Poll

Would you start over?

reset 19% 19% - 10 80% 80% - 42
keep my current user name 73% 73% - 38 26% 26% - 14
Total: 52
sleepy127
+4|6755
I Gunnery Sergeant now but my K/D ratio and win loss is not real good. I have gotten a whole lot better lately and my KD is improving. If you were in my situation would you start over to have better stats?

(sorry I made the poll wrong)

Last edited by sleepy127 (2005-12-14 08:25:43)

CBRacky
+0|6773
thats up to you.  you just gotta think about how long it took you to get that rank you're at, and is it worth it again.  i wouldn't.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6764|The United Center
its up to you.  people play the game for different reasons.

by starting over, youre going to find the game is pretty repetitive and youll just be working toward awards and badges that youve already earned through this account.  also, its somewhat of a waste of 134 hours.  granted, you got a lot better, but you have nothing to show for all that time.

then again, if stats are the most important to you, then yeah, by all means, start over, especially if youre only going to regret not starting a new account in another month.  that would be time that you couldve spent developing stats for a new account.
TroyN
+0|6742
I was in a similiar situation, I had quit for awhile and when I came back had like a borderline 1:1 ratio and 0.8 win ratio. If you're geting better though it'd just play, you can turn them around pretty easy. Went from 0.8 to 2.39 WIN:LOSS and 1.4 K. Glad I chose not to start another account now. Just my input that I wouldn't restart, but yeah as someone else said if you do want to might want to before ya get much further.
sandaltube
+0|6798
Sure, my K/D ratio would be better as would my SPM and K/DPM, but I don't think those numbers are worth starting over for.  I'm not a super highly skilled player (I'm traditionally an RPGer), so some of my badges I've had to work pretty hard for.  I'm not real eager to try for them again.
[iLL]h8+
+26|6733|Florida
Naw, dont restart.  This new goal to raise your motivation to play better and better each day.  By starting over it doesnt change the fact that you still get better with time.  This game isnt very hard, its just practice, placement and luck.  If you are a huge stat person just know that know matter what your stats say, if you are not helping the team your stats mean nothing.  I suggest on focusing on more flag captures because a couple of things happen with that:

-you get flag points
-you help your team win
-most battles happen obtaining a flag or defending it, so your K should go up if you are saying your skill went up

If you skill hasnt gone up, it will surely go up after posting your butt at a few flags because you cannot help but get better with all the action you will see.

In the back of you mind you will have all of those badges and hours lagged just sitting there doing nothing.

I would not restart, but really focus on what makes you good and DO THAT.  That will bring up your score.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6788|Atlanta, GA USA
I'm in the same situation.  I've been trying to increase my KD ratio, but I think it's gonna take a long time.  I was at .72 for a long time, and I've gotten it up to .83, but it is a slow process unless you can manage 2:1 KD every day.  For me, though, it isn't worth restarting; I'm already 1st Sgt with ~230 hrs invested...
47th|Knuspar
+0|6852|Denmark

sleepy127 wrote:

I Gunnery Sergeant now but my K/D ratio and win loss is not real good. I have gotten a whole lot better lately and my KD is improving. If you were in my situation would you start over to have better stats?

(sorry I made the poll wrong)
never ever never ....

reason i have stats, are so i can folllow my own progress ... and i would like that to be from day1 and forth

starting over is like ... well .. admitting youre a stats whore , which in my eyes means NOT a team player ... = i would never accept you

anyways, thats my 2 cents
1234BGD
+1|6767
No I would not.

Anyway that's my 4.1 million Euros
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6810
In fact, if I could turn the clock back, I wouldn't buy BF2 or SF until after the new patch comes out.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6761
Nope.  Check my stats, they're pretty nice, right?  I was the noobiest noob.  I was like 3/18 EVERY ROUND... then I started to get better, and now 98% of the time I get a positive K/D ratio.  I didn't start over again, and now I've got a 1.78 W/L ratio and a 1.34, up from probably a 0.43 K/D ratio.
armin
+0|6773| Bosnia & Herzegovina
i got a pretty good K/D ratio
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6763

armin wrote:

i got a pretty good K/D ratio
The hell do you people post here to brag - This thread isn't about you.
FFOLKES
+39|6780
I wouldn't restart.  To get your K/D ration up you need to start vehicle whoring.  This is the only way to really get it over 2.0 quicker.
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6733
well why would you want to start over... isnt it more satisfying to bring up your K ratio from lower to high.. when i began playing BF2 i really sucked... had K/d of .30~ now.. im better... i can fly planes and choppers.. which i couldnt and im even getting kills in them.... and my K/D is now 0.72... im gonna be very happy with myself if i hit the 1.0.... and i know im not the best there is... but i try and i do everything i can and last but not least... i have fun.
bgthigfist
+0|6822
I started over 3 times.  First I left a clan.  Started over with an account named to irritate a former clan member, thinking I could change the name when the 1.03 patch came out.  When that wasn't going to happen, I started another account, but always seemed to suck when I played it.  Finally started my current account with no clan tags and have used it ever since.  It's sort of irritating to think of those 8 thousand 'orphaned' points floating around out there.  Anyhow, do what will bring yourself the most enjoyment.  If you start a new account and change your mind, you can always go back and keep playing your current account.  You have nothing to lose.  Frag away dude.
Otto_Mattic
+0|6726
Already did.  My Otto_Mattic ID is actually my second character.  I originally started out with OttoTheGreat.  My stats for my first ID aren't as good as my second only because I was still learning the game.

I think my SPM for OttoTheGreat is around 1.33 and Otto_Mattic's is about 1.48.  TheGreat is a Master Sargent while Mattic is only a Staff Sargent.
uber73
+188|6769|Brisbane
im stuck with my clan tag embedded into my name.  respect.  lol, tho we are few
dont restart a new account, for most of the reasons stated above, but mostly the wasted time, and the fact that your growth is incorporated to your current account.  thats you, that is. not a ratio. 
if u wanna up your k:d, start commanding.. arty kills count, tho they dont show on your ingame score as kills.

have respect in thyne self.  at the end of the day, u have to play this game to enjoy yerself, not to get a higher ratio... i mean, is it gonna make you more sexksay to de laydies if u have a better k:d?

try that one down yer local...

Last edited by uber73 (2005-12-14 13:09:51)

sleepy127
+4|6755

FFOLKES wrote:

I wouldn't restart.  To get your K/D ration up you need to start vehicle whoring.  This is the only way to really get it over 2.0 quicker.
Look at my armor stats, but to my defense if someone else is around I will let them have the armor and just tag along, but I do whore tanks when I can. I am working on getting good with medic and assault right now and those two do ok outside of a tank. Supply and engineers were made for tank whoring. Thanks for all of the advise. I played sf tonight and managed a positive k/d ratio all night even while commanding. I beleive I will just keep earning points and the stats will get better.  Thanks again
j00han
+0|6826|netherlands
Hee,
This question (topic title) zipped trough my mind lately.
I decided not to start a new account i play for the growth.
My k/d is now at a shitty point 0.99 its real hard to just get it over,
A shitty 10 minutes with 4 arty deaths 3 spawnrapes and a teamkill only delay the breaking point :'(
over and over again.
As i said i was thinking quite a lot lately and i think this would be a cool function:

Current K/D ratio
Current SPM
Current W/L ratio
Current accuracy (not sure about this one)

All above would be an average of your last 5 updates or so.
And itergrated in you profile maybe under its own header.
So you would have a bettter view of how you are playing lately.
I don't think it's hard to code in cause you already have the info for the graphs.
When you trie a different technique or different settings you could see this.
I also know this belongs to BF2s request topic should i post again there??

cy,
Johan
divided
Clear!
+3|6790
hell no
Rakasan
+7|6854|California, USA
I have to go the other way and say yes (kind of).  I am gonna create another account to see where my small arms weapons KDR really is (as of today) versus KDR first starting.  It's kind of annoying slowly watching stats go up or down in small increments.  It would be better if there was some kind of monthly permance stats, but there isn't...
Jodah3
+1|6756

Rakasan wrote:

I have to go the other way and say yes (kind of).  I am gonna create another account to see where my small arms weapons KDR really is (as of today) versus KDR first starting.  It's kind of annoying slowly watching stats go up or down in small increments.  It would be better if there was some kind of monthly permance stats, but there isn't...
It would be simple enough to track this yourself.  Just store a spreadsheet on your comp and set up a few functions.  You can enter you kills/deaths at various increments and track how you are doing as of today.  This way you're not wasting your stats on a 2nd account.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6786|Human Meat Shield
Nope, keep same.
Stunty13
+0|6751
I don't know much about the ranks, badges, unlocks, etc. But can anybody tell me how long it took them to get the 50,000GP to get all the unlocks?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard