Nutter Butter
+2|6538
We need to put all the bugs into a single place so that we can hope to get them all resolved.  Having them spread out all over the place is somewhat confusing.  Before posting about a bug, make sure that it is not already listed.  I will try to update this post as bugs and modifications come in so that they are all listed on the first page.  The modifications are not what you would "Like" to see, it is what needs to be done to keep the game moving forward error free.

THIS POST IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION!!  Please do not comment about the bugs, use another post for that otherwise this will become very cluttered quickly. 

Here is what I have come up with so far.

Login Screen: when trying to use veteran reserved name, the reserved name shows up in the box when you login with your EA username and password, however when you select that name to use it will error and log you back out.   The only way to move forward at this time is to create another nickname.

Server Browser: Quick, Advanced and History all seem disconnected.  One page will show different numbers than the other pages.  Refresh also does not seem to work, as it will not update the ammount of players in the server.  This makes it very difficult to connect to your favorite server when it is full, as you cannot see when players drop off.

Knife: Hit detection seems very poor.  If you are too close it seems as if it is not detected, at the same time, if you are beyond what you would think would be too far you get a kill.

Anti Sway Unlock: Even when equiped, when you hold shift down it will occasionally not work.  Even if you zoom out and back in.  Only until after you die will it work again (this is without modifying your kit mid round). 

Zoom: Not sure if this is a bug but should be modified.  Unable to switch to another weapon without zooming back out first.  (bad when you hear someone trying to knife you)

Death: Occasionally when you die there is a long delay and then you have free look available with the mouse until the 15 second timer elapses.

Walker: If low on health and standing next to a repair crate to be repaired, the walker will slowly tip over and explode even though the health meter is rising.

Spawning at beggining of round: Some spawn points cause you to spawn in the middle of the roadway while everyone is starting to drive away.  This causes many TK deaths and senseless TK punishes.

Constant Server Crashes:  Self explanitory.

WALKER: Hovers above ground rather than walking on it

POD: When landing on an enemy titan with a pod, during a hard landing, you can see things that are occuring within the titan for a few seconds.

Stuck Issues: Getting lodged in the polys, only fix is to thrash around until player can become unlodged (rare).

Advance Filter: Using the advanced search feature, if you select "Ranked" in the filters list, unranked servers will still appear.

Headsets:  Even though the headset icon shows on the server information screen, when you log into the server, people can't hear you and you can't hear others. The icon shows your talking but does not appear to others and nothing you say is heard by others. This is sparatic and some servers working fine.

General Performance: Major FPS drop vs. BF2 even with same equiped machine.

Last edited by Nutter Butter (2006-10-23 12:46:14)

midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6520|here

Nutter Butter wrote:

THIS POST IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION!!  Please do not comment about the bugs, use another post for that otherwise this will become very cluttered quickly.
*slaps forehead*

Only "bug" I've really come across so far (if you can even call it a bug) is how laggy it gets during the titan battles.  I don't know if there's a way to fix this, but it's really hard to shoot somebody when they leap 5 or 10m every second.
Simon
basically
+838|6649|UK

EDITED wrote:

We need to put all the bugs into a single place so that we can hope to get them all resolved.  Having them spread out all over the place is somewhat confusing.  Before posting about a bug, make sure that it is not already listed.  I will try to update this post as bugs and modifications come in so that they are all listed on the first page.  The modifications are not what you would "Like" to see, it is what needs to be done to keep the game moving forward error free.

Here is what I have come up with so far.

Login Screen: when trying to use veteran reserved name, the reserved name shows up in the box when you login with your EA username and password, however when you select that name to use it will error and log you back out.   The only way to move forward at this time is to create another nickname.

Server Browser: Quick, Advanced and History all seem disconnected.  One page will show different numbers than the other pages.  Refresh also does not seem to work, as it will not update the ammount of players in the server.  This makes it very difficult to connect to your favorite server when it is full, as you cannot see when players drop off.

Knife: Hit detection seems very poor.  If you are too close it seems as if it is not detected, at the same time, if you are beyond what you would think would be too far you get a kill.

Anti Sway Unlock: Even when equiped, when you hold shift down it will occasionally not work.  Even if you zoom out and back in.  Only until after you die will it work again (this is without modifying your kit mid round). 

Zoom: Not sure if this is a bug but should be modified.  Unable to switch to another weapon without zooming back out first.  (bad when you hear someone trying to knife you)

Death: Occasionally when you die there is a long delay and then you have free look available with the mouse until the 15 second timer elapses.

Walker: If low on health and standing next to a repair crate to be repaired, the walker will slowly tip over and explode even though the health meter is rising.

Spawning at beggining of round: Some spawn points cause you to spawn in the middle of the roadway while everyone is starting to drive away.  This causes many TK deaths and senseless TK punishes.

Constant Server Crashes:  Self explanitory.
There you go, I was bored. Tell me if you want anything else changed.

Last edited by Simon (2006-10-23 10:43:07)

bf2_zspyvin
+17|6675|The Netherlands
WALKER: i hapens alot that i doenst walks but hovers over the ground
POD: When landing on a enemy titan with a pod u can see sometimes with a hard crash things that happens in the titan for a few seconds.
Stuck:I get sometimes stuck in poly's :\ alot of ramming on the prone/jump button helps.
Incoming_Fire
+1|6398
2 bugs I've run across:

Advance Filter not working: Using the advance search feature. If you mark "Ranked" unranked servers still appear

Headsets not working on Headset enabled server: Even though the headset icon shows on the server search. When you log into the server, people can't hear you and you can't hear others. The icon shows your talking but not appearing to others and nothing heard. This is sparatic and there are some servers working fine. (and yes, I checked my inline mute...it was not on. I've played with other clan mates who have the same issue)

Last edited by Incoming_Fire (2006-10-23 10:58:06)

Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6769|Long Island
I don't know if you can call this a bug, but just the general performance of the game itself and how even if you have a good pc like i do that is well taken care of and virus/spyware free, etc., you get crappy FPS
Nutter Butter
+2|6538

Slickdawg8 wrote:

I don't know if you can call this a bug, but just the general performance of the game itself and how even if you have a good pc like i do that is well taken care of and virus/spyware free, etc., you get crappy FPS
I don't think it is a bug, but I do beleive it is worth taking note.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard