rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720
Since the CD-Key is binded to user ID, then you won't be able to buy or sell the game used. THis is really really trixy. Do any other games do this??? you can't go to your friend's house and play on his computer??
Tetn1s
+59|6680|Los Angeles
Well you can use the cd key over at your friends house. but you have to log on your EA account. no other accounts will work(EA Account and BF2142 Soldier name are different things)
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720
so if you buy it used from somebody, it's no good without the EA account name and password they used?
Tetn1s
+59|6680|Los Angeles
Yep, sorry to say

but you can buy used games, you just need to get a different Cd key

Last edited by Ned_Z (2006-10-18 18:15:17)

durkamoz
+5|6727
yep

If you decide to sell the game you have to in turn sell your account or it is worthless.
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720
have any other games ever done shady stuff like this before?
Tetn1s
+59|6680|Los Angeles
err i dont think so. not that i can think of. maybe someone can give you advice on that?
Chou
+737|6828
+ You can only have up to 4 accounts at 1 time, delete 1 and it will be gone forever, stats, rank and awards... gone !
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720

Choumichel wrote:

+ You can only have up to 4 accounts at 1 time, delete 1 and it will be gone forever, stats, rank and awards... gone !
I'm not talking about the sub acconts. i'm talking about the main EA login.
Dex Luther
+32|6476|Canukastan

rig0rm0rti5 wrote:

Guild Wars does it too.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6654|UCF
You're not even suppose to resell it if you register it. I think it voids an agreement.
demondspawn
+7|6799|Aussie in the UK
Say you down load the game from EA downloader and then you want to get the game from a shop so you have them all like a box-set, can you still use the account you used with the downloaded one with the one you have just got from the shop. so you use the same EA account with 2 different CD all be it one you downloaded ???
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720

vpyroman wrote:

You're not even suppose to resell it if you register it. I think it voids an agreement.
that's the whole point. If you buy it used, of course the other person registered it. it says on the box, "regstration is required for gameplay"

demondspawn wrote:

Say you down load the game from EA downloader and then you want to get the game from a shop so you have them all like a box-set, can you still use the account you used with the downloaded one with the one you have just got from the shop. so you use the same EA account with 2 different CD all be it one you downloaded ???
that really doesn't matter to me. You can buy 5 copies if you'd like and log in with one ea account on each one. That would lock all 5 to one user and you can never sell or transfer them to anybody else? That is stupid.
demondspawn
+7|6799|Aussie in the UK
that really doesn't matter to me. You can buy 5 copies if you'd like and log in with one ea account on each one. That would lock all 5 to one user and you can never sell or transfer them to anybody else? That is stupid.
I'm not saying i want to sell it i have downloaded it from EA but in the future i will want to get the CD so its not stupid.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6708|The Netherlands
So if my friend (who also has the game) comes here he can't logon to his EA account?
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720

demondspawn wrote:

I'm not saying i want to sell it i have downloaded it from EA but in the future i will want to get the CD so its not stupid.
if you don't mind paying twice for the game, then go ahead. What if you change your mind and want to give one of those 2 copies you have to a little brother or friend so they can play. Then you/they are screwed.
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720

Nessie09 wrote:

So if my friend (who also has the game) comes here he can't logon to his EA account?
i think first you have to login to your friends EA parent account. Then he has to retrieve your 2142 acct. but let's say your friend is not there, and he doesn't save his passwords, then you can't play on his computer.
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720
bump. i want to know if i'm being a baby about this!
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6569
VALVe and Steam been doing this. Unfortunatly for me STEAM chewed up 2 of my hl cd keys back in the day when 1.6 came out.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6597

rig0rm0rti5 wrote:

Novalogic does the same thing. Your CD-Key is tied into your user account. However if you delete your user account the CD-Key can be re-registered. So as long as the user who is selling the game remembers to deleted their online account, it can be registered again... (Maker of titles like Delta Force Land Warrior, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Joint Operations, Delta Force Xtreme...) Mind you those titles blow now, and they always had a major cheating problem.
jordanmillward_1
+11|6442
It happens frequently. It's so that you can't sell the game on, which you aren't meant to anyway.
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720

jordanmillward_1 wrote:

It happens frequently. It's so that you can't sell the game on, which you aren't meant to anyway.
if you buy the license to play it, then you should also have the option to download it for free if you loose the CD key right? Do they let you do that?

Reguardless, I have a physical license in my hand made of paper and plastic, they should grant me the right to play it?
jordanmillward_1
+11|6442

rig0rm0rti5 wrote:

jordanmillward_1 wrote:

if you buy the license to play it, then you should also have the option to download it for free if you loose the CD key right? Do they let you do that?

Reguardless, I have a physical license in my hand made of paper and plastic, they should grant me the right to play it?
Technically, it's not their problem if you loose the CD key. And it'll depend on the country you live in as to whether you can download a backup copy.

I know that in the UK, no matter what the companies say, you have the right to make ONE back-up of any game/music/whatever on your PC. It's only when you try to sell these games/music that it becomes illegal.
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6720

jordanmillward_1 wrote:

rig0rm0rti5 wrote:

jordanmillward_1 wrote:

Technically, it's not their problem if you loose the CD key. And it'll depend on the country you live in as to whether you can download a backup copy.

I know that in the UK, no matter what the companies say, you have the right to make ONE back-up of any game/music/whatever on your PC. It's only when you try to sell these games/music that it becomes illegal.
My bad. i worded my question wrong. Of course if you loose the CD key you're out of luck. I mean't to say, if Scratched or lost the disk, but i still had my CD key.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard