MaKaToM
+6|6484
Hey guys,

Ok, i got the game today (released today in the UK) and as soon as i got home i wanted to install and play immediately!

So, i installed the game and patched it....then started the game.

I had reserved my username and my GFs username a couple of months ago, so i was excited to use them. I entered my username and password, then typed my soldier name in, but the game says that the name is unavailable!!! i tried my GFs username and it says that that one is unavailable too!!!

My GF then remembered that she may have changed the username to something different, so, we changed the username and password to see if our soldiers were on there.

CD KEY INVALID! ALREADY IN USE ON ANOTHER ACCOUNT!!!

WTF?!

GREAT!

Now 2142 has already registered with a username with no reserved slots on it!

Anything i can do???

Thanks

MaK
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6653|Canada
go back to the store

ask for a refund on your money

don't forget the recipt
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
and dont bother to buy another copy
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan
Call EA tech support to see if they can "unlink" your cdkey.

Also to claim your reserved name all you have to do is log in using your EA member name and the name you reserved will be waiting for you in the soldier list.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

and dont bother to buy another copy
QFT
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Contact EA support. I did and the guy said he may be able to manually have it added to my account.
Buzerk1
+44|6807
If you got that error message while you register you game RE-ENTER YOUR CD KEY FROM THE BOX!!
MaKaToM
+6|6484
Thanks guys...

My EA username is makatom05....thats the one that i signed in with on 2142.

But my reserved names are under makatom06 (my girlfriend set up the reserved names)

So, now my CD Key is bound to makatom05 but my reserved names are on makatom06.

I have e-mailed and phoned EA tech support and they say they might be able to do something within the next couple of days...

So its a waiting game i guess...

MaK
section9
+9|6818|USA
thats gotta be aggravating
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Couldn't be stuffed with vet status... What's the point?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6693|Eastern PA
Does it reserve your BF2 username or the name used for registering on the EA downloader, etc?
MaKaToM
+6|6484
yeah if you have the veteran status then you can reserve your BF2 username so only you can use it....

So now my username is locked and i can't get to it til EA pull their fingers outta their asses....

I aint blaming them though because my GF shoulda put it under my account name and i should have reminded her i had it...

So its our fault

Gheyness...

MaK
.|microphage
+4|6603|Vancouver, BC
i just learned to accept the fact that EA screwed me over aswell...but other than that i got to the first 40 points in 10 min and i'm pretty jealous i didn't get the "2" on my name....but i still kick arse in bf2142!
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
If you can't figure out how to work the vet program you deserve to have no vet soldier.  A little harsh but true.
joker8baller
+68|6637
I actually didn't get it in the beginning , but it finally updated yay!

Last edited by joker8baller (2006-10-20 16:46:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard