• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • how do i roll and whats the best video card for this game?
Rick-77
+2|6818|Los Angeles, Ca
Ok i can,t figure out how to roll and i'm going to build a new system and need a video card recommendation.

thanks

Rick
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

wrong subforum. this is for issues around bf2s.com - the site -.

i'll move this to tech. btw, in that section, you will find a lot of info about people's rigs and what they'd recommend for BF2
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6698|Australia
Hehe, the best card would obviously be the best card out. But, to play under high, u really dont need any higher than a Geforce 6800 GT
Mdew_Nut
+1|6720
Get A 6800 Gs, There Just Over 200 And Are Considered The Best Performance For The Price.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

-_{MoW}_-Assasin wrote:

Hehe, the best card would obviously be the best card out. But, to play under high, u really dont need any higher than a Geforce 6800 GT
lol i have the 6800 le (light version) it sucks lol
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
If you're refering to 'roll' as in, rolling on your side when in the prone position, you can't. That's nothing more than an animation in the game. You'll see it when people walk sideways while hitting the prone key, and you've probably done it yourself as well.

If you've played America's Army, you actually see yourself rolling in 1st person view, but not here.

Oh, and make sure you got at least 1GB of RAM or more, because without it, even with a 6800 GT or whatever, you really wont be able to take advantage of the card without the RAM.

You will be able to set things to high, and you'll see the difference.. but without the RAM, the loading times are not worth the eye candy from the high settings. This also includes the initial 'cache'ing lag that happens even after you are in the game.
Schuy01
+0|6694|Minnsota, United States
Isn't BF2 realy 'heavy' on hard drive use as well? It does end up using alot of virtual memory. Even with at least 1GB of memory.

If this is true, isn't hard drive performance just as important as the ram?
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6807|Finland
Ryan wtf. Why does your sig show that youre a captain??? Its like a silver captain mark but in your stats its just a master sergeant.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6766|Barrington, RI

Landepaukku wrote:

Ryan wtf. Why does your sig show that youre a captain??? Its like a silver captain mark but in your stats its just a master sergeant.
there is an image of captains bars in the Bf2 game files.  he probably found it and simply manipulated the code for his sig to show that image instead of his real rank. 

Edit: Oh and if you right click that part of his sig one of the options is block images from ...Img336.Imageshack, so I was right.

Last edited by sewermasta324 (2005-12-10 13:31:39)

Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
i got an Powercolor x850XT for 250 off newegg.com
7800GT (certain none Nvidia branded ones) are below 300 right now
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

go onto tomshardware.com you will find all you need there
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

ur wondering how to roll? its just an animation, u do it, other people can see u do it, but ur vision wont roll too.
RDMC_old
+0|6706|Almere, Holland

-_{MoW}_-Assasin wrote:

i work with a Ati radeon 9600 pro.. it works fine you dont need a expensive card for like 200 dollars this card is 90 euro and works fine
emperorphoenix
+5|6744|Westeren Australia
no ati card for me they suck nvidia all the way with a 6800 ultra
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790

sewermasta324 wrote:

Landepaukku wrote:

there is an image of captains bars in the Bf2 game files.  he probably found it and simply manipulated the code for his sig to show that image instead of his real rank. 

Edit: Oh and if you right click that part of his sig one of the options is block images from ...Img336.Imageshack, so I was right.
Actually, I made that insignia myself, never saw the real one so I don't know what it looks like.
Rick-77
+2|6818|Los Angeles, Ca
thanks for the info. sorry about wrong fourm post
adv3rsary
+28|6685
i just ordered a x1800 XL from the ATI website... ill let ya know how it is when i get it
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
yea u went with ATi  : ).  im a ati supporter.
Possum61
+9|6718|Philly PA USA
6800GT here works great
5N1P3R
+1|6737
dont get a 6800, get a 7800gt. for only a little extra money there is a huge difference
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6811

Schuy01 wrote:

Isn't BF2 realy 'heavy' on hard drive use as well? It does end up using alot of virtual memory. Even with at least 1GB of memory.

If this is true, isn't hard drive performance just as important as the ram?
I believe so, to make room for virtual memory you sould defrag your hard drive.
Fragmented files slow your computer down.
Programs like Diskeeper will defrag files, but it takes a good hour or so.

Oh and if you have a tight budget, the 6600 gt is the way to go.
Man I wish I had 7800 gtx.
But the 6800 gt or the 7800 gt are also quite good

Last edited by A-Unit64 (2005-12-14 19:45:59)

-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6698|Australia
Errr, im only saying 6800 GT because u want AGP right?

For PCI-E, definitely the 7800 GT or 6800 GS
SAS-Topdog
+0|6676|Victoria Australia
Does anyone have a 6600 gt cause i got one and my comp crashes every 40 mins or so.  Do i have a driver or card problem?
psychotoxic187
+11|6679
i got an Powercolor x850XT for 250 off newegg.com
7800GT (certain none Nvidia branded ones) are below 300 right now

Nvidia does not make graphics cards, only the chipsets.

no ati card for me they suck nvidia all the way with a 6800 ultra

Why say this? It contributes nothing, and it's just a flat out fanboy statement. My x850xtpe is better than the 6800 ultra. Don't be so closed minded, you cannot go wrong with either brand, neither brand "sucks".
WormGuts
+17|6764|Dayton, Ohio
i'm running an ATI 9800pro.  for the price i payed and the performance i'm very pleased with it.
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • how do i roll and whats the best video card for this game?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard