GregDouglas
+0|6728
I hate the fact that everyone punishes for teamkills with out a second thought, I could be shooting at enemies with my rifle, have a guy run up in front of me, voIP him to move, which he doesn't, change my line of fire, and have him run infront of me again, then get killed by me, I say "sorry", but before I even press the voIP, I am punished, WTF? I used to try and forgive all team killers, but now i don't go out of my way for anyone, since no one will for me. And I also hate medics that don''t heal, or just walk over your body when you ask for a revive. !
jasondemon2000
+0|6728
I was playing gulf of oman last night. A gut called toxic vomit seemed to have it in for me. Hes on the same team as me but kept coming after me. i chose to forgive him each time and asked him what was the problem but he just ran for me everytime. ????? ive never seen him before and havnt got a clue what his problem is.???
{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6745|Winnipeg, Manitoba
it's called stpid idiots with ADD and have fun or enjoy themselves by pissing off other serious games... betcha his mother bought him the game
Esker
+1|6744
Well I wouldn't blame it on medics at all. Here's my view on why MEC loose and I'll use Kankand for an example.

The MEC team lose Karkand for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason I've seen is that they all spawn at the hotel with nade launchers and attack the spawning US teams. Meanwhile some people with half a brain on the yank side jump in a hummer and shoot off to the suburb or similar and pretty much takes all their rear bases. Meanwhile the MEC team is at the Hotel fighting off the US advance, I suppose you could blame this on the fact the medics were reviving people (Oh my god the horror) at the hotel.

Another reason they loose and often goes in hand with the above reason is the APC and Tank that spawn kills the retards spawning at the hotel. They can collect a tonne of points here because the MEC just can't let go of the hotel. Ok, ok it's the best hotel in Kakand and it has a really hot girl working there but still it's not exactly worth the loss of tickets. She's a dirty whore anyway.

Meanwhile The US team now have the Gatehouse, the train accident, the suburb and taking over the Market. Oh and there's a spec ops guy there blowing up the enemy commanders assets. That is of course if someone actually bothered to apply for it.

I suppose you could if you going to be an arse blame that entirely on medics but I'd blame that on poor teamwork and someone popping friendly medics isn't exactly helping at all.

End of the day and this isn't a medic speaking here because I'm not one really. If you get killed it's your fault, you can't blame the medic for reviving you just because YOU got yourself killed infront of that tank. The medic might be a gloring seeking twat but at the end of the day as I've said it's your fault for dying and taking it out on him just makes you the one looking a twat. I tend to tk people who tk medics on purpose, because if I die I want that guy reviving me.

Last edited by Esker (2005-12-12 19:57:21)

Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6730|Hong Kong, China
Exactly what I would've done, and if I want sombody in my squad, it would be you rather than some random medic-tking guy.
Trobow
+1|6733|Kettering, Ohio
Some people do play and do purposely kill you.  A lot of times I find it to be clan servers and you seem to be on the other side opposite of the clan.  You and a few other guys seem to be winning and doing much better than the clan, and BANG you are either kicked or a clan member logs in as his secondary player and starts team killing to piss you off. 

It would be nice to be notified by an admin before being kicked.
{504th}T/4.Stryker

Esker wrote:

if I die I want that guy reviving me.
I'll be there to help ya
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6744|Debris From Space

Trobow wrote:

Some people do play and do purposely kill you.  A lot of times I find it to be clan servers and you seem to be on the other side opposite of the clan.  You and a few other guys seem to be winning and doing much better than the clan, and BANG you are either kicked or a clan member logs in as his secondary player and starts team killing to piss you off. 

It would be nice to be notified by an admin before being kicked.
yeah i hate that. Stupid clan members who can't deal with the fact that people are better than them, so they start accusing you of cheating or "hacking" as they call it. Then they kick you, or teamkill you. This really pisses me off because there is nothing you can do. I normally avoid clan servers.
topal63
. . .
+533|6735

Esker wrote:

Well I wouldn't blame it on medics at all. Here's my view on why MEC loose and I'll use Kankand for an example.

The MEC team lose Karkand for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason I've seen is that they all spawn at the hotel with nade launchers and attack the spawning US teams. Meanwhile some people with half a brain on the yank side jump in a hummer and shoot off to the suburb or similar and pretty much takes all their rear bases. Meanwhile the MEC team is at the Hotel fighting off the US advance, I suppose you could blame this on the fact the medics were reviving people (Oh my god the horror) at the hotel.

Another reason they loose and often goes in hand with the above reason is the APC and Tank that spawn kills the retards spawning at the hotel. They can collect a tonne of points here because the MEC just can't let go of the hotel. Ok, ok it's the best hotel in Kakand and it has a really hot girl working there but still it's not exactly worth the loss of tickets. She's a dirty whore anyway.

Meanwhile The US team now have the Gatehouse, the train accident, the suburb and taking over the Market. Oh and there's a spec ops guy there blowing up the enemy commanders assets. That is of course if someone actually bothered to apply for it.

I suppose you could if you going to be an arse blame that entirely on medics but I'd blame that on poor teamwork and someone popping friendly medics isn't exactly helping at all.

End of the day and this isn't a medic speaking here because I'm not one really. If you get killed it's your fault, you can't blame the medic for reviving you just because YOU got yourself killed infront of that tank. The medic might be a gloring seeking twat but at the end of the day as I've said it's your fault for dying and taking it out on him just makes you the one looking a twat. I tend to tk people who tk medics on purpose, because if I die I want that guy reviving me.
You make no effort to understand my sarcastic commenting about stupidity . . . framed in the comic idea of TK-ing an IDIOT medic.

(But and yes I have TK-ed a medic; 3 times total in 6 months; not everyone/dingbat understands this form of in-game communication; as an idea; it is rendered ineffective by their/maybe your stupidity/and your assumption that you/they are somekind of magnanimous human being; and I HAVE SEEN other players do it as well - yet they the IDIOT medics continue to do it in a HOT-ZONE).

Other IDIOTS don't understand why you shoot at them when they take the only jeep and drive away.
They're like: HAHA A-hole
And,
We are: LIKE just BACK-UP and let US leave too.

I have been TK more times than I thought was possible? I am frustrated by that as well,
but never seeking retribution - its a GAME!

I have been REVIVED in a HOT-ZONE more times than I thought was possible? Yes it's frustrating,
but I am not seeking retribution - its a GAME!

And none of this is personal its a generalization we've ALL SEEN.

1.) It is a game; and in game communication is not always possible.
2.) Medics reviving you in a HOT ZONE is the POINT.
3.) This is a forum see #1; GET THE POINT?
4.) Just because you might show restraint/skill/thoughtfullness at reviving a player - MOST DON'T
Get the POINT!
5.) The IDIOT-medic comment is not personally directed at you personally - its a general COMMENT:POINT.

Honestly & obviously no one is blaming BAD play on the MEDIC class-kit; but it significantly contributes, when players SEEK points before map objectives.

PTG City maps server was unplayable/unenjoyable the other night due to nearly everyone being a medic on the USMC side; plenty of points were had for the USMC players & yet every round was lost.

This thread is about stupidity - yet you run rough-shot over the topic of the thread - defending your medic-kit-class-choice when no one singled you out personally as being a SUCKY MEDIC PLAYER.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-13 17:14:35)

Sud
+0|6765
Topal one thing you're forgetting in this is that tickets are what win the game, not map points. To further the Karkand example - I've seen USMC win plenty without ever even capturing hotel, which is supposed to be "optimal position" for MEC. You are correct in that people seek points above all else, but not for exactly the reason you seem to intend.

While map points may affect rate of ticket loss, this effect is sadly usually overshadowed by the actual battles themselves. Yes, people are seeking their points, but in doing so, they are actually winning the game, based on their performances. I agree, map points should hold more ticket draining power.

Oh my god I agreed with Topal.
topal63
. . .
+533|6735

Sud wrote:

Topal one thing you're forgetting in this is that tickets are what win the game, not map points.
Not true - loosing to many flags significantly increases the ticket loss rate. . .

The MEC side can win sometimes (on Karkand) by holding only the 4 back bases, the reason being that the
USMC side is not sitting on their ass's! Being an aggressor when the map is reduced to a full on assault to get even one flag back there, results in massive USMC losses, also the commander art.y strikes play a role on ticket loss. (IF the USMC side sat on their butts & let the MEC side try to leave the BACK bases then they WIN! BASED on TICKET LOSS! + they will get a bunch of easy MEC kills).

Being the aggressor has a price - you've already been spotted and you're moving into posistion that are targets for massive amounts of opposing team fire.

But it is a near certainty that if you loose a base that hase strategic equipment and you can not regain it;
it's over!

Nearly all the up front MEC flags can be lost and recaptured and the MEC side can win; but not the BACK base where the TANKS & APC's spawn. . . if the MEC side looses it and can't/doesn't recapture it . . .

OVER
&
OVER
&
OVER AGAIN

I have seen the USMC side TAKE EVERY FLAG thereafter - then it is just a hunt to kill the last guy alive; the MEC commander.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-13 17:39:44)

Sud
+0|6765
In general I get the feeling that USMC is more at the advantage on Karkand - terrainwise, and definitely vehicle wise (LAV >> BTR, and if it's 32 player no apcs at all for MEC).

Plus as you say, it's really easy for USMC to sneak some people through and capture something like suburb and then come in with a pinchers.

But many games I see US win without capturing anything. It's usually games where MEC is good enough to put up a big fight. Usually games where it comes down to hunting the last commander alive MEC sucked and gave up their factory and vechicles and command assets, and that is essentially game over for MEC.

Correct me if I'm wrong but US starts with more tickets too, doesn't it?

I still get the feeling that the killing is the bigger factor than the flag ownership in Karkand but very hard to support that statement with just anecdotal evidence.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6739|Sydney, Australia
I hate those idiot medics that revive no matter what.

Example, I was on wake as USMC defendinf a base from 2 tanks. I kill one tank but run out of ammo halfway through the second. Thats when the tank sees me and riddles me with bullets.

I say over <team> "DONT REVIVE ME IM OUT OF AMMO"

What does the idiot medic (who cant be seen by tank) do? Im revived... then the tank kills me again... then im revived.

My only reprive comes from the medic being killed too.

sud wrote:

It is because the US begin with one base. The map is a assault (i think) meaning they need to have over half the bases to stop ticket bleed.

They begin with extra as a "buffer".

Last edited by mcminty (2005-12-13 19:39:31)

topal63
. . .
+533|6735

Sud wrote:

In general I get the feeling that USMC is more at the advantage on Karkand - terrainwise, and definitely vehicle wise (LAV >> BTR, and if it's 32 player no apcs at all for MEC).

Plus as you say, it's really easy for USMC to sneak some people through and capture something like suburb and then come in with a pinchers.

But many games I see US win without capturing anything. It's usually games where MEC is good enough to put up a big fight. Usually games where it comes down to hunting the last commander alive MEC sucked and gave up their factory and vechicles and command assets, and that is essentially game over for MEC.

I still get the feeling that the killing is the bigger factor than the flag ownership in Karkand but very hard to support that statement with just anecdotal evidence.
Doesn't matter the initial TICKET count difference it's minor. The ticket rate loss for the USMC is HIGH if
they cannot get out the main base.

And well, the MEC side should win EVERY time!

The assault necessary to get out of the main USMC side should cost to much, in art.y strikes, assault losses,
and rapid ticket loss due to no flag cap.s

The only reason MEC looses is when the MEC players are imbalanced in ability, incorrect use of armor: should patrol PLUGS not just seek the LUSH kill-zones!, and improper kit selections, if this happens they don't understand how to win easily & the plugs are few and NOT secret to anyone who has played Karkand much.

An APC down the middle or the (2) supposed side (E., W., utterly unsecret) escapes are C4-ed and/or AT-ed easily. Tanks down the middle same thing.

The only reason one gets out (tank, apc or transport, or person swimming even) is because of an IMBALANCE in kit selection + the MEC players that line up, in the street, on the East side wasting 3 armor units, so they can sit in that kill zone.

You can only sit in that kill zone IF there is support coming from proper player kit selection then the leaks are PLUGGED!

When PLUGGED then,
. . . when the MEC side plays like that - this HAPPENS - not only is the USMC side not getting anything out of the main base - MEC troops are comming IN!  And it's overwhelming win for the MEC team.
Sud
+0|6765
Yeah, MEC is supposed to be the entrenched ones, at least from the map's DESCRIPTION, but in actuality it's the exact opposite. US assault is like a whirlwind up until a few points.

US has this huge hill coming from all sides of their spawn. High ground = advantage. The two extreme sides facilitate snipers which fire on the MEC incessantly, but MEC cannot easily setup counter snipes simply because they're in the middle of the warzone.

Early game, the US can hurl grenades into that fenced off hotel area for a lot of kills (my grenade gimmick account loves that area), but MEC cannot respond in turn because grenades thrown back always over shoot the building which the USMC hug, and are buffeted by the hill. US soldiers are easily able to dart out behind that building to kill MEC, but if MEC try to do the same, the have an entire spawn of USMC team attacking them.

USMC armor and reenforcement armor also arrives on the scene much faster than MEC armor, which must drive the entire map's length just to get to that.

That's why US likes to hold the hotel area, it gives them access to spawn frags, and the terrain there is stacked against the MEC that I feel the tactical advantage outweighs the ticket loss. In the case that the US progresses through, square is relatively easy to take, due to it being attackable from all angles. Usually MEC starts fronting a defense at suburb, and their strongest defense is at the train accident, because they finally can properly chokepoint and push back the superior US armored vehicles by blowing up the bridge (and their vehicles don't have such a long drive to get back to the action).

As far as my personal stats go, there has been for me a tendancy for US dominance on Karkand. I have a 1.82 win to loss ratio on it, with Karkand as most played map, USMC (45 hour playtime) having 153 wins 55 losses, MEC (26 hour playtime) having 63 wins 62 losses, and the map of Karkand itself having 153 wins 79 losses (with primary side being USMC), though that's just my personal experience from playing the game, might be different from others.

There are actually a lot more exits than just down the road. There are two potential exits for vehicles on the US right side - you can travel behind the buildings and come out at square, or you can travel on the drop off perimeter and end up at train accident. It takes a lot of C4 to cover all three roads as well as constant attention to them so you're there when something tries to pass them, which makes that a very rarely seen strategy. And of course the fact that the US armor arrives on the scene faster, so for the first few seconds you'll see a US vehicle rush unless it is pushed back by anti tanks.

The problem is that MEC is defending so there's nothing they can really do proactive to the game. US has all kinds of sneaky capture strategies they can do. What can MEC do? It can't capture the US main, but US can capture the MEC main! You might see MEC winning a lot more games if they could actually capture those three US spawns, especially when US has advanced into the game. Karkand is far from a balanced map for sure. I was just screwing around with special forces capturing suburb and factory/cement factory/gatehouse right at the beginning of round with the jeep, and it's amazing how much MEC gets crippled when US starts capturing their spawns. I actually eventually had people joining my squad because we were ending games so quickly with flag capture blitzes. They have to divert all their armor to defense of that, and they lose hotel, square, everything. If they lose factory, it is game over, all their vehicles become US, 4 LAVs and 2 tanks are just utter MEC DEATH

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-14 13:00:29)

DRB_Black
+0|6731|Sacramento, California
I have a few hours of playing Medic.  It's what I do in real life.  I am a paramedic.  Street rule one: Never attempt a rescue that will put your life at risk.  If I think I might die trying to save you, SIN LOY GI, you can respawn any where you want, it's your K/D not mine.  If I see that your life bar is damn near gone I will try to get you a health pack.  Don't be a DICK and run away when you see me coming or draw me into someone else line of fire.  I will defend my position, and help to capture one, but the medics job is to keep the team healthy and THAT my friend is the priority.  ALSO, like the spec ops and engineers, I have no body armor it would be nice if you SO_CALLED team players gave my ass a little cover fire when I'm trying to give aid to one of your squad mates instead of jumping into a vehicle and leaving my ass hanging in the breeze so some MEC fuck can pop me.    (For those of you who are too young to know, SIN LOY is Vietnamese for TOUGH SHIT)
Sud
+0|6765
Sometimes I revive someone who's in the middle of a fire zone, but I'm safe (ie. standing around a corner), and that person will die like 3 times. And I'll be like "come on lamer, move when you get revived, it's only 2 feet for you to get behind this wall of safety"

Some people have the reaction time of a hibernating frog
DRB_Black
+0|6731|Sacramento, California
Two feet is a hell of a long way when some spawn camper is waiting to pop you in the ass when you revive.  Then too, there always seems to be a split second of disorientation after being revived.  Usually enough for the spawn camper to get a real good bead on you.
Lawk
+2|6791
Hey topal, your posts are usually quite idiotic, but your first one in this thread is freakin awesome.  If I am ever on your team in-game I will definitely switch teams to avoid being capped in the back for sneazing.
topal63
. . .
+533|6735

DRB_Black wrote:

Two feet is a hell of a long way when some spawn camper is waiting to pop you in the ass when you revive.  Then too, there always seems to be a split second of disorientation after being revived.  Usually enough for the spawn camper to get a real good bead on you.
It's not spawn camping! LOL

LOOK! I just nade-luanch a guy, I back-up stand there a moment because I see a MEDIC with his shock paddles out - if the MEDIC had his wits about him he would have his gun out and he would be shooting at me, plenty of time goes by for my nader to load - BLAMMO the both of them - that is not spawn camping.

. . . & spawn camping can only happen at an uncapturable flag and/or the last flag.

If there is another safer flag and YOU WANT TO spawn at the HOT ONE and you get BLOWN-AWAY - there is no one to BLAME for that STUPIDITY but yourself!

BUT if you get revived and BLOWN-AWAY a second time exactly the way you were the 1st time, AND EVEN BY THE SAME PLAYER! there is no one to BLAME for that STUPIDITY but  the IDIOT MEDIC!

Lawk wrote:

Hey topal, your posts are usually quite idiotic, but your first one in this thread is freakin awesome.  If I am ever on your team in-game I will definitely switch teams to avoid being capped in the back for sneazing.
You could only come to the conclusion if you didn't read the entire thread or fail to see the context in which  it was presented.

But hey, that's fine with me!

+

Percentage -wise I am usually on the loosing side anyways! So that would be a statistcally well made choice! Can't help it - even when I see a server without Auto-Balance: OFF, and there are 40 guys on the USMC side and only 20 MEC.s defending - I am joining the MEC side - I am a hopelessly intrigued by lost causes - yes that is my stupidity and I admit to it!

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-14 14:10:40)

Jodah3
+1|6756

topal63 wrote:

DRB_Black wrote:

It's not spawn camping! LOL

LOOK! I just nade-luanch a guy, I back-up stand there a moment because I see a MEDIC with his shock paddles out - if the MEDIC had his wits about him he would his gun would be out and he would be shooting at me, plenty of time goes by for my nader to load - BLAMMO the both of them - that is not spawn camping.

. . . & spawn camping can only happen at an uncapturable flag and/or the last flag.

If there is another safer flag and YOU WANT TO spawn at the HOT ONE and you get BLOWN-AWAY - there is no one to BLAME for that STUPIDITY but yourself!

BUT if you get revived and BLOWN-AWAY a second time exactly the way you were, AND EVEN BY THE SAME PLAYER! there is no one to BLAME for that STUPIDITY but  the IDIOT MEDIC!
He is quite correct.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6745|Honolulu, HI
Wow, that's quite a conundrum, isn't it?  The teamkill forgive/punish system (on servers that implement it) is supposed to discourage flagrant TKs by punishing them twice as severely as usual...but of course that only serves as a deterrent if the TKer actually cares about his score.  If he's willing to take a -8 for the sake of "making a point" to "IDIOT MEDICS", as topal seems to be, then really, the TK punish has no meaning.

Which is great for topal, but kind of sucks for players on the receiving end of the friendly bullets.  Admittedly I've made some errors in judgment when it comes to deciding who to revive and who to let die, but this is the way I see it.  Let's pretend I'm a Medic and I'm behind some crates or sandbags or whatever, and I see an Anti-Tank or Spec Ops get critically wounded by an enemy armor or APC.  I pull out the shock paddles and think about reviving him.

If I do it, there's always the possibility that I'll get Topal-ed.  If I don't, and I decide to take the Anti-tank or Spec Ops for myself and attempt to take out the enemy vehicle on my own, I run the risk of getting an unfriendly message (e.g., "wtf u n00b medic, u have shock paddles but u let me die omfg") in the chat.

Or how about this: Coming into a firefight with my G36E out, I shoot at an enemy, who takes cover behind something.  I see the "critically wounded teammate" symbol flashing at the corner of my screen.  Knowing there's an enemy right behind the wall (or whatever) I now need to make a decision.  If I go behind the wall and try to kill the enemy by myself, there's the distinct possibility that he'll gun me down or n00b t00b me or something, and both of us will be dead.  If I revive him first, well, I could get a Topal.

But I would choose to revive, nine times out of ten, simply because it makes sense.  Especially if the enemy's in retreat, even if for just a second, then using that downtime to double-up instead of taking him on solo is a very wise investment.  If you die but I live, then I can just revive you again and we can be on our merry way.  If I die but you live, that's fine, too; if you want to take my kit and revive me, whatever--I'm flexible that way.

Yes, reviving the same guy more than twice is kind of retarded.  It legitimately keeps him from spawning for a very long time.  But come on--even if I revive a guy in a combat zone, that means AT MOST I've kept him from spawning in for 15 seconds (I won't revive again unless I get called upon to specifically).  Bottom line--I kept you from getting another "D" in your K/D, so if you wanted to die to spawn somewhere else with a different kit, I'm sorry, but just suck it up, and try to grin and bear with your free life as best you can.  It's not necessary to thank me with friendly fire, I wouldn't appreciate it.
{504th}T/4.Stryker
I was playing last night and came upon this stupid idiot... running around karkand guns blazing shooting into the aair and shit, really annoying bugger... someone killed him from far away down the street with a pistol... 3 shots I heard thats all so as a medic I ran up and revived him thinking he'll be abit more cautious and not so stupid... what the hell does he do? as soon as he revived he turned to me shot me and then got blown to shit by a tank seconds later... now thats stupid!
onebadengineer
+0|6722
Is it ok to TK?

Yup, when a player, TK's me to get a AH or Jet.   You know the guys,  the snip you out of the cock pit, then jump in or the every popular oh so tricky C4 plant.  Whats makes anyone think they can TK some one to get a vehicle for themselves?  If you did this in Rf you,d get a fat lip.  When this happens to me I TK these guys mercilessy until either one of us gets kicked.  If you look the other way these dults will simple do this every time.  Its easier for me, I have plenty of GP's to spare.  Believe me plenty of, dopy snipers looking for a quick drop off too spawn kill, or a chopper hogs have, quickly learned some people are not amused by their actions and will retaliate.  I've taken scores of minus a hundred on numerous occations, and don't care.  Its a matter fo principle for me, nothing gauls me more.  I don't mind sharing or waiting, let it be known throught the land you TK me for a vehicle and I'll hunt you down, night after night for weeks, until you crie uncle, so help me god.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6730|Hong Kong, China
I think we may have a new verb in the making:

To Topal or Topal-ise: To kill a medic who has revived you, risking himself in a firefight.

To onebadengineer (someone or something) is to hunt a TKer down until one of them get's kicked.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard