Sud
+0|6755
Server IP: 38.117.23.124:16567

Idiotic admin story

I was playing on here and the FMG were doing their business pitch about their servers (they apparently rent out BF2 servers and whatnot). The conversation went like this:

Random person: Do they select their admins?
Me: They hire only the finest hobos as admins

5 seconds later 'Punkbuster: You have been kicked for the following reason "Hobos with the power to kick YOU to the curb"'

Went back in

random FMG member: "Talk about our admins again and you'll never play here again"

me: "Take your threats elsewhere powermonger, I was simply cracking a joke"

Punkbuster: you have been kicked "Take your ATTITUDE elsewhere"

rejoin again

me: "Kick or grief me again, and I will be reporting this server for ranked status removal for 1. non enforcement of the orange name exploit, and 2. stat manipulation [adding kicks to my permanent record for no good reason], as well as a recommendation to bf2idiots.com, got it?"

banned

Caveat emptor, beware the 12 year old admins that run rampant on this server.

Side note: Can anyone actually verify if non enforcement of the orange name/large font on ranked servers is against EA's advisement? I had heard from a non official source that all ranked servers are told to kick them on sight.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6781|Golden, CO
Here's a tip: DON'T BE A DICK WHEN THERE ARE ADMINS ON THE SERVER.

Seriously, why rejoin twice?  That's just stupid.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6772
that server is always laggy as hell for me and people pad on there. i.e. keep throwing grenades at nothing and i'll keep resupplying you buddy.

sud, you should never have rejoined in the first place. support someone else, like the good folks at the bf2s server
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

5ud wasn't being a dick. He cracked a harmless joke and some asshole thought it would be funny to be a dickhead. What a fucking crap admin, it's people like that who will be killed with a cheese-grater.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Sud
+0|6755
There's a bf2s server? Nice what's ip?
AFlyingNun
+0|6727
The first kick was kinda funny, could've just been an innocent response to your joke. But the others, were friken retarded...
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6772
bf2s server ip: 72.36.222.172

name: 24/7 Urban City Maps (BF2s.com)
RedEyes-CAD
+1|6719|Arizona
That sounds like an abuse of power, seen many times on forums.  I didn't know bf2s had a server...checking that out soon, thanks deltaforcewarrior.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6772
my pleasure red-eyes-cad. the real problem is that when you want to play there, there never seems to be enough people to start a game.
Xponential
+0|6772

Sud wrote:

Idiotic admin story

I was playing on here and the FMG were doing their business pitch about their servers (they apparently rent out BF2 servers and whatnot). The conversation went like this:

5 seconds later 'Punkbuster: You have been kicked for the following reason "Hobos with the power to kick YOU to the curb"'

Went back in

random FMG member: "Talk about our admins again and you'll never play here again"

rejoin again

me: "Kick or grief me again, and I will be reporting this server for ranked status removal for 1. non enforcement of the orange name exploit, and 2. stat manipulation [adding kicks to my permanent record for no good reason], as well as a recommendation to bf2idiots.com, got it?"

banned

Side note: Can anyone actually verify if non enforcement of the orange name/large font on ranked servers is against EA's advisement? I had heard from a non official source that all ranked servers are told to kick them on sight.
Honestly, I would have done the same damn thing to you   Their admins are actually pretty cool and those FMG servers are some of my favorites.  They make good rules like on their mashtuur city server that you can't ram the choppers into each other, and you can't lock the chopper squads.  If you do, you get kicked, then banned for repeat offenses.  Their admins actually listen to you if you have a problem with someone.  That's a lot more than I can say for most servers.
dan500
+57|6855
Mabye admins having a bad day, and dont feel like jokeing, i know ive had these days, and when someone starts, there gone.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6753

dan500 wrote:

Mabye admins having a bad day, and dont feel like jokeing, i know ive had these days, and when someone starts, there gone.
It's admins like this that don't understand the core of being an adminstrator for BF2 ranked servers. It is not your duty nor should it be your ability to turf people because your having a bad day. Cheating/Hacks/Unbearable exploiting is one thing, but kicking people for joking, sass, being good at a kit, or because they are killing you is childish and just cause for complaint.

I've had it out with admins so many times now because when you our your squad is doing well they find reason to start kicking and banning because they are "having a bad day" or they are loosing and don't like it. FFS grow some balls and play with dignity instead of kicking those you have no right to kick or ban.
Sud
+0|6755
I've seen lots of CANADA clan players on random servers I've played in, and they've always acted very decently whenever I've seen them. Don't know a single reason why any admin would have reason to kick a CANADA player.

I just can't get my head around it. I mean, having a bad day is one thing, but FFS have some respect and just say you're not in a joking mood.

I thought the first kick was in jest too, I was halfway through typing "wow tough crowd" upon rejoining when I got that line of text from them threatening me.

I don't take threats from anybody.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-15 02:09:24)

*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6751|Malaga, EspaƱa

Sud wrote:

Idiotic admin story

Went back in

rejoin again

banned

I think with ur reply u where asking for it some people can have a bad day.  mostly the people who pay for the server get admin rights....so ur answer was usseles and stupid .

This also is an reply that u where asking for it....my advice is Say(in ur room) : Fuck you,bitch, cocksucker, fag, idiot , asshole, dickhead, go suck ur momma tits etc etc whatever u come up with,  but Type in BF2 server : alright sorry...and frag along the rounds

banned

well with ur answer it sounded u havent learned ur lesson by the first 2 kicks....about the orange thing i think its fucking anoying. but whoever uses it its their choice. stat manipulation...dude where the fuck are u talking about....the kicks/bans in ur stats are for fun it doesnt affect ur Points, rank or whatever....12 year old admins huh.....well i think you where acting like an 12 year old whining player....because threatin a clan is really for some low life gamer

basic rules to learn on clan servers:
1. respect an admin as he is...dont like him? leave the server
2. Dont go bitching around for no particular reason (rules, admins game style etc etc)
3. Dont insult players coz they might be friends of the clan or admin.
and some more but i think these 3 are the basics

as for you, You Started, You made the problem Bigger, You got Kicked 2 twise and finnaly banned. so i think the FMG clan did the right thing.

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2005-12-15 04:06:08)

duckforceone
+3|6731|Denmark
if people can't take a little fun, they shouldn't be an admin... as an admin, i can truly see the fun in the first kick, but the resulting warnings and kick ban, are a total misuse of power...
sure it's their server... they can do what they want.. but if they do what ever they want, for those kind of reasons, i would be the first to warn others never to play on those servers and boycut them..

perhaps one should start a page, where you list friendly servers, with agreeable and friendly admins...
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6827
I've seen a few of FMG's around on various servers, and the ones I've seen play like idiots, namely doing nothing but the C4 jump spam.
dan500
+57|6855

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

dan500 wrote:

It's admins like this that don't understand the core of being an adminstrator for BF2 ranked servers. It is not your duty nor should it be your ability to turf people because your having a bad day. Cheating/Hacks/Unbearable exploiting is one thing, but kicking people for joking, sass, being good at a kit, or because they are killing you is childish and just cause for complaint.

I've had it out with admins so many times now because when you our your squad is doing well they find reason to start kicking and banning because they are "having a bad day" or they are loosing and don't like it. FFS grow some balls and play with dignity instead of kicking those you have no right to kick or ban.
When you have someone having ago at them, yes, we get pissed, when we had a day of people bitching, and having a go at admins we get just a little pissed, we never kick because of players doing better than us, if a player is just starting to be a pain, the we shall say bye bye.
Sud
+0|6755
I think with ur reply u where asking for it some people can have a bad day.  mostly the people who pay for the server get admin rights....so ur answer was usseles and stupid .
No, a stupid and useless answer would have been "their admins r fagz". My answer was an innoculous and amusing joke that no sane person could possibly take offense to. Having a bad day gives you no entitlement to acting like a jerk, especially when your tantrums leave lasting marks on people's permanent record.

This also is an reply that u where asking for it....my advice is Say(in ur room) : Fuck you,bitch, cocksucker, fag, idiot , asshole, dickhead, go suck ur momma tits etc etc whatever u come up with,  but Type in BF2 server : alright sorry...and frag along the rounds
Nobody threatens me, in real life or online. I'd like to see the likes of him say that to my face in real life. As it was, I could have said all those things you listed directly to him, but I still kept it in the realm of professionalism.

well with ur answer it sounded u havent learned ur lesson by the first 2 kicks....about the orange thing i think its fucking anoying. but whoever uses it its their choice. stat manipulation...dude where the fuck are u talking about....the kicks/bans in ur stats are for fun it doesnt affect ur Points, rank or whatever....12 year old admins huh.....
What lesson, PRAY TELL, is to be learned here? That power corrupts? That you can act like a total retard online while representing a BUSINESS and get away with it? The orange thing, last time I heard, was declared by EA to be an exploit, and players using it on ranked servers were to be kicked on sight - I have not confirmed this though, I was hoping someone would reply in this thread whether or not that is the case. Kicks and bans go on my permanent record, and admins of other servers will look at that information on a player when they make decisions as to whether or not they should kick them too (oh he has a lot of kicks, this obviously is a troublemaker).

well i think you where acting like an 12 year old whining player....because threatin a clan is really for some low life gamer
Well, your dichotomy indicates that you aren't the zestiest tomato in the sauce, so your insult is lost on me.

basic rules to learn on clan servers:
1. respect an admin as he is...dont like him? leave the server
2. Dont go bitching around for no particular reason (rules, admins game style etc etc)
3. Dont insult players coz they might be friends of the clan or admin.
and some more but i think these 3 are the basics

as for you, You Started, You made the problem Bigger, You got Kicked 2 twise and finnaly banned. so i think the FMG clan did the right thing.
1. You don't get respect until it's earned, and you certainly don't get it by these actions. Don't like it? Don't put a BF2 server up. There are plenty of others, let the players go to them instead.
2. How the hell do you misspell the word "twice".
3. Insult and joke are two very different things.

sure it's their server... they can do what they want.. but if they do what ever they want, for those kind of reasons, i would be the first to warn others never to play on those servers and boycut them.
They can't do what they want, there are certain guidelines they must follow. I consider kicking and banning without due cause to be stat manipulation. They should lose their ranked status for this. Can you believe these dillweeds are representing a business? I sent off an email to the support department about this, how much you want to bet I get no response or a response saying "we'll do whatever we want lolol".
RKF77
+1|6758

Sud wrote:

you aren't the zestiest tomato in the sauce
Holy shit, that's pretty funny.  I gotta remember that one.
{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6736|Winnipeg, Manitoba
did anyone know that Canadians are the #1 medical battlefield people in the real world... in world war one we sent over 120,000 medics and world war two we sent over about 1 million guys about 260,000 were medics and vietnam we sent about 40,000 guys 12,000 being medics and afganistan and iraq personally I think we should have left stupid idiotic bush take his own war's play time poll his own people... meaing he just wants to play war so why waste lives and shit! I mean hundreds of canadians are dying over there and we have no direct link to these terrorist acts it fucking pisses me off how stupid the us and canadian governments are today.
Leonnoe1
+2|6733
I agree.
Kalidescope
+0|6716
I think its very odd you think you have the right to come and play on my server and be disruptful and disrespectful to my admins and then beg me to get back on my servers threatening me with crying to EA games about crap they are really not concerned with. It is clear you really want to play on my server by the threats you have written me and everyone else and by your post here. So clearly our servers are not that crap after all right?
I see it like this. I pay $350 + per month to rent a machine and bandwith so morons like you can come onto my server and give my admins grief. You dont pay for it. You have no right to say jack.
If i dont want a moron like you playing on my server I wont. I wont have some idiot threatening and being disrespectful to my admins if I dont want to. I am not paying for that. The folks that play on my servers do not deserve that and they dont deserve to put up with folk like you making a ass out of themselfs. Folks that play on FMG are there to have fun and thats all there is to it, we dont put up with stat padders (its even in the server msgs we ban them) We dont put up with cheats (we stream our logs live to punksbusted.com and we use the pbs master ban list), and we dont put up with folks like you who try to screw our admins over when they are talking to someone interested in purchasing a ranked server that may help pay for the one you are playing on.
I am sorry to say it dude but once you start throwing threats to me about stuff you know absolutely snaffoo about you go straight into the banned for life moron basket. And you can take that to EA, The president of disgruntled noobs guild and the queen mother for all I care. FMG is one of the most popular bf2 communities out there and we are because we welcome everyone on our servers, no matter what nationality creed race or preference of any kind, we dont judge folks we just have fun, all we ask in return is that you respect our players and admins, if you cant do that just go play somewhere else.

Kalide - Half owner of Full Metal Gaming.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6720|Hong Kong, China
Sorry if I'm doing anything wrong, but this thread might be getting a tad bit hostile, and with the whole Canadian and US Policy posted, I think this might turn into an all out poltics war. RE: Server Ban, my personal opinion, which is not to be taken (too) seriously:

1) The Admin was either pissed already or he's just to strict.

2) Sud, no offense, but joining again and cracking a joke that might offend somone is NOT going to help.

So, pissed admin and a joking person do not mix.

Sud, not that you're wrong, but a harmless joke between you and your mates might offend someonem so maybe cracking a joke concerning someone with ear-shot of it might not be the best course of action.

Last edited by Aquastorm (2005-12-15 10:29:02)

blacksheepcannibal
+24|6760
eh, it was a joke, taken the wrong way. things went kinda out-of-hand with both parties, although i think the admin kinda overreacted to being called a hobo....
Sud
+0|6755
I don't think it was taken the wrong way at all. I think he was more or less looking for an excuse to abuse someone. Like I say, no reasonable person would take offense to something so innocuous. And if you're not a reasonable person, how is it that you have admin access to a server.

I don't think my responses were out of line considering I was being overtly threatened.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-15 10:45:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard