Canada
yes
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Are you fucking kidding? I've had my G1 for a couple of months now and driving is a piece of fuckin' cake. I've went on freeways (OMG I BROKE TEH RULES) and it's not that bad. City driving is pretty bad because it's so slow and your constantly looking out for padestrians, animals, cars, etc. Other then that, it's a pizza pie!

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2006-10-24 13:08:04)

Chou
+737|6797
I have only one advice: Take your car to a deserted place and test it, to its limit and beyond, handbreak away and curve like an idiot, don't break your car, just get to know the machine to a higher level, soon you will be driving with 1 hand.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center
Yeah, driving is a breeze.  Driving in the city (Chicago) can be a bitch, but everyone is always pretty alert.  Sure, you might get cut off, but you cut other people off too...it's just part of driving there.

Other than that...I don't ever worry about myself as much as I worry about other drivers.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6598|Scarborough Yorkshire England
You'll get used to it dude.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

If you can put up with the retarded drivers in the Metropolitan DC area, you can drive F1.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6771|Dallas
Haha, he should try driving in Dallas.  Or better yet, on the dirt backroads of Oklahoma.  80% of people driving on the dirt backroads of Oklahoma are either:

A: Drunk
B: Driving 70+ mph
C: Hauling Oversized Farm Equipment
D: All of the above.

I am not exaggerating.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6745|Toronto | Canada

d4rkst4r wrote:

Just got my G1 and I went driving today. I just realized how instense driving is, omg, I used to think it was easy and everything. I went out in the city (im in Canada) and its so fierce. How do people drive so fast? Im so scaredand its hard.
Don't worry, im in the same situation.  Ive had my G1 for 2 months now and driving is getting easier everytime i do it.  Just make sure you go to a good driving school so you can learn everything you need to know (and get your G2 four months earlier)
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6604|Seattle

What the fuck is a G1? Is that like a learners permit?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6745|The Hague, Netherlands

was wondering the same thing, what the hell is it
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Techworld
Banned
+17|6409
just watch out for those j-10 bombs droping from the sky

teehee

Last edited by Techworld (2006-10-24 14:51:07)

ssj3barua
+55|6695|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Yeah, driving is a breeze.  Driving in the city (Chicago) can be a bitch, but everyone is always pretty alert.  Sure, you might get cut off, but you cut other people off too...it's just part of driving there.

Other than that...I don't ever worry about myself as much as I worry about other drivers.
HAHA I just got back from Chicago, you're right driving in that city is a Bitch! the taxi drivers are maniacs.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6729|Eastern PA
Fucking nüb drivers. It's not that hard, soon you'll be pissed at the student drivers as well.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6743

had mine for 2 years, [dutch] driving is a piece of cake now.`
CommieChipmunk
+488|6576|Portland, OR, USA
what's a G1?
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6771|Toronto Canada
i get my g2 in december.

I will soon be ghost riding down avenue road.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

Is Wikipedia a foreign word to you people?

Learners permit (G1): Available at age 16, with the passing of a multiple choice road theory test, a driving permit is issued which allows the learning driver to drive on roads accompanied by someone with full valid driver's licence whose BAC is less than .05 and has been fully licenced for four years. The driver also cannot drive roads with a posted speed limit over 80 km/h (50 MPH) or between 12:00 AM - 5:00 AM and must maintain their own BAC at zero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver%27s_license#Canada
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6729|Eastern PA

CommieChipmunk wrote:

what's a G1?
Canuckistani equivalent of a learner's permit.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6771|Toronto Canada
I like g1 over learner's permit.

sounds like a gat.
MorbidFetus
+76|6558|Ohio
Silly Canadians...
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6460|Ontario, Canada
thanks for the help guys
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.
4th time out on the road with my permit, I almost got nailed on an on-ramp by a tractor trailer doing 85.

God I love driving.

Anyway, yes it is quite fast. But its something that you will adjust to after some time.

Best of luck to you, and drive safe. Don't be an idiot behind the wheel.

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-10-24 16:33:07)

-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6499|Oklahoma City
^Chicago, where we all drive as fast as possible (65-90 mph in 55 mph zones), to make up for all the times we're stuck in traffic...

Last edited by -TL- (2006-10-24 16:36:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard