Deedubya
+-2|6819|The Seventh Circle of Hell
As a medic, you shouldn't have to go full auto on someone anyway. If you are, then you're in serious trouble. I'll tell you, the L85A1 is the most innacurate of the medic guns in full auto. Hell, it's one of the most innacurate of all the guns in full auto. Anyway, I don't know what your problem would be. I didn't know you couldn't play BF2 with a dial-up, although that does make sense, seeing how the game is so big. The only thing I could suggest is be a straight medic, only fire when you NEED to. And even then, I hope you're at a distance, and on single fire mode with your gun, aiming for their melon.
Sud
+0|6765
Not to mention the L85A1 seems to shoot rubber bullets. Definitely not on my list of favored unlocks.

The thing I find odd is the frequency in which people get "headshots" (basically, all I can really accredit the 'insta-death' phenominom to, unless there is some kind of unexplained lag between the health bar updates and you). Even more odd is the frequency in which people who bluntly, suck, get them. It's not an uncommon thing to take a death to someone with a negative ratio in the game as an assault or support who simply just starts firing. Usually after I put 3 triples into him at close range.

The frequency in which I'll just triple someone once and get a kill is something like once every half hour. And even then, it could have just been someone low on health. Color me unlucky perhaps, I aim for the throat and you would think the rifle raising would take it to the head more often, but it doesn't.

Just for the hell of it, I decided to make an alias that uses hand grenades only. I wanted to see whether or not the double standard would be alleviated by just messing around. Oddly, even with the armor, I take an uncanny amount of insta-deaths, but thankfully a lot less than without armor.

On an amusing side-note, the hand nade character is actually viable (at least in urban settings), which is pretty hilarious. Lots of teamkills, much to the team's dismay, though I will say most of them were their own fault. I don't know how people can be so blind to things like a grenade laying on the ground right in front of their vision, but yet get so many headshots.

http://bf2s.com/player/mrnadespammar/
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6782

nating75 wrote:

Sud,

I can't believe it took you so long to realize with a k/d like yours. The best way to stay alive is to not get in front of an enemy muzzle. It took me around 30 hours before I figured out that some people in this game are damn good. I now stay alive (even as a spec op with no armor, no health packs to help) by only taking clean shots where I can put people down before they can reach cover. Playing hide and go seek or going head to head in this game is risky ,even with armor, and even if you do out smart someone you can still get dropped by one or two "lucky" shots.
sud's k/d ratio is fine on both of his names... anyday you have more kills then deaths is a good day. you meant to poke fun at his accuracy, but you screwed up. HA HA
nating75
+0|6794

DeltaForceWarrior wrote:

nating75 wrote:

Sud,

I can't believe it took you so long to realize with a k/d like yours. The best way to stay alive is to not get in front of an enemy muzzle. It took me around 30 hours before I figured out that some people in this game are damn good. I now stay alive (even as a spec op with no armor, no health packs to help) by only taking clean shots where I can put people down before they can reach cover. Playing hide and go seek or going head to head in this game is risky ,even with armor, and even if you do out smart someone you can still get dropped by one or two "lucky" shots.
sud's k/d ratio is fine on both of his names... anyday you have more kills then deaths is a good day. you meant to poke fun at his accuracy, but you screwed up. HA HA
I wasn't poking fun at anyones inaccuracy. Where did you get that? He said in his first post that he now tries and get good shots. I couldn't believe he wasn't doing that before. When I mentioned his k/d ratio I meant it as a good thing, "he has good ratios".

Don't be a dumb ass.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-12-12 08:42:24)

Esker
+1|6744
Lmao at the Mrnadespammer character.

I get people with temporary god mode on sometimes Sud and I agree it's really fucking annoying. It's even worse when you shoot the hell out of someone, pull out the nade launcher and blast the wall beside him all to no avail and just when you thought this guy wouldn't die, your team mate pops him once with a pistol and you get a kill damage assist.
Sud
+0|6765
This nade spamming character is turning out to be sadly decent, at least on Karkand (pretty much the only map you could get away with it on, but then again, the only map like 90% of the playerbase actually plays on).

I mean crap, it's got over 3.00 K/D ratio now, rofl. What's up with that? It's extra funny too because unlike ye old nube tube, there's no stigma attached to hand grenades.

It's funny constantly dancing just out of reach, flinging pineapples like some monkey in a tree tossing coconuts. I indignantly rain down grenades at the enemy APC from my lofty perch until it is forced to go away!

Well, at least it's good for finding all the primo places to hurl grenades from.

One thing I will add though is that when caught out in the open the armored support melts a lot of the time too. Not as bad as the medic, but I still get a TON of the instant death thing. You don't notice it as bad when using PKM as it melts people alike, but as the nade flinger, I take a lot of 1 hit deaths. Of course, using grenades only, I deal them too. It would seem that the best armor is a nice building or fence to hide behind while you just let loose with your endless hail of exploding gifts. That way, the negative ratio people who still always seem to luck headshots stay far far far away from you.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6769
I seriously doubt you always die in one shot, all the time, universally, from any gun. No really; until i see documented proof in the form of a video, i will not believe it.

Bad Luck, poor ping (you can have a T1 line and still have a 400 ping on a server...), playing on regular servers with hackers...there are many things that could give you your grief, but i doubt that if i ran up and shot you with a pistol in the foot, youd instantly die, all the time, at full health.
Sud
+0|6765
I play with 80 ping normally, I don't like going higher because I perceive high latency as a disadvantage.

Bad luck is a possibility, but so consistantly is not probable.

Hmm maybe I should look for servers with the demo feature enabled.
SnowBlind<xx>
+0|6728
I found out today: HIGH PING = DEATH

I just made Sgt. and unlocked the F2000, at first I thought it was it that was causing such a high accuracy.  Anyone I pulled the the trigger on in my crosshairs dropped like flies. I couldn't miss. Bunnyhoppers-dead. Dolphindivers-dead. It's like I was one step ahead of everyone else(for once, as I am still quite noobed-up which is why you wont see a stat-sig from me anytime soon). 

As it turns out I WAS one step of everyone else...the lowest ping on the server...between 25-35, the lowest I've ever seen it . Almost everyone else was in 100-200+ range. I got my first gold star as non-commander on that server.

Later on that night...same map, same kit,  different server.  Pinging about 250-300...hmm, how much difference could it make? We're having server issues and I'm lucky to get on one at all.  17 deaths and only three kills later my experiment was over. Low ping servers only less the suckage be upon you!!!

Last edited by SnowBlind<xx> (2005-12-12 20:24:45)

Seth Infinite
+3|6756|Houston, The Republic of Texas
As I understand the current situation there are 2 active hacks out there right now. The armour hack and the belly flop 1 shot and your dead hack. You might be seeing both of them. My ping is always under 50, but, when I see the belly flop-1 shot routine 4 or 5 times then it's time to leave. It's also these games where I have problems killing some players. If a player will use 1 hack I'm shure they won't hesitate to use 2. Bottom line, find another server.
hoad47
+2|6760|Sydney
i wasnt aware of an armour hack, me and a few mates play wake alot and have noticed one guy who seems to be hacking with a sniper rifle frog jumping and getting one shot kills form a big distance whcih i dont think is consistantly possible from that distance and also seems to be unbeatable in a tank, my friend put 2 c4s on it when he was a rare sitting duck for him and he didnt blow, then obviously blew my mate away.. i'd like to find out more so i can report him but dont really know enuff about hacks.. and definatley dont condone them.. i have also posted a similar post here
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=86053#p86053
thanks ahead of reply
Esker
+1|6744
What armour hack? That one where you shoot the enemy tank in the correct places and take it down in less shots?

Belly flop isn't a hack, there's no dive for cover key so the only way to simulate it really is to dolphin dive which I'm guessing he's on about.

The C4 thing happens a lot, it's just your friend lagged so the c4 didn't detonate. It's annoying but it happens.
dshak
+4|6830
I really don't know that you can use the ping to calculate much of anything... I've had a ping of 30 and terrible lag, likewise a ping of 150 and the smoothest connection you could imagine, and there's never been any correlation between how high my ping was and how well I was doing.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6782

nating75 wrote:

DeltaForceWarrior wrote:

nating75 wrote:

Sud,

I wasn't poking fun at anyones inaccuracy. Where did you get that? He said in his first post that he now tries and get good shots. I couldn't believe he wasn't doing that before. When I mentioned his k/d ratio I meant it as a good thing, "he has good ratios".

Don't be a dumb ass.
i'm not a dumbass, i made an incorrect assessment of your statement because it was worded poorly. i was only trying to defend sud's honor.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6738
Like someone mentioned before: Headshots. When you lay prone you get alot of them. The best way to avoid them is permanently bunny hopping.
Sud
+0|6765
yeah I believe delta's meaning in that was to say that it is uncommon for someone who maintains a front line as medic to have a high k/d, or something along that lines.
nating75
+0|6794

DeltaForceWarrior wrote:

nating75 wrote:

DeltaForceWarrior wrote:

Don't be a dumb ass.
i'm not a dumbass, i made an incorrect assessment of your statement because it was worded poorly. i was only trying to defend sud's honor.
The dumbass comment was because of your "screwed up" and "HA HA" comments. I was fine with you making an incorrect assessment and would have cleared it up with you without any snide remarks from myself. But, I don't like being told that I screwed up. Besides, everyone is a dumb ass at some point, including me

Last edited by nating75 (2005-12-14 11:31:29)

Buzerk1
+44|6853
If you only have problem with Medics, then they most probably have medics pack close to them and heal themself... You will need a headshot to get them.
Sud
+0|6765
No I don't really have problems with medics, but then again most medics seem to stay away from me.

You know, almost all my deaths I think are to some kind of full auto gun. I can't remember the last time I died to M16, and G36E is very rare for me.

The suggestion of hacks is interesting. It interests me mainly because of my experience with other games where there has been hacking. I remember diablo 2 and the maphack - users of the program eventually delude themselves into thinking it's "not an advantage, it's just a convenience". A lot of accounts were caught using that little sucker when Blizzard finally got around to doing something about it - 10s of thousands if I remember right. Punkbuster only has triple digits of people banned, and the game is patched very infrequently, this makes me wonder.

I try not to yell hack unless I can prove it in some manner, but it sucks because you cannot assess it. Plus at the frequency in which I die to 1 bullet, it would mean a LOT of people are hacking.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-14 11:44:37)

ronin1942
+-1|6861
i respect the fact your not yelling HACK but yeah the game is full of gliches i have been on the other side of what you describe i hear the rounds hit me but take only minimal damage i almost feel bad for spinning around and head shotting the poor bastard....almost..lol
Sud
+0|6765
Yes - the thing that has made me reconsider on that is the fact that I've been playing a "grenade only" gimmick account for kicks, and I am encountering the exact same thing.

Except now my personal situation is different. First off - support is armored, medic is not. Second, I bunny hop on it like no tomorrow because there isn't anything else to do when you use grenades only (and the fact that I usually need the distance for the throws).

And now, I'm getting pegged, in one bullet, right out of mid-air. On a consistant basis! That in itself makes me literally say to myself out loud "what the hell?"
AFlyingNun
+0|6737
Sounds like you have weird luck like me. I'm like a magnet for arty and ANYTIME I try to leave the safety of karkand alley ways and cross the street: enemy tank ahoy.

What you're probably getting though, is lots of AK's. AK's are some funky ass guns, they can take 3 to 4 hits mid range sometimes, but then be a one hit kill long range against a sniper another time. If I had a dollar everytime I turned a corner with full health only to be killed in one hit by an AK.

If I were you, I'd try always playing as MEC (then you'd be on the team with all the AK's, and you wouldn't have to worry about those) and try training to attack by stealth, by playing as a sniper using th pistol. I've managed to get 18 kills 9 deaths with pistol, all because it provokes me to be more cautious and attack quicker.
Sud
+0|6765
Except now that all the assault are using F2000s, and medics G36Es (just going to indulge myself in a I TOLD YOU SO when people were having arguments that "SF guns aren't upgrades! they're alternatives!", which pretty much ended once UBAR got the hard numbers up), but I actually remember encountering you in a server (aflyingnun apparently is a memorable name) and you seemed to go down to a legitimate amount of fire. I don't think you ever took more than 2-3 triples. Can't remember what class you were.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-14 13:41:57)

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6745|Honolulu, HI
Was reading that "could possibly be high ping" argument earlier and I started thinking...Sometimes when I hit an enemy (usually with a weaker weapon like one of the Medic guns or a pistol), my crosshairs flash and a puff of smoke shows up on the enemy's body...but the hit does absolutely no damage!  At least, I don't think they do.  It happens to me a LOT, but the best example of it was when I literally unloaded an entire magazine of 92FS ammo into the back of a prone Support enemy--at least 10 shots hit, each one with the "puff of smoke" graphics and the crosshair flash--and then someone G3's him, he dies, and I don't even get a kill damage assist!  Either those were some rubber 9mm's in my pistol, server lag is to blame...or that mysterious and undocumented "medic handicap" is in place (yes, I was medic and no, the Support guy had no medic bags around him).
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6764|The United Center
ugh, there is no medic handicap.  anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

yes, DICE is out to screw you over ingame by not allowing you to deal any damage, all the while taking triple the damage that other people deal out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard