AFFROPANDA
+2|6541|Perth, Western Australia
Is it just me or does NOONE USE BULLETS ANYMORE? Every server im on now the kits being used will be about 80% AT and most of those will be retards who ONLY use the rockets, primarily against infantry.

Anti-Tank

I'm sick and tired of spending time getting an advantage over somone (i play as sniper, go figure) proceeding to empty a clip of pistol ammo into their face and then having them reflexivley turn around and fire an SRAW in your general direction, saving the day. I wouldn't mind everyone going AT if they would use the actual GUN for once, this whole AT mentality of using the SRAW as an anti infantry cannon would be far more scarce if dice decided to implement some of that 'realism' they were pushing as a selling point of the game and realise its not physically posible to carry 6 missile tubes on your own.

There, rant over: feel free to bitch more about SRAWS and crap as long as you don't start trying to justify using the AT kit like a moron, there is no excuse, i dont care how n00b i am for not using the SRAW exclusivley; i just don't want to hear it.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6721

They aim generally at the chest, maybe they think it's "Anti-Titty"
-=5TON3D
+42|6557|u.k
i dont mind people going AT,i get a buzz from watching rockets skimming past my face as i dodge out the way.
especially when they fire at close range & miss,then panic like fuck trying to reload & fumble gun switching as you charge at em with your knife out lol.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6678|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Yeah I hate those god damn missiles too, it's a pain in the ass when I shoot at someone and then they fire a fucking missile and kill me. If you're getting shot with bullets, then use bullets back, but I guess chivalry is gone in this game.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6560|Search Whore killing fields
Um dont play karkand
chittydog
less busy
+586|6858|Kubra, Damn it!

AFFROPANDA wrote:

Is it just me or does NOONE USE BULLETS ANYMORE? Every server im on now the kits being used will be about 80% AT and most of those will be retards who ONLY use the rockets, primarily against infantry.

Anti-Tank

I'm sick and tired of spending time getting an advantage over somone (i play as sniper, go figure) proceeding to empty a clip of pistol ammo into their face and then having them reflexivley turn around and fire an SRAW in your general direction, saving the day. I wouldn't mind everyone going AT if they would use the actual GUN for once, this whole AT mentality of using the SRAW as an anti infantry cannon would be far more scarce if dice decided to implement some of that 'realism' they were pushing as a selling point of the game and realise its not physically posible to carry 6 missile tubes on your own.

There, rant over: feel free to bitch more about SRAWS and crap as long as you don't start trying to justify using the AT kit like a moron, there is no excuse, i dont care how n00b i am for not using the SRAW exclusivley; i just don't want to hear it.
Be careful what you wish for. If you got that realism, then you wouldn't live everytime that SRAW or ERYX hit a couple of feet away from you...
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6426|Alberta, Canada

PspRpg-7 wrote:

They aim generally at the chest, maybe they think it's "Anti-Titty"
How about Anti-Torso?
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6515
I don't mind if they do it or not, I actually like doing it to snipers at long range it's even more fun doing it with the Insurgents AT rocket. If they cant see it coming and move out the way then they deserve it.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6852|Denver colorado

Doggehspike wrote:

I don't mind if they do it or not, I actually like doing it to snipers at long range it's even more fun doing it with the Insurgents AT rocket. If they cant see it coming and move out the way then they deserve it.
I think those are an exception.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6726
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.  What servers are you playing in where a majority of the players choose anti-tank?  I always find myself thinking "wow, I wish somebody else besides me would go AT because we are getting raped by that APC".  Sorry, I guess I just can't relate to what you are feeling.
subcultural
+0|6475
I too shoot some occasional AT-rounds into an infantry player. The logic is quite simple: Our flag is being capped by a heavy vehicle, I'm waiting behind a corner with my Erys or SRAW ready, and then you appear right in front of my face. Well, seems pretty logic to me that i empty my tube in you, rather then strafing, picking my rifle, loadout, and shoot. These actions would at least cost me half my health points, not to say that most of the time I would be dead at the point that I'm about to shoot my first bullet. I also get the occasional long distance rockets fired at me, but man, what are you complaining about? You getting killed by that long distance rocket is your own stupidity to keep lying on the ground thinking that you'll kill that guy before that rocket reaches you. Instead, get on your feet, strafe a meter to the left or right and almost 80% of your hated AT'ers will miss for sure!
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6560|Search Whore killing fields

DirtyMexican wrote:

Um dont play karkand
^                   ^
  What he said
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6542|Adelaide, South Australia

Donald O' Brien wrote:

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.  What servers are you playing in where a majority of the players choose anti-tank?  I always find myself thinking "wow, I wish somebody else besides me would go AT because we are getting raped by that APC".  Sorry, I guess I just can't relate to what you are feeling.
when i am AT, i only resort to rockets if my P-90 runs out of ammo.
The_Jester
+52|6514|Italy
Agree, i can't stand fucking noobs going around with the AT out.
It's ok for long range targets, or if you are waiting for a tank and an infantryman comes out of nowhere.

But using the rockets as primary weapon in close quarters is just pathetic, the ultimate noob-tube.
buttered noodle
+16|6668|ohio

chittydog wrote:

AFFROPANDA wrote:

Anti-Tank

Be careful what you wish for. If you got that realism, then you wouldn't live everytime that SRAW or ERYX hit a couple of feet away from you...
realistically whatever the rocket hit would fragment and fly all over the place, so you'd die by "billybob [rock in head] jim bob"
DaChucksta@Hawaii
+0|6419
OK...I'm new here, but when I hear one player getting killing by an AT rocket personally (not in a vehicle), it boggles me to think.  There are players who are have skills and USE them.  Yet there are those who have no clue and mindlessly play to get killed.

My 2 cents...Aloha.

Last edited by DaChucksta@Hawaii (2006-10-23 04:36:22)

DSRTurtle
+56|6708
Another whiner.  I hate getting killed by every weapon in the game.  Get over it. 

I'm with the guy complaining about people not playing AT when your getting raped by a tank or apc.  I'm the only one playing AT.  However sometimes I'm lucky enough to have a medic or support teammate to revive/resupply me after I kill the damned thing.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6671|Norway
The AT is great if your up against a team with medic whores, i have no problem with dying from an AT, but i hate your damn coward gaymores.
Pyrri
+7|6646
I often get whined at for putting an at-round in someones face. I deal with it by doing the same thing again. Wonderful thing is that those whining about me using SRAW/ERYX (apart from the fact that they can't stand getting killed), saying I don't have any skill, are those using the G36E... Get the point?
Instead of going prone and tapping two or three bursts I shoot a rocket and then have my DAO or pistol as backup.
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6581|AK101 Factory
Don't go prone vs an AT player then, it's like the easiest shot ever for them.

Also AK101 + Short burst = AT player -health +death = you win.

Or even better, use the 203/gp-30
Moggle
+4|6602|I'm not sure
Would you really prefer them to use the bullets instead?

I use AT a lot because I love the versatility of being able to fight against anything on the map - (Yes, that includes shooting down jets and choppers). In order to get this power I SACRIFICE mid and long range killing against infantry. Have you tried to hit moving targets with a SRAW/ERYX ??, you get lucky occasionally, but usually miss (unless they're running almost straight towards/away). Most SRAW infantry kills are on still targets, who should know better than to stay still. (Yes, I know snipers need to camp/lie still, but I think they have the advantage over AT sniping wouldn't you say?).

If you don't like dying, don't lie down, don't stand still. Sidestep, then shoot us.

Realistic, not completely, but realistic in every sense would be boring as hell, so I'm content. Enjoy.

Edit: Just an observation, most people seem to be cool with AT vs. infantry as an accepted part of the game.

Last edited by Moggle (2006-10-23 05:41:12)

Moggle
+4|6602|I'm not sure

The_Jester wrote:

Agree, i can't stand fucking noobs going around with the AT out.
It's ok for long range targets, or if you are waiting for a tank and an infantryman comes out of nowhere.

But using the rockets as primary weapon in close quarters is just pathetic, the ultimate noob-tube.
If they're using it in close-quarters, you should appreciate it. It means they're not about to blow you away with the DAO-12.
mr.degman
+10|6449
AT= the second best kit in clan matches and public

OF course i use the rockets at infantry they die of 1 shoot, duuuuh.
Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6500|H-Town
What are you complaining about? AT missiles are the easiest to avoid as infantry in the game.  The splash damage is terrible.  If you cant dodge an AT missile 80% of the time while on foot thats just sad
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6701|In You Endo- Stoke
I thinks it great being AT,the more the merrier.

Use whatever weopens necessary to get the job done!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard