Colfax
PR Only
+70|6796|United States - Illinois
I just want to thank everyone for showing up and playing.

Next time though i won't be able to help plan it because with thxgiving, finals, and going to see my wifes family over xmas in Canada i just don't have the time.  I will play though.  Just give me a date and time.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6681|Global Command

kr@cker wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I must work out how to use teamspeak. I've never used the mic before although I have taken verbal orders from a commander with great success. Do I need to trawl the help threads or can someone summarise for me how to set it up. The mic test on installation is a little puzzling. I get high pitch noise when I lower the bar to a particular level - where do I set the bar for the mic?
same here, at first i was on straight, but by the time the match started i could only listen as everyone said they couldn't hardly hear me, i never used it before saturday. regardless, i still like to see command points on the map. As a rule from my soundboard days, you want your mic volume to be just barely bumping the red zone, and either use push to talk or a high activation threshold if you use speakers as opposed to headphones so as to eliminate feedback loops. The problem with PC's is usually you have more than one volume control for your mic, sometimes one feeding into the other (effectively amplifying it) so you have to sort out how many mixer controls you have, eliminate the redundant ones, then tweak the neessary. Between creative, EAX, windows media player, and realtel i had at least 5 controls to sort through, but since i couldn't play with it til saturday i just decided to grin and bear it instead of risking blasting everyone out.
Unless you are a squad leader  it is best to just not speak.
I log on to the voice server, but don't have a mic that works right now.
Works for me!
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6701|Southeastern USA
chat or not i still like seeing "attack/defend here" on the map for easy reference
ATG
Banned

Bubbalo wrote:

Sorry I wasn't there, there was a power outage ( or so I'd like you to think ).  I'll be in for the next one, though ( as long as ATG bows out early again, I'll show up after he leaves.).
Fer christ sakes bubs, don't go making stories just because your afaid to face me.

Bubbalo wrote:

He rides like the Devils own swordsman, he does. Like a smite O thunder from gawd almighty he goes after me. I don't know what to do, I can't eat or sleep and can't hardly use the computer at all. ffs ATg please leave me alone; you haunt my dreams!
Haunt my dreams...

Seriously https://i7.tinypic.com/21ez5ep.jpg  you need help.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6713
Why, I didn't know you could read minds.  You learn that in the army?
ATG
Banned
I wasn't in the army. I downloaded a mind reading patch from microsoft.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6713
They do those now?  Neat.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6805
I think shorter rounds, because 3 hours was all I could manage, especially as I had a blinding headache, and concentrating on a screen made it worse, hence rapid deterioration of play... I could barely see after the match...  but I'm not making excuses, because overall the didn't do that badly.  I think we should have put 2 or 3 guards on the helipad when we were playing MEC, losing the chopper swung it really.  Morale might not have been so low by the next round if we hadn't.  And everyone should have listened in on teamspeak even if they don't have a mic/headset like me, or at least joined the xfire group.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6909|Argentina

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

I think shorter rounds, because 3 hours was all I could manage, especially as I had a blinding headache, and concentrating on a screen made it worse, hence rapid deterioration of play... I could barely see after the match...  but I'm not making excuses, because overall the didn't do that badly.  I think we should have put 2 or 3 guards on the helipad when we were playing MEC, losing the chopper swung it really.  Morale might not have been so low by the next round if we hadn't.  And everyone should have listened in on teamspeak even if they don't have a mic/headset like me, or at least joined the xfire group.
The heli stolen is my fault, as commander I failed advicing you to guard that location.  I saw it with the scan, they went there with there chopper, they left it and took ours and then destroyed theirs. 
I agree the match was too long.  I was connected since 12 GMT, and by 18:40 GMT, after second Sharqi was over, I had to leave.  Besides, I also had the worst headache.  Not an excuse.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6707
I wouldn't mind commanding next time - i just got my expert command last week and I do love commanding.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6909|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

I wouldn't mind commanding next time - i just got my expert command last week and I do love commanding.
That's the part where you must say "hey, you did fine".
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6848|NJ

sergeriver wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

That's the part where you must say "hey, you did fine".
Hehe YOU DID FINE SERGE....

Psstt hey CameronPoe next time you better command it was all serge's fault we lost.... But don't tell Serge I said that

Haha jk
cpt.fass1
+329|6848|NJ
And I think It was Darth_fader who keeped killing me and only me with artillery... that started to piss me off.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6753|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Unless you are a squad leader  it is best to just not speak.
I log on to the voice server, but don't have a mic that works right now.
Works for me!
Match communication is an art all in itself.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6753|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

The heli stolen is my fault, as commander I failed advicing you to guard that location.  I saw it with the scan, they went there with there chopper, they left it and took ours and then destroyed theirs. 
You can thank yours truly for a few of the thefts   We knew it would be a problem if Prima got it. Strategy prevailed over ability in the air. I played extremely conservative with it once we had it. It was more important that you did not have it rather than we were using it to take tickets.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
IRONCHEF
+385|6643|Northern California
So who was ATG in this match?  I only wanted to kill him.

I also only played the first two matches on Jalalabad which were a joke.  Cons didn't even try it seemed.  Sorry I missed our asswhoopin on Sharqi.  But then, we would have won if I came... 

I remember killing and being killed by vedds (i was playing my medic only account as 'dangerMEDIC').  Oh, and me and berster were fighting in tanks and he beat me.
ATG
Banned
I was there girlboy.

I am yerded feer me.

I had to bail out early as my wife went to the gym and left me with the two kids!!!!!!!!!!!
vedds
+52|6907|Christchurch New Zealand

IRONCHEF wrote:

I remember killing and being killed by vedds (i was playing my medic only account as 'dangerMEDIC').  Oh, and me and berster were fighting in tanks and he beat me.
Yes I remember you shooting me a second before my nade that was lying at your feet went off
CC-Marley
+407|6981
When can we set up another [Lib] asskicking?
cpt.fass1
+329|6848|NJ
I hope you all saw the WOW South Park cause that's my life right now.. hahaha
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6958|Orlando, FL - Age 43

cpt.fass1 wrote:

And I think It was Darth_fader who keeped killing me and only me with artillery... that started to piss me off.
I like to give that special singled out feeling. But don't feel too bad...many got the arty on their heads over and over again. There's nothing quite as satisfying as dropping an artillery barrage on the heads of Liberals.

I actually took some screenies of the arty kills but they are on my son's computer...I will make my arty scalp siggie soon.
cpt.fass1
+329|6848|NJ
No I deffinatly got the special single out feeling. YOu got 3-4 on a couple barrages, but almost every one of them I was the only one.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6958|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember seeing your name pop up quite a bit and knowing that you were probably wanting to punch me through the screen ...I almost felt bad.....almost. It would be better if you could actually see the names of people that you are about to drop arty on.
mofo65
+6|6783|Valrico, FL USA

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember seeing your name pop up quite a bit and knowing that you were probably wanting to punch me through the screen ...I almost felt bad.....almost. It would be better if you could actually see the names of people that you are about to drop arty on.
I felt the pain of your arty on several occasions that day and yes I too wanted to choke you through my LCD.  I see you're almost a neighbor dropping arty on me from O-town.  Good job commanding.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6796
i can make it saturday

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard