Poll

Would you like to see night/day mode option per map?

I would like to see this on regular BF2 servers as well 79% 79% - 34 20% 20% - 9
Hot patching would be great to allow this! 83% 83% - 36 16% 16% - 7
Total: 43
MinnTekDustin
+0|6449
Players wouldn't you like to see this option?

Post here as well
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&threadID=125797

Currently Foreign Legion, Tom Clancy, |HBD| and 116 other clans are running special forces servers, per game-monitor.com. Of these 119 Ranked servers only 6 of them run night maps. If you look at those 6 ranked servers you will see that they rarely visited if at all.

The top visited Special Forces Servers run only DAY MAPS with a whopping 4 maps to choose from, “Iron Gator” being an iffy day map. In comparison the SF servers have the choice of 8 maps while regular BF2 server have the option of running up to 14 maps makes SF boring in short amount. In addition to this there appears to be a trend of “ FREE MAP for the regular BF2 servers every time a patch comes out” and this strategy pushes the SF servers further towards the end of the list of “want to play on”.

Ever since ~FL~ Foreign Legion started playing BF2 we have as a gaming community accepted what EA/DICE have put on the table with the patches and what not. Example 1.3 server crashes which brought our server to a screaming halt etc until recently. I think its time for EA/DICE to help us out a little bit now. We have supported your community by paying over and above to maintain the status of “Ranked” on our server as 1000’s of others have.

All I am asking is for EA/DICE to change one setting that would allow us to utilize all the maps like regular BF2 servers have the capability of doing.

Now I’m not a complete idiot, I know just enough to know it would require the maps be redistributed to the servers and the clients and that it would probably entail a patch however, I believe EA/DICE has the power to do this.

Signed

Not looking for a miracle just a setting change or option for the SF night maps.
Help us help you!

~FL~ BeerBait&Amm0
http:www.flgaming.us
[email protected]
24/7 ~FL~ DAY MAPS BF2:SF64
72.232.124.66:16567

Last edited by MinnTekDustin (2006-10-04 14:32:30)

jimbo21
+11|6686
i don't mind night matches much. altho i can only take them for so long before my eyes start to bug out.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6715|Disaster Free Zone
No and No.
Why. Yes I'd play the 'night' maps in the day time, but if there was that option, 'night' would cease to exist. The maps are good maps but the darkness just gives it something special, something different and makes them that much more enjoyable.

No one would play at night, so there's no point to having the option for already day maps and you would lose the whole night map thing. Maybe if you could make day maps night, but not night maps day would be the ideal solution(tho pointless as I've pointed out).

If you can't see in night maps then you either need to fix something on your computer or have your eyes checked out, because there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.
Baron_von_Kondas
Ok! Try smelling this banana!!!
+74|6526|There?
Day maps should be able to be shiftet into night but not vice versa
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6456|My room
Yeah...the night is perfect for knifing.
JaggedPanther
+61|6508
Different repsonses to those at the EA forums

I like night maps, dont' get me wrong, but hardly anyone plays them and the voices above may be a minority as night maps not having a good amount of ppl playing may attest to that.

I would rather have more ppl play those maps as servers with a full rotation seems to clear out  when night maps come on.
Phrozenbot
+632|6649|do not disturb

Night maps are insanely fun, but you have a problem with SF like we do in BF2. Players only play certain maps. On BF2, people like to play "city maps", more specifically Karkand, and then Wake Island. On SF, it's Warlord and then Ghost Town. Personally, I find Great Wall to be better than any of the mentioned infantry maps... but people don't play it because they are stingy nubs and won't play Euro Forces, or they hate Europeans. The community is full of scrubs.
greenhaven
+47|6500
I would get EF, but there's about two EF servers total and I don't have a credit card.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6728|Howell, Mi USA
I would love to see that option on both SF and Vanilla, night maps own. Too bad theres not many servers running them.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Vexikuri
+1|6472
Aye, AF Maps, Wake & Karkand would be great at night.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard