Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6681|Canada
I feel like an asshole because I missed the match.  I've been having alot of computer problems lately and some viruses, and I've been busy to boot.  I wish I was there, sorry guys
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

kr@cker wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

no one put me in their sig
Au contraire...
you made me happy in the pants!!

@ bert, if you did, i can't return the favor, i don't have anything to edit the screenshots with
Really? I used paint.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6642|United States - Illinois

sergeriver wrote:

Who is Coltwister?
He was a ringer from Kmarions clan.  We had 11 and got two rings so we would have 13 v13. Ship said it was all good as long as we had even numbers and didn't get more then you had.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
wish I could have been there, but I had a pretty decent time at my first reserve drill, next week hopefully?

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-10-22 17:24:40)

vedds
+52|6753|Christchurch New Zealand
Who is [Lib] Mygoss?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
I would say the highlight of the match was when I knifed ATG and Colfax, I was unforutnately screenshoted noether.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559

Colfax wrote:

He was a ringer from Kmarions clan.  We had 11 and got two rings so we would have 13 v13. Ship said it was all good as long as we had even numbers and didn't get more then you had.
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the match?
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6499|Los Angeles

Bubbalo wrote:

Colfax wrote:

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the match?
meh - they needed to field a team. I'd rather have them play with a full 13 than not.

I think the rule should be no ringer pilots. other than that anything is fair game.

anyway, good to see you bitching about the game Bubbalo even though you didn't show up...
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559
It's the Liberal way!
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6547|Southeastern USA
and now your training is complete, sir bubbalo, the student has become the master
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559
Do I get a sword or lightsaber or deathray or something?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Colfax wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Who is Coltwister?
Np.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6642|United States - Illinois
I was just disappointed that only 11 guys showed up.  We had a bunch of measures to get people informed and confirmed to play.  After making them come here, go to our forum, read something weeks in advance, give me their email by emailing it for confirmation, then i email them about 5 to 6 times with new details and final information to their 'main email' everyone still doesn't show with no one saying they werent going to make it.  At least email us saying you won't make it.  If you can't keep an appointment you make weeks in advance how do you expect to get through life.  I know there are reasons why you might not make it.  No problem.  But if you are not going to make it at least email someone that you aren't.  And since i made an email just for our team it would have been pretty easy.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Remember for future reference^^^
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6585|sWEEDen
all i know is that i was one of the last two LiBs still in game when the last round ended, and hell i was a late reserve....shame shame libs...

[LiB]MyGOSS was a friend of mine that was on stand by for playing,next time...lets commicate better (like all be on xfire in a groupchat or on the f7f7 ts server)...i might be able to hook us up with a back-up server if any problems and also all of you are always welcome to connect to the F7F7s teamspeak server whenever.....NARYA.DYNDNS.INFO....no psw needed,also check our forums out http://www.f7f7clan.net/ for some funny screenshots,bullshit and more LiBs....

anyway....the game was really fun for a while but the most important thing was i made many new friends and also had a chance to fight for my beleives.

edit: well the one of the last two libs on the LiB team that is ....damn urbanwarfare cameronpoe!!!

Last edited by [F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi (2006-10-23 09:09:46)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
I must work out how to use teamspeak. I've never used the mic before although I have taken verbal orders from a commander with great success. Do I need to trawl the help threads or can someone summarise for me how to set it up. The mic test on installation is a little puzzling. I get high pitch noise when I lower the bar to a particular level - where do I set the bar for the mic?
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6585|sWEEDen
Are we talking external teamspeak or bf2´s internal? anyway...levels should be set quite nice auto in both...just have "push key to talk" instead of a level of sound for auto and it should sort out...also there are other options like dif. quallity and stuff to set in you use external teamspeak. Also set the windows settings on mic to high level and use the mic gain/boost in both win and bf2.  If you are talking about  that mic level meter in the bf2 install its just about the range of the mic....so...just leave it
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6547|Southeastern USA

CameronPoe wrote:

I must work out how to use teamspeak. I've never used the mic before although I have taken verbal orders from a commander with great success. Do I need to trawl the help threads or can someone summarise for me how to set it up. The mic test on installation is a little puzzling. I get high pitch noise when I lower the bar to a particular level - where do I set the bar for the mic?
same here, at first i was on straight, but by the time the match started i could only listen as everyone said they couldn't hardly hear me, i never used it before saturday. regardless, i still like to see command points on the map. As a rule from my soundboard days, you want your mic volume to be just barely bumping the red zone, and either use push to talk or a high activation threshold if you use speakers as opposed to headphones so as to eliminate feedback loops. The problem with PC's is usually you have more than one volume control for your mic, sometimes one feeding into the other (effectively amplifying it) so you have to sort out how many mixer controls you have, eliminate the redundant ones, then tweak the neessary. Between creative, EAX, windows media player, and realtel i had at least 5 controls to sort through, but since i couldn't play with it til saturday i just decided to grin and bear it instead of risking blasting everyone out.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

VOIP was working on the server also
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6585|sWEEDen
The easieast is actually to use the internal bf2 ts and set all mic settings on highest in windows,micboost on if available. Then set effects in bf2 around 15%,the vioceover to 100%. Send and receive at 100% and enable micgain in there also. And then use the B key for the squadtalk and the V key for talking to the commander if squadleader. 

Bf2´s own ts works totaly fine and there really are no need for external programs...but if you really want or have to use ventrilo or teamspeak its almost the same settings there but you can aso pick sound quallity and more options.

Last edited by [F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi (2006-10-23 10:13:09)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6694|NJ
All I have to say is that I told everyone two days early that I'd be leaving early cause I had to do work.. It took longer then I thought so I couldn't get back in time.. Sorry for bailing, but I's got's to make's the money
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

VOIP was working on the server also
VOIP consumes a lot of resources that TS doesn't.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina
I took over a month to organize this match, and I wanted to stay for sure, but at 18:40 GMT, when the second Sharqi was over, I had to leave without exception.   The first match I was one of the last 3 guys in the match for libs, but this time I couldn't stay, coz I thought the match would be over by 18 GMT.  I apologize for leaving you guys.  I started with the match at 12 GMT, fixing last minute details so I was connected with this for about 7 seven hours.  Anyway, the match was over after second Sharqi.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

sergeriver wrote:

I took over a month to organize this match, and I wanted to stay for sure, but at 18:40 GMT, when the second Sharqi was over, I had to leave without exception.   The first match I was one of the last 3 guys in the match for libs, but this time I couldn't stay, coz I thought the match would be over by 18 GMT.  I apologize for leaving you guys.  I started with the match at 12 GMT, fixing last minute details so I was connected with this for about 7 seven hours.  Anyway, the match was over after second Sharqi.
Exactly the same for me (*edit* apart from the organising).

How many rounds of Jalalabad did we actually play? 3? 4? 5? 6?

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-10-23 10:59:34)

rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6558

Colfax wrote:

I was just disappointed that only 11 guys showed up.  We had a bunch of measures to get people informed and confirmed to play.  After making them come here, go to our forum, read something weeks in advance, give me their email by emailing it for confirmation, then i email them about 5 to 6 times with new details and final information to their 'main email' everyone still doesn't show with no one saying they werent going to make it.  At least email us saying you won't make it.  If you can't keep an appointment you make weeks in advance how do you expect to get through life.  I know there are reasons why you might not make it.  No problem.  But if you are not going to make it at least email someone that you aren't.  And since i made an email just for our team it would have been pretty easy.
Deniial of Service attack.

I feel like shit for no makiing it. I woke up that morning and went to the store for RedBulls and smokes. Got my snacks ready, went to flip on the computer and noticed my modem was not lit up. Rebooted the modem, computer and nothing. Spent an hour and a half with tech support but that was a waste of time. My apalogies to everyone that made it. I was really pissed of all day. Damn im still mad.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard