[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6767|Oregon
i helped set up my friends computer today...and everything went off without a hitch (besides issues getting the heatsink on the cpu...goddamn those things are stiff)...untill we booted it up...everything is recognised, and the boot order is set correctly, etc, but it stalls the load sequence on the PCI Device List (the one that normally appears for about 1/2 a second) and will not progress...is the motherboard bad?

its an ECS mobo, Nforce SLI... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6813135026

if worse comes to worse, newegg will replace it nqa for another 2 weeks, but i want to be sure thats the issue, and not some weird header thats not plugged in or something...
claor
+39|6459|Australia
could be CPU or mobo not sure though, something like this happend to me once and i had to replace the CPU anyways goood luck!!!
deathhaven
+4|6732
check if the mounting screws are in the right place and that you have no more than necessary
dubbs
+105|6676|Lexington, KY
You sould also reseat any PCI on your "friend's" computer to see if that will solve the issue.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6767|Oregon
1: it recognizes everything...cpu included...says its there, a pentium D @ 2.8, etc.

2: mounting screws are good, just double checked

3: reset the pci things multiple times...the only PCI card is the SB audigy 2 ZS...the vid card is PCI-e.

yeah, i have absolutely no clue what could be wrong, other then a possible bad mobo, and this is not my first build....i should've seen something coming when it all went so smooth...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard