jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

They need a RIB only mode.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

I said that all along. IO is just medic whores, nade spammers and claywhores. Oh, and ammo bag spammers. Its karkand, but on every map... and without the tanks. And that fucks it up, since at least with the "armour spawnraping assholes" - it moves the game along. Same with artillery. Without it to take out those 20 snipers/suicide runners, the game cannot advance and is an all out stalemate.
I havent played karkand, aka stat pad central, since I hit 1stSgt back in May and I refuse to ever play it again (I did the 1stSgt-SgtMjr mostly on PLA maps). The map itself and how it is played represents everything that is wrong with this game. Warlord is as well, to an extent, but not quite as bad. If it wasnt for the Palace, then I doubt it would be as popular as it is as it brings back the "good ole karkand memories".

The only map which Ive enjoyed IO on, is Night Flight. Partly because it usually has low numbers which makes the map perfect with raids being carried out by squads under cover of darkness. But, the map plays a LOT better (at a faster pace) with vehicles.

Des.Kmal wrote:

I still ground pound in non-IO but its just relieving to not be in a game where there is no advantage, that is gay as shitaki. I want to have to have skill to dodge a tank or to bunny hop away from a nade.
Well said. I learnt those fundamental (and basic) skills playing the game properly. Learn that, use the AT class and you can take out tanks and choppers with relative ease. I took out 5 choppers in 2 rounds with AT rockets on Gator just now, 3 of which were at very long range . Speaking of which, if you wana learn to dodge vehicles and bunny hop away, try Iron Gator. Keeping your flags and capping the others whilst avoiding the choppers circling up above you, using the siderails/stairs, etc to your advantage. Any IO player would see that and run a mile since they expect to be able to run along the entire flight deck and not get shot at. Tossers.
dubbs
+105|6640|Lexington, KY
I think that IO actually allows you to become a better player.  It prompts team work more then non-IO servers do.  In non-IO servers you can get in a chopper and rape anyone, but in IO is you get a squad to work together, then it gets tough. 

Last night, I was playing Karklad on an IO server.  A squad was taking the back bases (64 player map) across the river, instead of going back toward the Hotel and take it (I was MEC), I choose to take on the entire squad taking the bases.  This lead to a lot of CQC that was a lot of fun.

Any n00b, can drive a tank or fly a plane, and take out someone on foot, but IO levels the playing field and you can tell who really is a good player.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662
failure.

IO ftw, just find a server that kicks snipers, the scum of BF2.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Des.Kmal
+917|6627|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

SargeV1.4 wrote:

failure.

nah.

its too easy.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6539|UK

Des.Kmal wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

failure.

nah.

its too easy.
You keep bragging about how easy it is, well why not try to go on a server were you need skill.
On my server i kick people for unlocks(Because they take no skill) and snipers because like sarge said scum of the earth.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6603|Iceland
lol look at the jet/tank/chopper whores try to say Inf only is for pussys, most of them cant use a gun for shit and get owned if they arn't in there metal protected armour veicles killing ppl that are trying to have a fun infatry game! thats why IO was made.
-MIKI3.
+70|6652|The Netherlands

Des.Kmal wrote:

I still ground pound in non-IO but its just relieving to not be in a game where there is no advantage
Are you serious ?

Last edited by -MIKI3. (2006-10-21 01:50:15)

-MIKI3.
+70|6652|The Netherlands

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

failure.

nah.

its too easy.
You keep bragging about how easy it is, well why not try to go on a server were you need skill.
On my server i kick people for unlocks(Because they take no skill) and snipers because like sarge said scum of the earth.
that's why your server is always empty?

(sorry for double post)
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6603|Iceland

-MIKI3. wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

nah.

its too easy.

(sorry for double post)
look at your own server, its empty now stop with the eFlaming

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-10-21 01:58:32)

reefl3x
+72|6411|United States
I was always worryed about the patches ruining my play style. Im a very per say.... hyper player. Im all over the place, and every patch has slowed me down a bit. v1.4 was just another step to get over, with prone > standing having a delay now. But I managed to get through it perfectly fine, and im better than ever. AFter recently mapping the shock paddles key, health pack key and rifle key to my mouse I can now switch between the 3 lightening fast...I can revive a guy, throw a health pack down and wip out my rifle and shoot while the health pack I threw is still in the air!

I have an mx518, so I set the rifle and health pack key to the side buttons and the paddles key is the mouse wheel click...

Karkand + ak-101 = disaster for opposite team.

Last edited by reefl3x (2006-10-21 02:34:24)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6650|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

LT.Victim wrote:

I did about the same KDR as kmal..
which isn't difficult
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6538|Belgium

Des.Kmal wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

If you constantly get these scores why is your K/D only 1?
cuz i used to go 3-34 in the beginning.
Deaths
Total & Streak     13,449 / 14

Dont beat yourself up too much, youre dstreak would have been lots worse.
Des.Kmal

spawnofthemist wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

I did about the same KDR as kmal..
which isn't difficult
for someone as leet as u maybe not... but for us regular players.

-MIKI3. wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

I still ground pound in non-IO but its just relieving to not be in a game where there is no advantage
Are you serious ?
yep.

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

failure.

nah.

its too easy.
i dont use unlocks.... m16 ftw son.

the only unlock i use is the g3.

im sure u use the unlocks... everyone does from time to time.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2006-10-21 07:36:24)

iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6538|Belgium
I suck with all the medic weaps, and the stock usmc assault. How the hell do you kill with those? They suck
Des.Kmal

iPoon.be wrote:

I suck with all the medic weaps, and the stock usmc assault. How the hell do you kill with those? They suck
usmc assault and usmc medic are the weapon, lol

plus on single shot, if the crosshairs is over the head..... theyre dead.

btw, ak101 ftw?

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2006-10-21 07:51:28)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
Single shot is key for the M16, actually i think of it as the only semi-auto rifle in the game. It just sucks so bad in 3 round burst but excels in single shot that it might aswell be a semi-auto rifle. Unlike the G36E users (thats all of you guys) who don't even know what single shot is, fucking gun is as accurate as the M16 in single shot when its in 3 round burst. Scum, just like snipers.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6538|Belgium

Des.Kmal wrote:

btw, ak101 ftw?
Nope, im mediocre even with that one too
Des.Kmal
yeah, pretrty much the g36e is like a laser, its kinda annoying... but yeah.

i have never whined before. (bar 1 or 2 times?) but now, this is ridiculous. i hate IO, it feels like cheating/padding or something...

i love how EA said "no IO or we'll ban ur server"

... *NEW SERVER SIDE OPTION: IO!!!

*someone said that earlier, but i didnt quote it, or feel like looking for it. so this wasnt my quote.
docnutz
+39|6768|B O S T ON area

-MIKI3. wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

nah.

its too easy.

(sorry for double post)
Muhahahahaaaaaaaaaaa  PWNED!!!!!!!!!

srry but i h8 the m16

Last edited by docnutz (2006-10-24 08:21:20)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
jesus, ive never heard of a server that kicks for unlocks and snipers. such a rubbish rule...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6693
IO mode is the only mode that takes skill.  Vehicles are for noobs, lets face it.

Jets and helicopters are pretty much god.  Running away is your only option when up against them.  How much skill does it take to fight an enemy that has no weapons?  Killing a soldier while flying in a helicopter or jet takes about as much skill as shooting at children - they can't do anything to you.  Your only hope is to run to the nearest AA station to get a 5% chance that the missiles will hit and kill them... but unfortunately this isn't an option because your guy runs at about 2 miles per hour and can only sprint for 50 meters.

Tanks and APCs are a bit better.  Unless you are an anti-tank or a spec ops in close quaters, then you have no hope of taking him out.  None of your weapons do damage to the tank or APC... so you have no chance at all of taking one out.  But if you choose to play as AT, then you can't possibly kill infantry because your weapons are shitty... so you can either kill infantry or vehicles, take your pick.  This is a flawed gameplay mechanic.  You should be able to have a CHANCE to take out someone no matter what kit you have... this isn't fucking rock paper scissors.

ATs have a very slim chance of taking out a tank or APC anyway.  it takes 3-4 rockets to take out a tank, and the engineer can repair it faster than you can damage it.  How sad.

Oh yes, let's not forget about artillery.  Artillery's sole purpose is to add an element of luck to the game.  Luck takes away from skill.  With artillery enabled, it's like you are continously rolling a dice as you play... and each time two ones come up, you die.  Don't tell me just to take it out.  That takes about 10 minutes and I get rewarded with nothing except 2 measily point... and 30 seconds later my efforts become in vain because the commander just drops a supply box next to it which repairs it.  Oh well, atleast artillery adds a bit of excitement: you never know when you are going to get killed next!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
good argument, and i agree with most of the points. the weakness/strength thing in each class is supposed to create teamwork, say in 6, 2 medics, 1 support, 1 antitank, 1 sniper, 1 assault. I know it never works like that tho...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6693
Never works in public servers
Des.Kmal
IO is easy mode, it takes skill to run away from those things sharkbite.(i refuse to use leet speak. ) so why take it out?

hey, if its not that big of a deal, then lets make all of them unranked? then we'll see what happens... people will start complaining again.. not realizing if they only played an unranked IO server...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard