Poll

Compared to the 90's How is today's music?

Much Better12%12% - 14
Better1%1% - 2
They are different, I like both27%27% - 31
Worse23%23% - 26
Much Worse34%34% - 39
Total: 112
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

Coherent Lyrics > All
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6628|Australia
The Spice Girls, The Backstreet Boys, N*SYNC...

Yeah the 90s kicked ass. Id back any of those bands over the emo rock that seems to have come into popularity.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6628|San Francisco, CA
i liked 90's music way better. Hell, I don't even mind some Frank Sinatra. PWN!
Nowadays it's nothing but crap and getting stoned, with some fine woman by your side. It's all now the same thing.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6555|Seattle
The music of right now is solid. You guys should check out the new albums out this year by Venetian Snares. The original poster's year to year summary of the late nineties is a good example of why the late nineties sucked for music. Luckily other genres werent quite so dead.  1997 - Hard Normal Daddy by Squarepusher is good. Another good 1997 release was Lunatic Harness by ยต-Ziq. Just my two cents on the late 90s. I could go on about different points in time and genres but it really just comes down to personal taste. Like whether you have any or not.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2006-10-23 02:44:46)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6672
Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd > EVERYTHING

Ohhhhh.... Forgot The Who and James Brown.

REAL black music is Blues, Jazz and Rock 'n' Roll. I have loads of black dude is our school who say "But rap is the music of our forfathers" What the hell! Since when?!?!?

Last edited by ShowMeTheMonkey (2006-10-23 02:56:11)

Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6493|the Netherlands
serge you got some nice taste of music dude like your examples( Suicidal ,pantera ,alice in chains ALOT !!

nowadays its HORROOOOOORRRRR !!! say no more
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6672
Screaming vocals is the worst idea in the history of music.

Trivium anyone?

(Also dual bass pedals SUCK and the mark of an increddible untalented player. *cough* Joey Jordison *cough*)
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Sevendust should be up there in 1997
Those are my preferred albums, I put them while viewing my cd's.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

jsnipy wrote:

Prodie wrote:

90's sucked, music today sucks even more.
so how about the 80's?
I didn't put music before 90's coz my point is that music today is worse than in the 90's.  Metal had its best albums during the 80's with Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, AC/DC and Iron Maiden and in the 90's with Pantera.  The other genres besides grunge and metal I don't like them.  But if you like Pop music in the 80's and 90's you had a lot of great bands, like INXS and U2.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

kessel! wrote:

90's music = teh suck.

spice girls
all that lame ass metal

even the rap wasnt great.

the 90's were a musical disaster
I feel sorry for you if your example of 90's music is the Spice Girls.  And FYI O.G. from Ice T is one of the best rap albums in the history, ask anyone who knows.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Stealth42o wrote:

Being a DJ and having two friends who have been dj's for the last 25 years, todays music sucks.  It all sounds the same, and it's bassically "Lets see how crude we can get, and get away with it".

Just turning out artist like a machene, no quality to the songs, just fucking terrible.  Expecialy pop and rap.

I was raised on rap, R&B, etc.  And early/mid 90's and the 80's kicked ass.  It went down the tubes as soon as main stream whitey figured out he can make some cash of it and it got on the radio.  Now it's just like the generic pop shit...

"We really don't care what it sounds like just give us anything"  and that's what they get, shit.

I do not recall the last time I listened to the radio, just pisses me off.
QFT.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6561|Scarborough Yorkshire England
A slightly strange post because most people will say music was best from there youth/early 20's
Go ask your dad when the best decade for music was and he will say 60s or 70s (if he says 80's he needs a kick in the nuts) - bet you 1 karma. For those of you in their teen years now your parents probably grew up in the 80's so bet that is their choice of decade. We should do a little experiment everyone ask their parents which was thier favorite decade of music and post their date of birth + fav decade
MY Dad
born - 1949
fav decade - 1960's
So going back to the poll, for me 90's was the definitve decade of music I was 13 - 23 in the 90's
But I do like alot of the new (rock style don't know what it's classed as) bands about at the moment - killers, snow patrol etc
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Jinto-sk wrote:

A slightly strange post because most people will say music was best from there youth/early 20's
Go ask your dad when the best decade for music was and he will say 60s or 70s (if he says 80's he needs a kick in the nuts) - bet you 1 karma. For those of you in their teen years now your parents probably grew up in the 80's so bet that is their choice of decade. We should do a little experiment everyone ask their parents which was thier favorite decade of music and post their date of birth + fav decade
MY Dad
born - 1949
fav decade - 1960's
So going back to the poll, for me 90's was the definitve decade of music I was 13 - 23 in the 90's
But I do like alot of the new (rock style don't know what it's classed as) bands about at the moment - killers, snow patrol etc
You have the Much better option too.  My opinion is that today's music sucks big time.  I want someone to put a list of real good albums since 2000, and nobody could put even 10.
doneyone
+30|6526|Holland Hardcore
I hate RAP it just sux. u guys should download some gabberhouse from holland from dj's like: neophyte, darkraver etc. that's real good shit. Also I love All SOAD albums. 90 music sucked, but 00's music sucks worse...
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6645|Moscow, Russia
LIMP BIZKIT! Yeah! I am not alone! woohoo! I love you, Sergeriver!

As for 90's vs today's music... Hip-hop music is more commercialized than ever, rock music is quite ok, but nothing too special. Dance music is fine. Underground music lives, it never dies.
But that's all not so important. The important thing is that I can't go outside and go somewhere by subway these days, without meeting some pathetic emo faggots. The shit-smelling wave of emo has reached us too.
I've invented a new cocktail called Emo: 25% Goth, 25% Skater, and 50% of a homosexual. Pathetic freaks listening to something that does not deserve to be called music wearing a green-black sweeaters in summer and pink shoelaces with their fucking painted hair covering all of their stupid faces.
Sorry for this spontangeous rant, this shit just pisses me off a lot.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

meh i think youre all forgetting Justin Timberlaake's new song, ive forgot the name but the main issue here is it has vocals by the very man pingu
https://www.vicpine.co.uk/Pingu/p_pingu.jpg
bobby177
+129|6444|Texas.. getting out asap

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Screaming vocals is the worst idea in the history of music.

Trivium anyone?

(Also dual bass pedals SUCK and the mark of an increddible untalented player. *cough* Joey Jordison *cough*)
Trivium does suck, but the rest of your post is entirely untrue. Maybe 15 year old emo bands screaming is a horrible sound, but when done right, screaming and double bass pedals sound great.

And on topic now, every single kind of music they play on the radio has steadily gotten worse. The music nobody listens to (real metal, underground stuff of every genre) isn't getting worse.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6672
That's what I meant, screaming IS crap, but when it adds feeling (Foo Fighters occasionaly) it can be ok.

Though dual bass IS the sign of an untalented. If used in modestry (System of a Down) it can be ok.
Baisicaly use it in moderation!

Also I'm 17 now, but I would much rather listen to 60's 70's and 90's music above all else 80's is a bit too cock rock for me (Aerosmith, Guns 'N' Roses, Def Lepard and shite like that) Though a few bands from the 80's are ok.

I'm a bit fed up of all this "I'm different" crap people do (Aiden) just because you dress differently when you play doesn't mean your bands sound saounds different to everyone else.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Wasder wrote:

LIMP BIZKIT! Yeah! I am not alone! woohoo! I love you, Sergeriver!

As for 90's vs today's music... Hip-hop music is more commercialized than ever, rock music is quite ok, but nothing too special. Dance music is fine. Underground music lives, it never dies.
But that's all not so important. The important thing is that I can't go outside and go somewhere by subway these days, without meeting some pathetic emo faggots. The shit-smelling wave of emo has reached us too.
I've invented a new cocktail called Emo: 25% Goth, 25% Skater, and 50% of a homosexual. Pathetic freaks listening to something that does not deserve to be called music wearing a green-black sweeaters in summer and pink shoelaces with their fucking painted hair covering all of their stupid faces.
Sorry for this spontangeous rant, this shit just pisses me off a lot.
Shame on Fred Durst for being such an asshole to Wes Borland.
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6535|UK
todays music is better we have 50 cent .....oh wait a minute my bad 90s ftw
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England

Cougar wrote:

The music of today is mostly a smoldering pile of rotting maggot shit.
I could not agree more.  Where did all the talent go???
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

KingCheese wrote:

Cougar wrote:

The music of today is mostly a smoldering pile of rotting maggot shit.
I could not agree more.  Where did all the talent go???
Dimebag Darrell dead.
Kurt Cobain dead.
Layne Staley dead.
Metallica are old people.
Mustaine fucked up his arm.
Chris Cornell preferred to leave Soundgarden and rename RATM.
AC/DC are old people.
Ozzy Osbourne is old and has serious problems.
Pearl Jam is doing bad albums.
Limp Bizkit without Wes Borland is a shit.
Trujillo left Suicidal Tendencies.
And the list goes on.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6672
Too true, though I quite like Audioslave, Lacuna Coil, Queens of the Stone Age and Muse at the momment.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Too true, though I quite like Audioslave, Lacuna Coil, Queens of the Stone Age and Muse at the momment.
Audioslave is fine and that's all.  Soundgarden was great dude.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6679|Wilmington, DE, US
Ahem,
THE 1990s DID NOT HAVE PARIS HILTON NOR DID IT HAVE KEVIN FEDERLINE. BETTER MY ASS.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard