BF2142 WITH in game ads for max. 40$.10%10% - 7
BF2142 WITH in game ads for max 30$.17%17% - 12
BF2142 WITH in game ads for max 20$.14%14% - 10
BF2142 WITH in game ads for max 10$.2%2% - 2
BF2142 WITH in game ads should be free.30%30% - 21
Total: 70
Spiderman696
+12|6638
Why is everybody whining about the in-game ads?
First of all. I have not yet seen a active in-game ad.
And what would be so bad about it. The most problematic part is that they record where you look at and send it to there servers. But beside of this. As long it does not disturb the game play or the style of the game. (No ads in fantasy rpg or stuff like this.)
But ads help to finace a loot of very usefull things. TV ads give us free tv-channels. Newspaper ads help to run the newpapers or make the even free too.
Why not in games. They just should not disturb the game.
But if there is a fake or a real ad on the wall....... who cares. As long it would be for the good of the game.....

What do you think?

Last edited by Spiderman696 (2006-10-24 08:12:28)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6826|Kubra, Damn it!

Good call. Who cares if they put ads in there or not? If it distracts some of these guys, good, more kills for me.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
I agree with spidy. The only time I was pissed off by an in-game add was in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory when a neon Axe billboard blew my cover. All other times they were just there.
jordanmillward_1
+11|6395
I'm not bothered by in game ads, why should they bother people, it's not that big a thing.

Plus, they'll be in all games soon enough.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6780|England
There are a total of 156 billboards throughout the game. That’s not just a few ads.
And for all the people saying they have not seen any ads yet, that is because they have not put them in yet.

You can block the add servers by blocking the outgoing ip ranges: 72.3.184.144-72.3.184.159 and 72.32.5.0-72.32.5.15.

Last edited by Kobrakai (2006-10-24 08:25:44)

pinioncorp
1 Metre, 3 Rounds, 6 Misses?
+7|6416|Nobellius
__________________________________________________________________________________________
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

What would be nice is if the ads could be used to pay off the server. Why should I have to pay for a server full of ads? Why can't part of the proceeds of the ads on the server go to paying the server off?

I look forward to 2142 mods. They won't be putting billboards in

__________________________________________________________________________________________
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460

Kobrakai wrote:

There are a total of 156 billboards throughout the game. That’s not just a few ads.
And for all the people saying they have not seen any ads yet, that is because they have not put them in yet.

You can block the add servers by blocking the outgoing ip ranges: 72.3.184.144-72.3.184.159 and 72.32.5.0-72.32.5.15.
156 billboards that aren't doing anything anyways. Please explain why a real billboard is that much worse than a fake one, I just go killin' not looking for adds like you guys say will happen when the add system is running.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6518|Singapore
the billboards should be able to be destroyed by explosives
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6541|Southeastern USA

pinioncorp wrote:

What would be nice is if the ads could be used to pay off the server. Why should I have to pay for a server full of ads? Why can't part of the proceeds of the ads on the server go to paying the server off?

I look forward to 2142 mods. They won't be putting billboards in

good idea

i saw them touch on this on G4, the official stance is "they won't make the games cheaper, but it will keep the price from going up"

....................................bullshit..........................................................................................
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6518|Singapore
every human being on this world with a PC should receive a free copy of BF2142
golgoj4
+51|6765|North Hollywood
How do i explain this... If you are going to bombard me with ads for a re-hash of another game, it better be free. As for the rest of you who dont care, have fun with that. Just accepting what is somewhat contradictory is well, silly. I think its been long established that ad supported models are quite sucessfull. Didnt realize you had to play the part of money grubbing ho and charge all parties and arm and a leg for you shitty product. I know its a game and so comparison is harder, but as a piece of software, its barlely worth $50. I can think of things google has provided for free that certainly cost nothing (google earth anyone) and worth so much more than 2142. So maybe thats what my problem is. Because corporations have proved that if u give them an inch they will bone you in a heartbeat to make more money.
alpinestar
+304|6587|New York City baby.
I hate EA with passion.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6672|Dayton, Ohio
I can accept the adds if they use that to finace the release of free add ons and expansions over time.  No more of the $10 BS everytime they want to release a map.
samfink
+31|6547
if there are in-game ads, the game should be free, wiht the ads financing the game's development costs. make an ad-free version for those who are prepared to pay for the game, and thus, those who don't want the ads pay the development costs via the price of the product,and those who don't midn the ads pay the development cosst via the ad fees.
Shadovve
+10|6595|Columbus, OH
If EA wants to put real ad's in BF 2142, more power to them, as a player, I think this could actually add to the realism of the game, instead of seeing the same billboard on every map, you will get a little bit of variety.

I also think however that the ads should be an enable/disable option in the game.  I think EA official servers should make money for EA, and independent servers should be allowed to subscribe to the ad service, and make some revenue to support the server off the adds that are running on thier hardware.  It would be a win win.  No more begging for donations, your server supports itself.

just my $0.02
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6541|Southeastern USA

Shadovve wrote:

just my $0.02

EAGAMES wrote:

I'll take that thankyouverymuch!!!
Shadovve
+10|6595|Columbus, OH

golgoj4 wrote:

How do i explain this... If you are going to bombard me with ads for a re-hash of another game, it better be free. As for the rest of you who dont care, have fun with that. Just accepting what is somewhat contradictory is well, silly. I think its been long established that ad supported models are quite sucessfull. Didnt realize you had to play the part of money grubbing ho and charge all parties and arm and a leg for you shitty product. I know its a game and so comparison is harder, but as a piece of software, its barlely worth $50. I can think of things google has provided for free that certainly cost nothing (google earth anyone) and worth so much more than 2142. So maybe thats what my problem is. Because corporations have proved that if u give them an inch they will bone you in a heartbeat to make more money.
I have over 300 hours in Bf2, I have had a great time playing the game.  It has been very entertaining.  According to BF2s.com, that comes out to about $0.17 an hour, I think that is a bargin for the entertainment I have gotten (if you have basic cable for $35 a month, you would have to watch over 5 hours everyday to get the same bargin price just wathing TV).  I don't know of too many other games that I have put over 300 hours into.  (starcraft, and the warcraft series may count here)  So when you say that the software isn't worth $50.00 I have to argue that it is.  I have certainly gotten my moneys worth.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
who cares.
Zefar
+116|6641|Sweden
Meh could care less about ads ingame. Well if they start to paste the ads ALL over the Titans/cities/tanks/units I will get pissed off pretty quick.

Otherwise if they are on a billboard out in the middle of no where I won't mind at all.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6586|Iceland

jkohlc wrote:

the billboards should be able to be destroyed by explosives
we pay to watch ads, well i think we could get 10% disscount for that.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6697|Antarctica
The way I look at it, if the ads aren't annoying, don't cause lag, and don't ruin gameplay, they don't bother me.  Games are taking more money to make and ads are a good source of income, but this means EA needs to support 2142 instead of giving us 'booster packs' that noone plays.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

The way I look at it, if the ads aren't annoying, don't cause lag, and don't ruin gameplay, they don't bother me.  Games are taking more money to make and ads are a good source of income, but this means EA needs to support 2142 instead of giving us 'booster packs' that noone plays.
Okay people have you read this? If no then learn to read if yes then stop moaning about the adds which aren't even in the game yet.
mattajohnstone
+15|6779
i may not be looking hard but i cant think ive seen one ad yet lol, well not stoped and read it
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6590|S.C.
The capitalist dream.
Another example, Bottled Water.
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6623|Germany
I don't care.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard