Poll

Cheezy or not? Using arty to get your combat badges.

No - Arty for the win!51%51% - 137
Yes - Fight like a man or tough woman!48%48% - 131
Total: 268
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6518
Yes, cheezy.
JaggedPanther
+61|6472
I think arty is cheezy.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6656|Australia
The only awards i want when i go commander are the commander related ones. But i dont really care if i get others - i got veteran AT by accident on wake after an arty spree. Its aaaaaallllll good
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

all kills for combat medals should be gotten with knife only whilst in parachute
Darky
Hi..
+71|6560|Here.
Couldnt care less tbh. Too many people worry about other people playing the game, rather then just playing it. Too many people saying 'that's leet' or 'you're noob because you do xxxx'.
Bonio05
+4|6574|Germany
Just play IO on a 16 player server with a big map.
You can get every(not vehicle related) badge that way.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6630|Finland

Yea, it's cheezy..

See my Ground defense badge? Semi-accident on the BF2S EU server.. But hey! Only "Semi"!
I need around tree fiddy.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6535|Search Whore killing fields
I use a J10
Hama-Raptor-UK
+58|6421|West Midlands
people if you have the expansion pack: Special Forces
go to ghost town map
be on the russian side
there is a real good TOW
people always drive past in tanks or AA's

and a tip for AA
don't go on a full server try to go on a where 13-14 people play the tickets don't go as fast, be engineer to fix your self in the top of the AA vehicle, and basically WHORE IT!
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6643|Ohio

Hama-Raptor-UK wrote:

people if you have the expansion pack: Special Forces
go to ghost town map
be on the russian side
there is a real good TOW
people always drive past in tanks or AA's

and a tip for AA
don't go on a full server try to go on a where 13-14 people play the tickets don't go as fast, be engineer to fix your self in the top of the AA vehicle, and basically WHORE IT!
I find the Essex gun is a good one to use to get the aa, because the enemy commander can't hit it with arty.
Edit: Obviously refering to maps with the carrier, I know its not on Ghost town.

Last edited by Paco_the_Insane (2006-10-18 03:45:02)

Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6559|Australia, NSW

DirtyMexican wrote:

I use a J10
same here

and no, its not cheesy, do what you like.

plus, its helping your team out(better than some noob taking commander than being a spamming smacktard etc)
I_invented_BF2
DICE/EA spokesman
+19|6481|denmark

aardfrith wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

aaack, I voted no but I meant yes, I thought it said ground defense and for those I honestly don't see how 20 GD kills IAR is doable at all. As far as combat, get your boots dirty.
Same here.  Commanders should stay the hell out of planes and helis.
sure they should.. cause it's just so unrealistic, that a commander might command from a plane or a chopper in real life, right...

that would be outrageous... could any of you guys in your wildest imagination, see the American president in a plane - we could call it "air force one" - and then he would might command from up there, if ANYTHING went wrong in his area of responsibility......?
OpsChief
+101|6674|Southern California
Commanding ground forces from within a 747 command post is different than commanding ground manuever from the pilot's seat of an attack aircraft, that's why our irl counterparts don't do it.

@ I_invented_BF2  GW Bush with a wrench repairing a damaged SAT Dish on his jumbojet lmao I can hear him now "Chenney point that darn shotgun the other way while I fix this damn....nucular wepun console"
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6620|Gold coast, Aus.
I accidently got my expert Air Defence by it.  A jet kept sweeping our Carrier so i got in the Essex and whenever i saw him coming - out of commander and would fire at him. Then suddenly i got expert Air Defence. But it is cheezy.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6824|Netherlands

Arcano-D.E.S wrote:

I was wondering whether people thought it was cheesy to get your combat badges by using arty in the command role. I personally think it is only cheesy if you are using it to get your plane or chopper badges.

What do you think?
another whine threat;
when you look around all do it that  way
whining about it only makes things worse for peeps who don't have um yet...

happened many times, after whining for stricter game play in another patch  ,  so fuck off.
i bet u have um all deserved that way  so STFU!! 

i play here from start BF2 and never gonna get any badges or medals in my personal snail mail mode  ;

again  stop this crap  and leave some things for peeps that are not so good in handling a computer game all day l l
like u.                                                                   SHUT UR TRAP!

P.S.  Most top profiles with all the goodies and so fort,
are 1 man profiles played by dozens of different people,
for example: coffeehouse or Internet-cafe,s.

and they pay by the minute for it.

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2006-10-23 00:42:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard