Trooper_Collider
+25|6715
I've just bought the game (PC DVD), but I'm on a trip now and I'd like to install it on my notebook. After doing this, will I be able to install it on my main desktop at home? It worries me the "Registration Via Internet Required for Gameplay" warning. It sounds like I won't be able to install it on another computer. Any clues?
Thx in advance!

Semper Fi!

Last edited by Trooper_Collider (2006-10-19 14:28:22)

D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6787|Belgium

Trooper_Collider wrote:

I've just bought the game (PC DVD), but I'm on a trip now and I'd like to install it on my notebook. After doing this, will I be able to install it on my main desktop at home? It worries me the "Registration Via Internet Required for Gameplay" warning. It sounds like I won't be able to install it on another computer. Any clues?
Thx in advance!

Semper Fi!
Good question!
I would like to know the answer myself, since I'm planning to play BF2142 at my Desktop PC (at home) and on my laptop (at Ghent - Where I'm studying)..
It would SUCK if you couldn't play on both, since you bought it, so you deserve to play it, no matter on howmany PC's!

But I'm actually afraid that the Serial Key can only be used once on 1 PC..
(I have experienced this before..)

But in the case that you can only use the Serial once; just mail Costumer Support and explain the situation..
Maybe (probably) you'll get to use it a second time..
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

I thought it was one key per login name....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6516|England

Flecco wrote:

one key per login
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6787|Belgium

Flecco wrote:

That'd be weird, since you FIRST install (and thus use your Serial Key) and AFTER that you log in..
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

I think u can install it on any PC u would like, but u have to use the same EA account... all the time
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6787|Belgium

rabee2789b wrote:

I think u can install it on any PC u would like, but u have to use the same EA account... all the time
Yes well that would be obvious.. :-)..
In any case: if it doesn't work: EA Costumer Support will have to let you install it on a second PC (or else you can sue their asses.. :-D.. )

Anyway: they helped me out when I had that problem with BF2.. So they 'll also do it with BF2142.. :-)
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6520|UK

^^^^^ I agree, as on the ea downloader there is an option to download the game on multiple machine's, meaning I do not see why the hard copy you own would be different to those who downloaded it direct from EA them self.
Rick-77
+2|6818|Los Angeles, Ca
It's Just Like Bf2 .u Can Install It On A Hundred Computers But U Need The Disc To Play And The Login Info. You Can Install It On Your Home And Laptop Just Take Disc With You To Play ,same Login Info.
Sorry For Caps
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6787|Belgium

Rick-77 wrote:

It's Just Like Bf2 .u Can Install It On A Hundred Computers But U Need The Disc To Play And The Login Info. You Can Install It On Your Home And Laptop Just Take Disc With You To Play ,same Login Info.
Sorry For Caps
No Problem Dude, The Caps Are Fine.. Just A Little Irritating.. L o L ..

no seriously: I couldn't install my BF2 on a second pc due to the fact that my Serial wouldn't work a second time (don't ask me why..). It got deactivated or something like that.. (although I can still play BF2 on this pc with it..)
Anyway; EA Costumer Support of the BENELUX helped me out..

So I wouldn't worry about that..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard