Techworld
Banned
+17|6421
Do you think they suck? Think they rule?

Give me good reasons
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6569
They Suck.

Every time I turn on my PC they try and get me to pay for XP..
Techworld
Banned
+17|6421
IS that the genuine advantage thing, you can disable that you know
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6569
Oh snap, really?

How? lol
chittydog
less busy
+586|6853|Kubra, Damn it!

Buy a legitimate copy of Windows...

Microsoft makes good stuff. Sometimes they're good innovators, but generally their strength is to find a good idea, then acquire it somehow (buying, intimidation, whatever), and then improve upon it. Their other strength is their ability to enforce standards (yes, usually their own). They're so big, they can practically force the market to adhere to one standardized way of doing things. Many of you may not like that idea, but without standardization, we wouldn't have most of the mechanical/electrical things we have now. Computers, cars, planes, BF2, guns... even freakin' bed sheets depend on industry standards.

I think most of the MS haters are that way because they either think it's cool to hate the big guy, or they don't think they should have to pay for their software. There are some that have tried competing products and legitimately like them better, but the posers outnumber them.
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

They have made it possible for countless other to bitch and complain. Hate them if you will, but if they did not exist, someone would have just taken thier place.
Chou
+737|6809

jsnipy wrote:

They have made it possible for countless other to bitch and complain. Hate them if you will, but if they did not exist, someone would have just taken thier place.
Like who?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6583|Area 51

Chou wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Like who?
Nobody will ever know
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6668|Keyboard
I don't hate MS. One hates things when you don't have options, that's why I don't hate them. I've never bought things from them and never will .
Techworld
Banned
+17|6421
What do you think of all that genuine advantage farce then, when it turns your legit xp into a illegal one because youve upgraded your system, and then microsoft refuse to fix it
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6662
capitalism works
chittydog
less busy
+586|6853|Kubra, Damn it!

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

capitalism works
QFT
Techworld
Banned
+17|6421
boo
Deadman
+34|6461|England

chittydog wrote:

They're so big, they can practically force the market to adhere to one standardized way of doing things. Many of you may not like that idea, but without standardization, we wouldn't have most of the mechanical/electrical things we have now. Computers, cars, planes, BF2, guns... even freakin' bed sheets depend on industry standards.
Absolutely agree. Without this 'forced' standardization just think where the pc's would be right now, probably about 1988 at best. No BF2 for you. Sure, some little guys have suffered, but the world has gained.
They're a necessary evil and you dont have to buy their stuff, it's just hard not to.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

capitalism works
The success of a product or service is often a result of it's quality. Especially in a market where the customer has so many different options. With Microsoft the numbers speak for them-self.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6720|New York

Chou wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Like who?
Apple. OSX, Redhat/Linux
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Chou wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

They have made it possible for countless other to bitch and complain. Hate them if you will, but if they did not exist, someone would have just taken their place.
Like who?
Apple. OSX, Redhat/Linux
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6720|New York

Techworld wrote:

What do you think of all that genuine advantage farce then, when it turns your legit xp into a illegal one because youve upgraded your system, and then microsoft refuse to fix it
Heres what you do, Because i have too every time i upgrade. Use the phone method. When it says that theres a problem it will send you off to a person, tell them your Hard drive or Motherboard blewup. They will ask if this is the only computer the copy is on, say yes, they will give you the installation numbers to punch in and your done. Icon gone and updates ready to install. Believe me it works. Ive used the same copy since it came out. After 4 reactivations over the internet with same copy i have to do this Same thing again and again.

A little white lie wont hurt anyone, specially if that copy really is in the same house but on 2 computers.

I dont hate MS, But there Vista Activation(if its true what there writing about) is going to make People like us Lives very very misserable) And i feel bad for ANY site or company that will be testing hardware for us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard