DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6550|Search Whore killing fields
I have 350 dollars right now that I have for me stuff(aka new bass) The rest of my paycheck is for my girlfriend and gas and appartment. Is this game really worth it?
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6525
yes
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6788|EUR
Wait till your next surplus - by then price will have gone down and you will see how the community likes it.
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6525
price wont go down until long after christmas
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6764|Chicago.
I don't like it, I don't plan to buy it.

My advice to you: wait untill it dips below $40. Then purchase it.
Port_Wildcat24
+0|6679
if you really want to wait months and months for it to dip below 40.... i didn't get BF2 until January of this year and it was still 50.

So nobody seems to be giving feedback that has played it so far.... anybody?  Is there a stats site to go to now that it's out?

I would also recommend not judging this game by the demo map.... i'm assuming they gave us something equivalent to Songhua Stalemate or one of those maps that don't get played that often.

Last edited by Port_Wildcat24 (2006-10-18 13:45:16)

The#1Spot
+105|6553|byah
bf2 series is not worth your money
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6788|EUR

The#1Spot wrote:

bf2 series is not worth your money
Thanks for hanging around the forums!

######

I reccomend you wait a bit, and when you run out of ideas to spend your surplus on (no more bass etc.) just buy it - it is good.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6703|Tampa Bay Florida
Wait til the game goes down to 40 bucks? LMFAO!  That will be half-way through next year!  Games are always funnest immediately after their release, and you're saying to him that he should wait 6-8 months just to save 10 bucks?  rofl............
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6557|Sverige (SWE)
Yes ! Why not......
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6651|Calgary,AB,Canada
Try the demo first then see if you like it. Thats probably your best bet
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6752|Omaha, Nebraska
Save your money stick to bf2 till something better comes out.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6676|under there hayousaidunderwear

splixx wrote:

Save your money stick to bf2 till something better comes out.
Bf2 was good

I say get 2142...I like it and fun to play with if your in a clan.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6650|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Like others said, the price will never come down. I bought BF2 this february and it still cost the same. Only the expansion pack SF was on offer.

I myself would buy it.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
I might try something on ebay. In a few weeks it should be low on ebay
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6774|Internet!
Careful on ebay. With a single account/CD key combo deal, if someone sells you a used copy and you cannot reassign it's account, you would be rather screwed.

But I'm not sure entirely how it works, just something to consider.
BF2142SUCKS
Banned
+4|6414
Don't buy the game!!!  In my opinion stick to BF2 ....its way better than 2142.,  The interface of 2142 is worse than the one on bF2 and also there is advertisiments and spyware of bf2142.  You won't like it trust me.

BF2142 SUCKS!!

BTW Fry's Electronics has BF2142 for $39 ...............not that you care!

Last edited by BF2142SUCKS (2006-10-18 16:41:51)

DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
I noticed a few "get 2142?" topics.. Should just make a "should I get this game" sticky
Ryan
+1,230|6856|Alberta, Canada

I will see next weekend when I play it at my friends house.
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6518
if you like running noobs over with vehicles buy it, as all the noobs flocked to 2142
nazspeed
+0|6477
well there's an award for running over noobs now too road hazard something... so i say BUY it
anyway its a slight change in gameplay and your grilfriend can always wait for you while you play then you can play with her if you know what i mean............
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6458|The Land of Scott Walker

BF2142SUCKS wrote:

Don't buy the game!!!  In my opinion stick to BF2 ....its way better than 2142.,  The interface of 2142 is worse than the one on bF2 and also there is advertisiments and spyware of bf2142.  You won't like it trust me.

BF2142 SUCKS!!

BTW Fry's Electronics has BF2142 for $39 ...............not that you care!
Interface of 2142 has better features that most people wanted in BF2.  2142 runs much smoother than BF2, also.  And it's downright fun.  Buy it!
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals

nazspeed wrote:

well there's an award for running over noobs now too road hazard something... so i say BUY it
anyway its a slight change in gameplay and your grilfriend can always wait for you while you play then you can play with her if you know what i mean............
She usually asks for money when we go to the mall or some where. Its either I give her money or she makes a scene. Do you know what its like to have 300 people staring at you while your getting chewed out

(I learned the hard way)
rocksrhot
+8|6413
Game is pants with brown goo attached. Don't buy this excuse of a game which realy is a crap mod addon with a new ranking system. Halo looks like it but Enemy territory Quake Wars will bury this heap of $hit when it's released.
DIEHARDBULLDOG
+0|6674
I've had the game for three days.  Wait until the fix all the bugs first before blowing 50 bucks. 

I can't freaking play it right now because PB is screwed and kicks people left and right.  Titan mode feels like you're high on crack and convusling irratically.  If you happen to get a copy with a CD KEY THAT FREAKING WORKS, then you lucky bastard (I managed to get it to install, open an account, but says it is "Invalid" when I try to register).  Not to mention, all the awards your earn in game, you may have to re-earn when they fix the freaking Master Server. 

Check out the forums at EA for more bugs.  I'm glad the above was not just me. 

To answer your question, I'd wait before purchasing this bug-ridden POS.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard